Custom ROM Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bzowk

Feb 12, 2008
Nashville
Hey Guys -

I don't have as much of a technical question, but an opinionated one. I switched from iPhone to Android 3-4 months ago and went with an HTC One. It's different, but has it's pros and cons. The biggest (Android) pro for me is "Tasker." I was big into the jailbreak community for iPhone and there's noting that compares to it.

Anyways, I'm looking for a suggestion for which new custom ROM to use. Soon after getting my HTC One (AT&T M7), I rooted it and loaded Android Revolution. It was ok, but then found ViperOne. I like ViperOne a lot due to it's level of customization but still run Nova on top of it for my desktop. The worst part about my phone is that even wit a Mophie battery case, it dies around 5:00 - 6:00 each day. Yes, it could be due to apps, but would like something which is good with the battery. Too much to ask? :)

So... here's a breakdown:
- Liked ViperOne best by far
- Plenty of customization
- Good battery life

Thanks!

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hey Guys -

I don't have as much of a technical question, but an opinionated one. I switched from iPhone to Android 3-4 months ago and went with an HTC One. It's different, but has it's pros and cons. The biggest (Android) pro for me is "Tasker." I was big into the jailbreak community for iPhone and there's noting that compares to it.

Anyways, I'm looking for a suggestion for which new custom ROM to use. Soon after getting my HTC One (AT&T M7), I rooted it and loaded Android Revolution. It was ok, but then found ViperOne. I like ViperOne a lot due to it's level of customization but still run Nova on top of it for my desktop. The worst part about my phone is that even wit a Mophie battery case, it dies around 5:00 - 6:00 each day. Yes, it could be due to apps, but would like something which is good with the battery. Too much to ask? :)

So... here's a breakdown:
- Liked ViperOne best by far
- Plenty of customization
- Good battery life

Thanks!

unfortunately, rom comparison threads aren't allowed here, your thread will probably get closed if a mod see it.

You'll have to try some roms by yourself and see what best fit for your needs.

rules listed in the general thread:

What does not go here (by far an uncomplete list, just some examples for topics that are not tolerated)
  • Everything prohibited by above linked forum rules.
  • "Whis is the best rom for this device", "Is this rom better than that" (always subjective, prone to fanboy wars)
  • Device comparison threads "Which is better: iphone or this phone" (see above)
  • "What was your last phone/will be your next phone" (Off-Topic to this phone, post that in OT-Forum)
  • "Hello"/"Goodbye"/"Merry Christmas,Easter,Hannukkah, whatever" (Obviously OT, just imagine every user posts that)
  • "I'll never buy HTC again", "Why HTC/Samsung/whoever sucks" and all other "hate"-threads (Tell that those guys, not us)
  • "Help!", "How do I...", "Why..." and all other Questions (belong in Q&A)

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Huawei P Smart+ 2019
Redmi 7A
Thread Closed

As alray mentioned above, we don't allow these kind of threads as it has caused us a lot of issues with arguments in the past.

The only real suggestion we can make, considering we don't know you're kind of usage, is to download a few ROMs and test them out for yourself. That way, you'll be able to find an ideal ROM to suit your needs and may even happen to find a ROM which others wouldn't even have suggested :)

Regards,
- KidCarter93
Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.