[Q] IMEI and network, please help !

Search This thread

wangshin248

Apr 26, 2011
hi everyone, i unlocked my phone when i were traveling outside the US, when i unlocked it, they changed my IMEI ( they didnt use unlock code ) so it's totally different with orginal IMEI, it worked with foreign networks. Everything was fine when i went back to the US, i kept using AT&T network, but now i changed to Tmobile, it has full bar signal. However, it said "emergency call only" i dont know why, it didnt ask me about entering unlock code or anything, but i cannot make a call or text, internet v..v.... it's seem so weird.

I just went to Tmobile, they told me maybe AT&T block my IMEI ( i bought it from Fry electronic, it's brand new fone ), but when i came to AT&T store, they said T-mobile have to setup their network on my phone. They are so fk crazy, useless.

I also rooted it, then update new Kitkat custom Rom, it works fine except that i cant make a call.

any idea ???? i feel lost, please help. :crying::crying::crying:

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
If you're blacklisted there's not much you can do. You have to call at&t and have them remove the block.

Verify you have the correct APN settings.

Name:*T-MOBILE
APN:*epc.tmobile.com* but you it’s an LTE Device, use: fast.tmobile.com instead
Proxy: <Leave in Blank>
Port:*<Leave in Blank>
Username:*<Leave in Blank>
Password:*<Leave in Blank>
Server:*<Leave in Blank>
MMSC:*http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy:*<Leave in Blank>
MMS port:*<Leave in Blank>
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type:*<Leave in Blank>
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN Protocol: Leave it to the Default one

Who unlocked your phone for you? Changing imei numbers is wrong and possibly illegal depending on where your at. Phones can be unlocked with out changing the imei. If someone changed your imei number to unlock it, I would contact them again.

wangshin248

Apr 26, 2011
If you're blacklisted there's not much you can do. You have to call at&t and have them remove the block.

Verify you have the correct APN settings.

Name:*T-MOBILE
APN:*epc.tmobile.com* but you it’s an LTE Device, use: fast.tmobile.com instead
Proxy: <Leave in Blank>
Port:*<Leave in Blank>
Username:*<Leave in Blank>
Password:*<Leave in Blank>
Server:*<Leave in Blank>
MMSC:*http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy:*<Leave in Blank>
MMS port:*<Leave in Blank>
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type:*<Leave in Blank>
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN Protocol: Leave it to the Default one

Who unlocked your phone for you? Changing imei numbers is wrong and possibly illegal depending on where your at. Phones can be unlocked with out changing the imei. If someone changed your imei number to unlock it, I would contact them again.

the problem is that they changed my orginal IMEI, so when i call at&t, they said my orginal IMEI is not on their black list. How can i go back to orginal IMEI ???