Towel root

Search This thread

gainstatom

Feb 27, 2013
Okay, so towelroot for the At&t and Verizon galaxy s5 came out and I was wondering if it would work for also the galaxy s4, specifically the T-mobile. Thanks!

Somestars1

Jun 25, 2014
Nexus 5 4.4.4 won't update with Towel Root

I have installed Towel root, but am unable to install 4.4.4 on Nexus 5.Any suggestions?

Poroto

Dec 13, 2011
i didnt quite understand that modstrings thingy, but i do own a i9500 so feel free to use me as ur guinea pig lol

elr

Dec 24, 2009
I have the I9500 with 4.4.2 and it's not working with all 3 versions of the program.

Last edited:

DriftKi7Vg

Dec 3, 2010
Callaway
Question for anyone who can answer it correctly; would un rooting a phone (with knox tripped) and installing a fresh stock firmware then re-rooting it with this method and placing a custom rom on it would keep the knox un touched or would it still be tripped?

dwarfer66

Mar 31, 2014
Perth
Question for anyone who can answer it correctly; would un rooting a phone (with knox tripped) and installing a fresh stock firmware then re-rooting it with this method and placing a custom rom on it would keep the knox un touched or would it still be tripped?

Once Knox is tripped, it's tripped no way to fix that.

Stephen88

Dec 28, 2008
Hi guys I have a question, if I root samsung firmware 4.4.2 with knox 0x0 with this tool and after I want install TWRP recovery, this trip my knox counter or leave it free?

Marcopolosm

Jan 9, 2011
I also successfully rooted my tmobile M919 on 4.4.2 with towelroot. I then installed SU from chainfires site and next installed CWM from ROM manager. My knox counter is tripped, but oh well.

The thing I have noticed is that, since root, some applications that want to access the SD card are having trouble. For instance, Flipboard opens and runs ok, but there are no pictures. Kindle reading app cannot downnload my book to the device. It will sync them, but hangs when asked to download them. ESPN app would not download podcasts, UNTIL I switched the storage location from external to internal storage. (I ttried to change the Cache from external to internal in flipboard, but the application force closes everytime i try to make that switch - another indication that certain apps are having trouble with extrnal storage.

I have tried another SD card, but still no go.

Any ideas? Thanks

(also, if I were to decide to unroot, would the simplest way be to do it through SU ?

Sent from my SGH-T779 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

clu1688

Jul 15, 2012
I
I have tried another SD card, but still no go.
Any ideas? Thanks
(also, if I were to decide to unroot, would the simplest way be to do it through SU ?
Sent from my SGH-T779 using XDA Free mobile app

Kitkat blocked SD access so I was told. Use SD Fix to fix that, basically it opens up your SD card for write access.

Or any other SD fixer apps in play store.. You need root.

kponto

Nov 6, 2010
Hi, I have used 2 diferent sd fix apps from play store. They say the issue is fixed, but in reality, it is not. My kitkat is 4.4.2 and is rooted. Any other suggestion, please?

shenglimzdavid

Oct 23, 2012
HI, did anyone manage to get towelroot to work on lollipop stock TW for s4 LTE? Mine said "device npt supported"

Top Liked Posts