By Slicktune, Account currently disabled on 29th June 2014, 06:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th June 2014, 09:01 PM |#11  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

Umm... lol? Was that supposed to be funny? I was just pointing out facts tough guy!

Lol that wasn't towards me that was between you and the guy that said it was just a launcher.. Lol but I'm on your side, is not a launcher.. It's all over the system
The Following User Says Thank You to Slicktune For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Slicktune Ad-Free

30th June 2014, 09:11 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
ya, i tend to agree to on the AOSP theme
30th June 2014, 09:16 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 5,269

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

TouchWiz is just a launcher? lol, you can't be serious. TouchWiz is everywhere EVERYWHERE on Sammy phones, so to say it's "just a launcher" is just idiotic....

I disagree but okay. TouchWiz might be interpreted to people as a theme. But its mainly a launcher. You can delete the TouchWiz launcher and still have a fully functional phone. LG Modifies their settings apks and other apks with their own theme. So i consider TouchWiz to be a launcher and the rest of it to be a Samsung Theme. But to each their own i guess.

Besides, this thread was going nowhere so i was trying to figure out what the point of this thread was.
30th June 2014, 09:19 PM |#14  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2,836

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

I disagree but okay. TouchWiz might be interpreted to people as a theme. But its mainly a launcher. You can delete the TouchWiz launcher and still have a fully functional phone. LG Modifies their settings apks and other apks with their own theme. So i consider TouchWiz to be a launcher and the rest of it to be a Samsung Theme. But to each their own i guess.

Besides, this thread was going nowhere so i was trying to figure out what the point of this thread was.

Go ask an actual Dev if TouchWiz is just a launcher and they will laugh at you. It is EVERYWHERE in the code dude.... don't get how you don't understand that. It is in the settings, phone app, statusbar, lockscreen, notification shade, camera, etc.
30th June 2014, 09:25 PM |#15  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Go ask an actual Dev if TouchWiz is just a launcher and they will laugh at you. It is EVERYWHERE in the code dude.... don't get how you don't understand that. It is in the settings, phone app, statusbar, lockscreen, notification shade, camera, etc.

Okay i guess that was too broad a statement saying it was just a launcher. But to me, it mainly is a launcher. The rest is just a theme/skin put on by Samsung the same that LG does. I seriously didn't understand what the OP was getting at with "Android L and TouchWiz" they will simply coexist. Samsung will apply their themes and animations over top of the default ones because that is their trademark.
30th June 2014, 09:28 PM |#16  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2,836

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

Okay i guess that was too broad a statement saying it was just a launcher. But to me, it mainly is a launcher. The rest is just a theme/skin put on by Samsung the same that LG does. I seriously didn't understand what the OP was getting at with "Android L and TouchWiz" they will simply coexist. Samsung will apply their themes and animations over top of the default ones because that is their trademark.

How did you not understand? He was wondering if, for example, the new lockscreen notifications and notification shade would make it's way to our phone, or material design. Or if Samsung would make their own version of L and do it their way. Simple question, not so simple answer.
30th June 2014, 09:35 PM |#17  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

How did you not understand? He was wondering if, for example, the new lockscreen notifications and notification shade would make it's way to our phone, or material design. Or if Samsung would make their own version of L and do it their way. Simple question, not so simple answer.

Well naturally I would assume Samsung will change it. But yes not so simple an answer. I hope they don't change things too much like they did with our phones for the lock screen Widgets.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
2nd July 2014, 09:39 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
The same thing that will happen at the release of every new version of android. Google will show a beautiful simplified and sleek version of android and then Samsung will ship it with their skin over it effectively making any improvements Google made negligible.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Free mobile app
8th August 2014, 01:36 AM |#19  
Flag Mount Horeb
Thanks Meter: 425

Donate to Me
More
Ok guys to put all your worries to rest. Samsung will almost certainly not give up on android. Their going to most likely strip android to the basics again and theme everything from the ground up. Just like last time, the time before that, the time before that, etc. Whenever a major upgrade came out they just went with it. All android l is a 3rd coordinate in the os for depth, new re-aamped animations and a new api level. It's nothing for the tons and tons of devs and designers at samsung to take on. Give it time and they will probably release their version of android l. And no, touchwiz is not just a launcher, it's a launcher, a whole new framework jar, and a whole new system ui. Also take into account what they've done to the settings. Tabs, a grid, more options all of it. It's not that easy to build everything from the ground up but it will be done.
8th August 2014, 06:40 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 265

More
You do realize that Samsung put things in their Touchwiz skin that was later adopted by stock android, right?

E.g. brightness slider in notification shade, quick toggles in notification shade, messaging popups, etc.

I'm sure multi window is on its way to stock android as well.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to thachosenone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thachosenone Ad-Free
9th August 2014, 04:25 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thachosenone

You do realize that Samsung put things in their Touchwiz skin that was later adopted by stock android, right?

E.g. brightness slider in notification shade, quick toggles in notification shade, messaging popups, etc.

I'm sure multi window is on its way to stock android as well.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I doubt it multi window will make it. Great idea but it's just not that useful. Especially with the limited screen size phones have. Google is always trying to minimize ram and battery usage

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)