64GB Sandisk SDXC memory card unmounts and corrupts after every reboot. Ideas?

Search This thread

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
Alright though I think the title says it all, I have a 64GB SanDisk micro SDXC card that I bought for my T-Mobile M8 and the card is formatted exFat using the built-in storage menu in settings.

My dilemma is that though everything seems to be correct, every time I reboot the phone or remove and reinstall the card or unmount the card, it can not be remounted without formatting it first and my PC doesn't recognize the card until it's been reformatted and remounted in the phone again.

I've read all about KitKat's ridiculous new sdcard policies and restrictions but I genuinely don't believe that my problem is related to the security updates that came with KitKat. I'm thinking there is another underlying problem.

I'm currently running ViperONE 1.8.0. Though I don't believe ViperONE is the cause.

any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

pixelsphotopro

Sep 26, 2012
montreal
Alright though I think the title says it all, I have a 64GB SanDisk micro SDXC card that I bought for my T-Mobile M8 and the card is formatted exFat using the built-in storage menu in settings.

My dilemma is that though everything seems to be correct, every time I reboot the phone or remove and reinstall the card or unmount the card, it can not be remounted without formatting it first and my PC doesn't recognize the card until it's been reformatted and remounted in the phone again.

I've read all about KitKat's ridiculous new sdcard policies and restrictions but I genuinely don't believe that my problem is related to the security updates that came with KitKat. I'm thinking there is another underlying problem.

I'm currently running ViperONE 1.8.0. Though I don't believe ViperONE is the cause.

I had same problems and i did format my sd card on my pc with win 7 in fAT32 using the "GUIFORMAT" free software, just do a search on Google, then I did put back my sd card in the phone, reboot the phone multiple time, copy files and after more than 3 days still work no problem

Reactions: dharvey4651

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
I had same problems and i did format my sd card on my pc with win 7 in fAT32 using the "GUIFORMAT" free software, just do a search on Google, then I did put back my sd card in the phone, reboot the phone multiple time, copy files and after more than 3 days still work no problem

And this is with a 64GB card? I had it formatted to FAT32 earlier today and to my surprise it did not corrupt the card after a reboot but it DID have trouble re-mounting the card.

I'll try it again with the program you suggested and see if that changes anything. Thanks for the suggestion.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.