I bought a second hand HTL22 that was updated to the latest software and h-boot. Here are my specs
HBoot - 1.54.000
OS - 2.21.970.2
I payed someone on yahoo auctions japan[/URL] to S-Off it for me with plans to do the rest myself.
It came back with
CID - 111111111 - OK
S-OFF - OK
Upon getting it back I was able to unlock the Bootloader using the htcdev way and flash CWM and/or TWRP recoveries.
My issue now is that when I enter either recoveries, the partitions cannot be loaded nor can I sideload so I cannot root it. BUT I can boot fine into the OS...
I was thinking that its something to do with the partitions but right now I am at a loss. Does anyone have the partition table info for a stock HTL22 so I can at least compare? Really any advice would be welcome.
Thanks in advance.
UPDATE: Got everything to work and I will lay it out here - Unlock Bootloader, Root, Custom Rom, and Sim Unlock - Working on Softbank GSM
First of all everything that I did assumes that you have S-OFF and Super-CID and can adb/fastboot into your OneJ. This also assumes that all files you download will be put into the same folder as your adb and fastboot commands
1. Unlock Bootloader - I used the htcdec method
2. Install TWRP recovery - (Make sure you install the right recovery for your device and software version - this was my problem previously. If you install the wrong version you will not be able to mount your partitions and therefore cannot do the next step.
- Download the appropriate TWRP version from here: linkhttp://www.scottish-vinegar.com/%E5%...1%8D%E5%A0%B4/...I downloaded the 4.2.2 version
- *this step is optional and you can do it later but will save you bit of time to do it now
download SU and push it onto your device
- reboot into fastboot
- --- Your file name may differ
- reboot into recovery
3. Root your device
- Click install
- browse to your sdcard and click your superuser file (if you did not previously download and put this file on your device you will have to reboot into your OS and do it now. Please look at the second step of the recovery section for more info
4. Install Google Edition Rom *This step is optional but I dont know if your simunlock will work wiithout it as I didnt try
- Download rom for gsm here http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877490001371
- push or use a file manager to put it on your phone
- reboot into recovery
- wipe cache, data, system
- go back to install menu again and reinstall superuser
5. Unlock Sim - info from here
- Download this
- install it to your device
- run this command
- check your device and go into phone settings. Turn everything off except radio and set preferred network to LTE/GSM
give it some time it should find and connect to your GSM network
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|