[Q] Hard bricked !

Search This thread

NiM72NiK

Jun 28, 2012
Tehran
guys i was trying to restore the ta backup to relock the bootloader. after it was done it tried to restart the phone and after the shut down the phone was hard bricked !

unfortunately i was about to recover it so I followed this thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2646405
but i had a problem during the flashing

i get this error after some proceeds :
MINOR ERROR [0x80080021_, err:0017 ]
error while uploading final HDR block
break
finished

anyone knows what to do now?

megavigore

Jun 24, 2014
It already happened to me, you just have to flash again your phone with your computer and it work (for me). :)

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Greg is trying to help you mate.
And he's right, there's a time difference and you have to wait for guys to see your thread...

Check do you have latest flashtool
Check do you have correct drivers
Check is your ftf corrupted (download a new one)
, hard restart your device (vol up+power).

Open flashtool and hit start, wait till flashtool prepares fw and ask you to connect device.

Then connect device.

If that won't work, try to download another ftf file...
Maybe you have corrupted ftf and that's causing a problem...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NiM72NiK

Jun 28, 2012
Tehran
Greg is trying to help you mate.
And he's right, there's a time difference and you have to wait for guys to see your thread...

Check do you have latest flashtool
Check do you have correct drivers
Check is your ftf corrupted (download a new one)
, hard restart your device (vol up+power).

Open flashtool and hit start, wait till flashtool prepares fw and ask you to connect device.

Then connect device.

If that won't work, try to download another ftf file...
Maybe you have corrupted ftf and that's causing a problem...

thanks to everyone here who is trying to help me out . but guys, i'm having no flashmode no fast boot mod..i know how to flash a ftf..but this one is different! there is nothing except of a red blinking led.. its hard braked! it will not show anything when i connect to pc. no Power+vol up works. it connect just when you connect the testpiont to GND and some stuff to get connected in emergency mode...
:( when i connect it normally no log adds in flashtool or any sound on windows..

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
thanks to everyone here who is trying to help me out . but guys, i'm having no flashmode no fast boot mod..i know how to flash a ftf..but this one is different! there is nothing except of a red blinking led.. its hard braked! it will not show anything when i connect to pc. no Power+vol up works. it connect just when you connect the testpiont to GND and some stuff to get connected in emergency mode...
:( when i connect it normally no log adds in flashtool or any sound on windows..

Uff...

Are you sure you restored right/yours TS backup?
I have a friend who restored Z1 TA backup to Z2, this things happen so who knows...

It's really odd if you restored your backup on stock fw and something like that happened..

Now I realized you wrote "I had flashtool problems..."
I thought you have problems in flashtool now, that's why I said try with another ftf or another flashtool version...

If you got that, and you did, while you were flashing ftf....I believe you are, unfortunately, right, this is hard brick.

BTW - which firmware you tried to flash?

Last edited:

NiM72NiK

Jun 28, 2012
Tehran
Uff...

Are you sure you restored right/yours TS backup?
I have a friend who restored Z1 TA backup to Z2, this things happen so who knows...

It's really odd if you restored your backup on stock fw and something like that happened..

Now I realized you wrote "I had flashtool problems..."
I thought you have problems in flashtool now, that's why I said try with another ftf or another flashtool version...

If you got that, and you did, while you were flashing ftf....I believe you are, unfortunately, right, this is hard brick.

BTW - which firmware you tried to flash?

i was un iHackers 4.2 using doomkernel v21 tried to relock the bootloader( I have done that before) but this time it tried to restart but this happnd after the restart process..
seems it done, right? :(

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
i was un iHackers 4.2 using doomkernel v21 tried to relock the bootloader( I have done that before) but this time it tried to restart but this happnd after the restart process..
seems it done, right? :(

you need to be on a stock kernel if you relock the bootloader.

You should have flashed a stock FTF immediately after relocking and before restarting.

The solution is to flash a stock FTF

and you have not done this yet
What is emergency mode?

If there is no response then stick it on charge for 24 hours, do not touch it then try flashing a stock FTF again

please charge it for 24 hours without touching it, then try again

sieger007

Jul 4, 2008
Dublin
coming back to this thread. Wondered if all was well - ended well or still stuck ?
I tried to install magisk using bridge approach
and ended up with something that will get to just bluelight ( flashboot ?) mode . I am downloading a stock T-Mob FTF. J-FYI this is an operator locked boot loader. I dunno - is it poss to permanently unlock it and install Cust ROM ? I want to :
-- Recover my data from the dead prev . install
--Have a ROM ( stock or custom ) with Magisk installed.

My plan :
-- Flashtool install 4.4 FTF
-- _______________ <----- Need help here. How do I get magisk working ?

Note that AFAIK for locked bootloader , /system is RO