Rooting

Search This thread

foster016

Jul 17, 2012
Chicago
I'm trying to get use out of this aging tablet. I figured there aren't going to be any updates coming so I would finally like to root the device. However, everything I've read and tried is outdated and hasn't worked. I was wondering if someone could help me root my device. I'm not looking to run any ROM or anything. I'd just like to have root and superuser access so I can uninstall a lot of unwanted apps. Below is my device information. I've just recently done a factory reset and have not installed any drivers on my computer. Starting fresh.

Computer:
- Windows 7 64-bit
Tablet:
- Android Version: 4.1.1
- Build number: 10.4.2.18

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Restorer

Dec 14, 2007
I'm trying to get use out of this aging tablet. I figured there aren't going to be any updates coming so I would finally like to root the device. However, everything I've read and tried is outdated and hasn't worked. I was wondering if someone could help me root my device. I'm not looking to run any ROM or anything. I'd just like to have root and superuser access so I can uninstall a lot of unwanted apps. Below is my device information. I've just recently done a factory reset and have not installed any drivers on my computer. Starting fresh.

Computer:
- Windows 7 64-bit
Tablet:
- Android Version: 4.1.1
- Build number: 10.4.2.18

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is a one-click solution to root that should work on your device if that is all you want to do:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2228613

shatterstar78

Jun 30, 2014
I tried using Kingo. While the program said it rooted the device, I didn't have root access when I checked the app Root Checker and Titanium Back-up to uninstall all the unwanted apps.

Is your device unlocked? If you're not and you don't have any warranty, try unlocking it first then use kingo. It's what I used on several TF201 with no problem, but they were all unlocked so I don't know if being locked would cause the problem.

Last edited:

foster016

Jul 17, 2012
Chicago
Is your device unlocked? If you're not and you don't have any warranty, try unlocking it first then use kingo. It's what I used on several TF201 with no problem, but they were all unlocked so I don't know if being locked would cause the problem.

My device is NOT unlocked. How do I go about unlocking it? After I do so, I'll give Kingo another try.

foster016

Jul 17, 2012
Chicago
You can disregard! I tried Kingo again, without unlocking, and for some reason it worked this time! I am currently uninstalling all the bloatware. Thank you all for your help.