FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Teclast P78HD 7" Retina Allwinner A31 Android 4.4.2 firmware upgrade + root (tablet)

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

Post Reply Email Thread
26th June 2014, 05:00 AM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooplusplus.com

It is not infected. Rooting software typically contains methods to bypass security so you may get a false positive.

Here's the direct download link: http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root/download.htm

For rooting, make sure that you have enabled "USB debugging" in your tablet's Settings -> Developer options

Connect to a USB 2.0 port if possible and not a USB 3.0 port.

Swipe down from top of the tablet's screen to see notifications.

The bottom line notification will probably be 'Connect as ...'

Click that line and make sure that 'USB large storage' is checked (not MTP or PTP)

Swipe down again from the top line notification may say 'USB connected'

Click that line and click 'Turn on USB storage'

After it is "really" connected, try the Kingo Root software again.

If "ROOT" or "ROOT AGAIN" works, then you're done.

If not, disconnect the USB cable and reconnect a few seconds later. Try again.

Hi,
I have found that I must turn on "USB Storage", then it's rooting really successful

So correct procedure is:
- turn USB debugging ON
- select "USB large storage" in "USB computer connection" pop-up
- >> activate USB storage in "USB connected" pop-up << (this was missing in my previous attempt)

After that, rooting is succesfull!
I have removed over 20 applications and now I have 13862 score in AntutuX. In older fw was around 11000.

There is also possible to overclock CPU from default 1200Mhz up to 1450Mhz. For me, 1350Mhz is max. stable.
So I can finally recommend this tablet, it's great ☺

Now it would be great to figure out how to enable CWM...
The Following User Says Thank You to stillka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stillka Ad-Free
27th June 2014, 07:13 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great! thanks for the info!
I was able to upgrade and root the P78HD on hand but some of the apps which I removed, eg. PPTV,baiduIME, etc, get restored back on reboot. any idea why and what is the culprit?
27th June 2014, 07:26 AM |#13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunyun

Great! thanks for the info!
I was able to upgrade and root the P78HD on hand but some of the apps which I removed, eg. PPTV,baiduIME, etc, get restored back on reboot. any idea why and what is the culprit?

Yes, those application are always re-installed during the boot because they are in special directory "/system/preinstall"
Uninstall them and go to this directory and remove them forever!
27th June 2014, 11:00 AM |#14  

More
Thanks! Yeah, removed!
So far not bad except some intermittent lag and battery drain a bit fast. Have to use for a few more days for sure.
27th June 2014, 02:05 PM |#15  
Quote:

Thanks! Yeah, removed!
So far not bad except some intermittent lag and battery drain a bit fast. Have to use for a few more days for sure.

With Nova launcher installed, everything is quite smooth and fast. 13000+ in AntutuX is more than acceptable for that price
And the screen is really great for web browsing!

I am now looking for more optimization through build.prop tuning.
27th June 2014, 06:12 PM |#16  
I have tried enable ART but it's not working, It hang during the boot.

back to dalvik....
28th June 2014, 12:38 AM |#17  
OP Junior Member
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillka

Yes, those application are always re-installed during the boot because they are in special directory "/system/preinstall"
Uninstall them and go to this directory and remove them forever!

If I remember right, when you uninstall pre-installed apps like PPTV by using Link2SD, they are permanently removed.

BTW, I recently rooted my Motorola Moto E (Kingo Root did NOT work for this device). Based on my experience with the Moto E, I changed my mind about which method (1) Move2SD or (2) Linking to use with Link2SD. I find that I now prefer the "link" method and it seems to work without problem, perhaps because links are made on an EXT4 partition.
28th June 2014, 07:59 AM |#18  
Some applications are missing in google play store for me, like google+

Do you have same experience?
29th June 2014, 04:01 AM |#19  

More
Yup, the same, I do not see Google+ in my play store
29th June 2014, 04:22 PM |#20  
Quote:

Yup, the same, I do not see Google+ in my play store

I was able to manually install apk after I copied some missing files from my smartphone so it's running ok now, question is how to fix market generally...

update: I have installed "Market_Unlocker_3.5_PRO_FULLY_UNLOCKED.apk" and set correct Country, clear Google Store cache/data and now I see all apps including Google Plus.
30th June 2014, 09:27 AM |#21  

More
Hello. Do you have locked 31 fps afrer firmware upgrade? Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)