[Q] Help fixing HTC one m8 (T-Mobile unlocked)

Search This thread

Joshua.n

Jun 29, 2014
please can anyone help? I recently switched ove r to android and got the gs5 but then realized I wanted the HTC one m8 so I bought it, I'm new to the whole unlocked bootloader and root so I was not 100 percent sure what I was doing but I unlocked the bootloader and rooted the phone then I did something stupid and on titanium backup I deleted HTC blink feed and didn't make a back up before, then I pressed the home button and it wouldn't work so I got all freaked out turned off the phone and after a while of fiddiling with the bootloader and recovery (I have twrp) turned my s-off back on and relocked my bootloader, I was afraid and wasn't sure what to do but now the phone won't boot to a home screen its just black if anyone can help i would really appreciate it. Thanks, joshua

Last edited:

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
Unlock bootloader.
Flash recovery
Load twrp
Push a Rom to your phone
Adb push Rom.zip /sdcard/
Wipe, slide to reset
Flash Rom
Get phone up and running

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: Joshua.n

Joshua.n

Jun 29, 2014
Unlock bootloader.
Flash recovery
Load twrp
Push a Rom to your phone
Wipe, slide to reset
Flash Rom
Get phone up and running

Can i use the same bootloader token i used the first time? and any rom preferences? And thank you so much!

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
YAY!! It worked, Thank you so much!! :laugh::laugh::good::good:

For future reference, unless you're returning the device, never relock or go s-on. And I personally don't go s-on for that, especially on T-Mobile. If you ever have issues like this again grab the RUU from HERE and run it. It'll put your phone back to bone stock firmware and you're still unlocked with s-off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlock bootloader.
    Flash recovery
    Load twrp
    Push a Rom to your phone
    Wipe, slide to reset
    Flash Rom
    Get phone up and running