[Dev][Discussion Thread ]Cyanogenmod(Jelly Bean) Build

Search This thread

gody420

Oct 11, 2012
mumbai
marching towards succes

Here than give me a Head Start:
Team name(i don't give a damm about it you can decide whatever it is :rolleyes:)
Right now i am thinking we should follow NovaFusion schudeule for time being That is under here.

Here is our schudeule.
x - Not done yet
x - Work in progress
x - Done

1. Buy phones x
*Already done.

2. Port a working kernel from Samsung sources x
 * Find, download and import the most recent kernel to our git x
 * Fix all defconfig warnings and conflicts x
 * Make sure it builds x
 * Make sure it works x
 * Customize it to our needs x
 * Merge Linux 3.4.94 x
 * etc. x

3. Port stable TWRP & CWM recovery x
 * Create a new, "dumb" recovery device profile x
 * Fill it with partitions info after we have our devices x
 * etc. x

4. CM10 initial bringup from sources x
 * Create a new, "dumb" Qualcomm device profile x
 * Fill it with partitions info after we have our devices x
 * etc. x

5. Fix all hardware related bugs x

6. Merge all CM11 (10.1 and 10.2 also if necessary) changes x

7. First CM11 build x

8. Debug, bugfix etc. x

9. Stable CM11 daily builds! x

Oky i am noob and haven't made device tree ever in my life(Except for my previous phone which already had device tree {I used that as help} .I have tried making cm for previous phone from my own device tree it booted).I don't have lot of experience like New Macław or marcin1147 but what betters than trying it and see it with our own eyes .Their might be chances that before we make cm NovaFusion might give us cm And i know that making new threads ,posts or making team won't just give us cm.But we can atleast try.I am done reading books and seeing videos.

For Now:
@Arinio Will you join.
@Shrukul Will you join
@El_Dark Will you join

Another thing.Member Required so minimum requirment:
1)Atleast know the basic languages(C,C++,JAVA......)
2)Familier with linux.
3)Have experience in device tree.(Not Neccesarry)
For now that's enough.We need as much help as you all can give.Please PM me

Here is the git:
https://github.com/TeamLinux (name is random :p )

Thnx guys hope evrythng vil b 5n n according 2 d plan

Reactions: Shrukul

Shrukul

Mar 2, 2014
Hubli
The main Problem is the kernel.I know how to compile kernel from source ,adding governer etc but i making stock kernel compt. is out of league @TripRex please help us in making it compt. with cm10

I am sorry But i cant help much with the kernel part since i dont know compiling kernel from source... also i dont know how to add governors and all those stuff... All i can help is once the kernel is good and ready, i can compile the rom from source.. Infact i have downloaded cm10, cm10.1, cm10.2 and cm11...So those who are experienced in kernels, make it compatible with cyanogenmod(It involves removing samsung exfat driver, SELiniux support etc i guess)...

Reactions: gody420

Arinio

Jul 3, 2013
Kolkata
I joined.

Excellent Head Start.

I am a Linux System Admin.

Knowledge in C only.

Now let us find a recent device (8 Series/9 Series, Make : Samsung) whose CyanogenMod is ready and download link is available (Stable Release) at CyanogenMod site.

Involve k2wl.

[Edited]

Visit How To Create CyanogenMod For Galaxy Grand Quattro : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541198&page=12 (Post #115)

Last edited:

lols21.10

Dec 22, 2012
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Time to get to work.TWRP is released for core.In my case i never have tried TWRP i wanted to but like i said ealier my device has gone for vacation and will come back after 18th. So, it will be helpful if someone could tell me the bugs of our current twrp of our device.

gody420

Oct 11, 2012
mumbai
hiii

Time to get to work.TWRP is released for core.In my case i never have tried TWRP i wanted to but like i said ealier my device has gone for vacation and will come back after 18th. So, it will be helpful if someone could tell me the bugs of our current twrp of our device.

Hyy can i install core's twrp 2 my quattro if s tell me m ready to try it...

Shrukul

Mar 2, 2014
Hubli
@lols21.10 I dont think twrp is necessary since our cwm satisfies our needs...
@Arinio So what do we do, start building device tree and kernel sources or wait for samsung galaxy core to release them for core??

lols21.10

Dec 22, 2012
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@Arinio So what do we do, start building device tree and kernel sources or wait for samsung galaxy core to release them for core??

I also don't think our cwm is bug free :confused: .well oky than i will work on it in the back let me remove it from schudeule.
I think for now we should learn more about the difference in our device and core till their device tree is uploaded

Last edited:

Arinio

Jul 3, 2013
Kolkata

Follow my instruction that I have already mentioned in my forum.

Start preparing your virtual machine.

Download Ubuntu latest version 32 bit (ubuntu-14.04-desktop-i386).

Download make-3.82.tar

Download Python-2.7.7

Download android-sdk_r23-linux.tgz

Download jre-6u45-linux-i586.bin (Before that, register to Oracle). Do not download 64 bit version.

Register to GitHub.

Follow http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541198 Post#2 (instead of 64 bit, use 32 bit).

@lols21.10 : You are senior, so help him. Also our CWM is buggy.

@manoj : OK. I will test it. What about Ali's Touch Recovery?

@gody420 : Do not try other devices CWM, CM or TWRP unless you want to change your Quattro to a costly paperweight. Please don't experiment.

Last edited:

gody420

Oct 11, 2012
mumbai
thnk u

Hehehe ..... I know but i misunderstood wat lols21.10 said... I thot he's telng 2 try core's twrp 5n my mistake:p

freitaz

Jan 21, 2014
Manaus, AM
Download Ubuntu latest version 32 bit (ubuntu-14.04-desktop-i386).

Will you build JB or KK? I think that the tools for building Android complains when they detect a 32-bit environment.

Download jre-6u45-linux-i586.bin

Oracle Java 7 is also accepted by the tools without complaining.

Furthermore, I am confident in all of you and I know you will do a great work :good:

Arinio

Jul 3, 2013
Kolkata
Will you build JB or KK? I think that the tools for building Android complains when they detect a 32-bit environment.

Oracle Java 7 is also accepted by the tools without complaining.

Furthermore, I am confident in all of you and I know you will do a great work :good:

freitaz currently I am out of hard disk space and I don't have high speed internet connection. Please ask others with necessary requirement to do the needful.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_t769

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING NOTE:

"You want to use a 64-bit version of Linux. According to Google, 32-bit Linux environment will only work if you are building older versions prior to Gingerbread (2.3.x)/CyanogenMod 7. However, as of 10.1 CyanogenMod does not build with 64bit host binaries on some systems. You will have to set something like BUILD_HOST_32bit=1 in your environment when building on such 64bit system. "

Last edited:
Reactions: freitaz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,
    I made this thread for all the developers to discuss about their new projects, errors while building, source building, help and support, CM bring-ups, patches and fixes, since we don't have a "Developers discussion" forum for our devices and developers too. :laugh:

It's a nice place for newbies like me to learn a lot from the awesome devs here. :highfive:

This place is just for developers and people trying to build ROMs from source or kernels. ;)

NOTE- THIS IS NOT A PLACE FOR BUG REPORTING OR REQUESTS :mad:

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE PROJECT PLEASE PM ME YOU NAME.
    Try to keep this thread clean :angel:

MEMBERS(Till Now):
    @lols21.10
    CM10.2

Hey Guys...

So Finally after going through a lot of trouble, i was able to build cm10.2 for our beloved quattro... :eek: And that's my first ever build... :p:cowboy:

But Sadly it doesn't boot i guess... I am uploading the link of the test build 1... Someone pls send me the logcat as i dont know how to take 1....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/du34p77mgykwhj5/cm-10.2-20140522-UNOFFICIAL-delos3geur.zip

Hitting Thanks would encourage me to work still harder!
    There are So many people ready to test builds :victory:and so many more willing to use cyanogenmod :eek::eek:but no one experienced enough to build one!!:(:(
    Dont worry, i have asked a developer named TheWhisp for help, i am not sure if he will help or not(Cant blame him if he decides not to since he doesnt have the device) but we got to wait... He is actually really kind but asking him to build cm11 especially when he doesn't have the device is too much to ask.. hence i have asked him to help us with device tree and kernel source since we can manage to build if he provides device tree...

Let's Wait and see what happens!!
    When I almost lost all the hope and even had thoughts about selling Grand Quattro ( I coudn't sell it though, else my mom would yell at me), Finally we could now get cm11 since Galaxy core happens to be the most similar to Grand Quattro in terms of specs... I think there device tree would be compatibe with our device too.. Only we need some kernel changes... And i have a feeling that NovaFusion themselves may build cm11 for grand quattro since only some changes are required!

TO sum it up, A good week for all Galaxy core and Grand Quattro users and there is still hope!!

@lols21.10 Gr8 plan to make a team.. We'll get started when they start releasing alpha builds for core....

@Arinio It would be gr8 if u could lend a hand!