[ROM][Official][4.4.4]CandyKat Rom[9/8/14]

Search This thread

DWhite456

Feb 16, 2009
I am just revisiting my nexus 7. I havent touched in it in a year or more. It has an old smoothRom on it with 4.2.2. I tried to flash this rom with TWRP but it wont install. Not sure if smooth rom installed a different kernel. I also have twrp 2.6.0.0. Any thoughts? Do I need to upgrade anything before installing the ROM? Thanks

mar5hal

Apr 12, 2011
Kingston NY
I am just revisiting my nexus 7. I havent touched in it in a year or more. It has an old smoothRom on it with 4.2.2. I tried to flash this rom with TWRP but it wont install. Not sure if smooth rom installed a different kernel. I also have twrp 2.6.0.0. Any thoughts? Do I need to upgrade anything before installing the ROM? Thanks
Make sure your twrp is up to date. I usually download the latest .img and fastboot flash recovery twrp.img (the twrp.img has to be the actual filee name. I just used twrp.img as an example.)

stanleyopar2000

Mar 29, 2011
i have CandyKat 4.4.2 and i'm getting an OTA prompt to update to 4.4.3...should I update or will I lose root? is this update from your server or google official?

it's always in my app drawer so for now I just hid notifications from google play services

mar5hal

Apr 12, 2011
Kingston NY
i have CandyKat 4.4.2 and i'm getting an OTA prompt to update to 4.4.3...should I update or will I lose root? is this update from your server or google official?

it's always in my app drawer so for now I just hid notifications from google play services
Just flash the latest version in the op. We are on 4.4.4 so that ota won't do anything for you. We will be adding an it's for ck soon. Work life is to hectic ATM but I'll get on it asap

txgranny

May 29, 2014
North of Galveston, Tx.
udurupuj.jpg

This is CandyKat. Built straight from SlimRoms source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM.We aim to add more features as this project progresses. We have also come up with the Candy Sweetener Pack. This is an Aroma installer that is full of delicious treats. Inspired by the CandyShop thread on XDA it has everything from glow dots to halo mods.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shop

2e8esupa.jpg

@matthew0776
@mar5hal
@gimmeitorilltell
@BMP7777
@CyberScopes
@tattooboy

qy9e6u4u.jpg

CandyRoms

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

Steps:
  • Download CandyKat.zip
  • Download Gapps (optional)
  • Place CandyKat.zip on phones memory or SD card
  • Boot into recovery (either twrp or cwm)
  • Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
  • Flash CandyKat.zip (and Gapps if desired)
  • Reboot and Enjoi

be9apenu.jpg

CandyKat-v1.5.5-grouper
Mirror
GApps
CandySweetener (flash in recovery)

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, BeanStalk, AOKP and Paranoid Android for making their source open.
Sources:

CandyRoms
CyanogenMod
SlimRoms
AOKP
BeanStalk
Paranoid Android
DeviantX
LiquidSmooth

Am loving this!!! So much smoother and spunkier than CWM11 I flashed first. Don't get me wrong - I'm a CWM user for many years over many devices - they're the safe, quality resource for all us NOOBS, excellent work! CK just seems so polished ... thanks for your unfathomable effort and time to make android a better place! Love to ya'll... :cowboy:

DQEight

Jun 20, 2013
Jesup
Am loving this!!! So much smoother and spunkier than CWM11 I flashed first. Don't get me wrong - I'm a CWM user for many years over many devices - they're the safe, quality resource for all us NOOBS, excellent work! CK just seems so polished ... thanks for your unfathomable effort and time to make android a better place! Love to ya'll... :cowboy:
CWM= ClockwordMod Recovery
CM=Cyanogenmod

DQEight

Jun 20, 2013
Jesup
Problem

Rom boots fine if I flash it and Gapps but If I use the candy sweetener pack it sits at the boot animation forever.

Prattham

Sep 6, 2013
New Delhi
Rom boots fine if I flash it and Gapps but If I use the candy sweetener pack it sits at the boot animation forever.

first flash the rom then gapps is desired
then let the rom boot
then flash sweetner pack 1 boot it
then flash sweetner pack 2 boot it
voila enjoii
cheers ?

if someone helped you...don't say thanks just hit the thanks button

DQEight

Jun 20, 2013
Jesup
first flash the rom then gapps is desired
then let the rom boot
then flash sweetner pack 1 boot it
then flash sweetner pack 2 boot it
voila enjoii
cheers ?

if someone helped you...don't say thanks just hit the thanks button

Thats exactly what I tried, I flashed rom and gapps, I booted fine.
Went back to recovery and flashed sweetener pack 1 and it sits at boot logo forever

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts