[Q] What is params.bin and can it mess up my phone or can it fix my bluetooth?

Search This thread

morhsn

Mar 15, 2014
Hey guys,

I'm currently using OzcanRom and it's just great - strongly recommended!

My only issue is exactly the same issue as described in this post:
I'm facing a very strange problem as i'm unable to switch on my bluetooth... last week only i rooted my phone and installed CWM recovery...then i installed Custom Rom's like Hassan ROM, Omega ROM, Cyanogenmod 11 Rom, Pacman ROM etc etc just to check various Rom's and their features out.....At first i installed only one ROM at a time and den also dual booted two ROM's by romswitcher...While i was checking my phone once i discovered that my phone's Bluetooth is not turning ON...The toggle is only becoming light green and also from the settings its only showing turning Bluetooth On but it's unable to turn bluetooth On.....Now i googled my problem and read across various forums for solution...I tried various things also flashed my firmware to stock samsung but still bluetooth does not turn On...also i flashed with stock samsung firmware of feb and march 2014 and updated my phone over OTA but still the problem persists....i even installed latest perseus kernel while rooted but still could not turn my bluetooth ON.

I would be very grateful if someone can help me solve my problem and help me Switch ON my bluetooth as it is very needed aspect for my daily use.
My Version of S4 is i9500 with android kitkat 4.4.2. Also all my other features are working normally on custom ROM's too.

I too installed this Omega rom at some point and once I did that these problems started.

A user in that thread posted a reply in which he uploaded a file which he claims fixed his problem.

I really need my bluetooth to work again and would love to flash this file using Odin if it would fix the problem
BUT
I have no clue what implications flashing this file can have, can it mess other things up? I've spent the last four hours setting things up again in my new ROM and I would hate to have to do it again or even worse, cause some unsolvable problem with my phone.

I assume some of the developers here could help me out - should I run it?

Thanks!

Last edited: