FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

EZCast aka Miracast dongle vs Chromecast (discussion, similarities and differences)

364 posts
Thanks Meter: 268
 
By mathorv, Senior Member on 1st February 2014, 12:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th June 2014, 01:22 AM |#41  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
But you said it lags?

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3
 
 
30th June 2014, 02:39 AM |#42  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Mine lags only if my phone is more than 10 feet from the receiver dongle for my Tronsmart using EZcast. Otherwise it is flawless.

Edit: And also if there isn't a direct line of sight to the dongle (i.e. wall separating line of sight or furniture in the way or phone buried in something.
30th June 2014, 02:41 AM |#43  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
And this 9 foot no lag region includes streaming movies from. Internet in mirror mode at 1080p?

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3
The Following User Says Thank You to recDNA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift recDNA Ad-Free
3rd July 2014, 09:11 AM |#44  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Yes in mirror mode streaming things from internet. I don't know whether it is 1080 or not though. If you can tell me how to check I will look for you
3rd July 2014, 10:13 PM |#45  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Note 3 - EZCast or Trosmart T1000?
Hey guys I have a Note 3 and am interested to know which of these 2 options is better for streaming movies from my file explorer onto my TV... I just want to be able to watch these movies that I usually watch with VLC Player and want them to look good and not get choppy. Thanks.
3rd July 2014, 11:51 PM |#46  
bhiga's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,027
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacopicante123

Hey guys I have a Note 3 and am interested to know which of these 2 options is better for streaming movies from my file explorer onto my TV... I just want to be able to watch these movies that I usually watch with VLC Player and want them to look good and not get choppy. Thanks.

The keys here are
  1. Are movies all stored on your device?
  2. Are your movies in a format and compression type that can be played by other players, or are they in format/compression that only specific players can play? In other words, can the native Gallery player play them?
3rd July 2014, 11:54 PM |#47  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga

The keys here are

  1. Are movies all stored on your device?
  2. Are your movies in a format and compression type that can be played by other players, or are they in format/compression that only specific players can play? In other words, can the native Gallery player play them?

No, these cannot be played in any way except directly through xfinity player in the internet. I believ they use flash player. They are not on my device. That is why I keep saying I need to mirror my dv8p

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3
4th July 2014, 12:05 AM |#48  
bhiga's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,027
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by recDNA

No, these cannot be played in any way except directly through xfinity player in the internet. I believ they use flash player. They are not on my device. That is why I keep saying I need to mirror my dv8p

Ahh, got it.
Well in that case I'd lean toward a dongle designed for Miracast mirroring for now.
Once there's a public release of the Chromecast Android mirroring you can see what people say.
I suspect performance will vary by device due to resolutions and CPU power, but moreover because some devices have on-board hardware encoders that if used, should provide a very smooth mirroring experience.
4th July 2014, 12:10 AM |#49  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
My device is a dell venue 8 pro which is to say the least NOT powerful. Only 2 gb ram with atom processor. Before spending money I was hoping someone with exactly this setup could comment on watch ability. Even better if they also use verizon on demand to watch commercial tv like HBO, STARZ etc through the internet.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3
4th July 2014, 12:34 AM |#50  
bhiga's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,027
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by recDNA

My device is a dell venue 8 pro which is to say the least NOT powerful. Only 2 gb ram with atom processor. Before spending money I was hoping someone with exactly this setup could comment on watch ability. Even better if they also use verizon on demand to watch commercial tv like HBO, STARZ etc through the internet.

Hmm... Support on x86 Android may not be as good or even exist.

For your purposes I'd seriously look at an Android TV stick which is essentially a full Android device that has TV output, rather than trying to trying to mirror from a low-horsepower device. Yes, it's another remote or input device though I bet they have some network-based controls.

EZCast might fill this requirement, but I'm not familiar enough with it to know.

At least a TV stick would be doing the work on its own rather than doubling up on the compression, decompression and network utilization as happens in a mirroring scenario.

Given that the Google I/O announcement had the Galaxy S4, which is significantly more powerful than my Galaxy S3, at the lower end, I'm guessing the Android screen mirroring still requires some amount of CPU usage. Also, I'm not sure those specs were listed with the idea of mirroring CPU-intensive video playback.
4th July 2014, 12:35 AM |#51  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
My DV8P is Windows 8.1

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chromecast, ezcast, miracast

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes