[Q] GT-i9500 stuck on boot loop. goes into download mode but reboots. no recoveryu

Search This thread

grobrnik

Jun 28, 2014
Hey,

I've searched this forum on others but haven't found anyone who've had my problem.

I have an original GT-i9500 purchased a little over a year ago around the launch. The phone was rooted and had a custom ROM installed. (Crash ROM). I have installed the ROM about 3 months ago, and haven't fiddled with it recently. I've had CWM installed.

Yesterday I've noticed that the device went into boot loop all of the sudden. I haven't done anything unusual when it started boot looping.

I can see the Samsung logo for a couple of seconds, but then the screen turns off and the logo comes again. Loop. Trying to enter recovery mod (CWM) doesn't work. Phone keeps looping. Trying to access download mode does work partially. I can get to the screen where it says "Warning!!" and asks to click "volume up" to continue. But stays on that screen for a few seconds and then boots to the logo again. Happens whether I click "volume up" or don't.

I have no idea what caused this. But shortly before it started I did see that an app that uses wanam was updated (bubble UPNP) and there was some notification about it from wanam.

any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: rezabx and ShoukaT1

wind3735

Dec 28, 2013
You have eaither a malfuntioning power button, a faulty battery or some other hardware failure.

This is not a software problem.

I have exactly the same issue, tried plug in power supply, shows an empty battery icon with circle in the center, stays for a few seconds and screen goes blank. It repeat this process if i keep it plugged to the power supply.

grobrnik

Jun 28, 2014
Just an update in case anyone ever finds this thread and is experiencing the same symptoms. It was indeed a faulty power button. Having it replaced has solved the problem.

It was apparently stuck on "pressed" mode (not physically, i would've noticed that). Another indication for that was that putting in a battery would automatically turn the phone on.

Whiplash83

Jun 1, 2013
i know it was before a few months back,
but anyway... i got the same issue too, but my phone was on stock rom without root.
this is random annoying issue...
as i understand from you guys, i will need to take the phone to a lab to fix this, bummer! :(

thank you any way...

ShoukaT1

Feb 10, 2011
same problem here.. :(
just got this issue today.. cant go in download , cant go in recovery, wont boot...

i was using it just fine when it just turned off...

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida
same problem here.. :(
just got this issue today.. cant go in download , cant go in recovery, wont boot...

i was using it just fine when it just turned off...

i know it was before a few months back,
but anyway... i got the same issue too, but my phone was on stock rom without root.
this is random annoying issue...
as i understand from you guys, i will need to take the phone to a lab to fix this, bummer! :(

thank you any way...

Faulty power buttons, faulty power buttons everywhere.

I fail to understand how samsung does this. This has been like the 500th stuck power button issue here.

Looks like we have to add it in the guide.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app

Whiplash83

Jun 1, 2013
Faulty power buttons, faulty power buttons everywhere.

I fail to understand how samsung does this. This has been like the 500th stuck power button issue here.

Looks like we have to add it in the guide.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app

I've got my phone back from the repair service and it was indeed a failure of the power button electric circuit,
(i don't know exactly how to translate it correctly to English, but they say something about secondary electric circuit board)
anyway, it been replaced and the phone came back to live again :)

ShoukaT1

Feb 10, 2011
I got it fixed today..
I think it should be added as a major cause for bootloop, if you cant open recovery or go to download mode

at first i thought my phone was bricked but then after some hard searching i found out this thread and proceeded accordingly..
I opened up at the phone and checked the power button myself with my instruments.. then i took it to repair center and told them to replace the power button... simple as that.. cost me 9$

androiduser1493

Jan 23, 2015
Just an update in case anyone ever finds this thread and is experiencing the same symptoms. It was indeed a faulty power button. Having it replaced has solved the problem.

It was apparently stuck on "pressed" mode (not physically, i would've noticed that). Another indication for that was that putting in a battery would automatically turn the phone on.

Thanks for the clarification! My S4 has been doing that for a while now- think I'll take it to the repair center and get it checked out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey,

I've searched this forum on others but haven't found anyone who've had my problem.

I have an original GT-i9500 purchased a little over a year ago around the launch. The phone was rooted and had a custom ROM installed. (Crash ROM). I have installed the ROM about 3 months ago, and haven't fiddled with it recently. I've had CWM installed.

Yesterday I've noticed that the device went into boot loop all of the sudden. I haven't done anything unusual when it started boot looping.

I can see the Samsung logo for a couple of seconds, but then the screen turns off and the logo comes again. Loop. Trying to enter recovery mod (CWM) doesn't work. Phone keeps looping. Trying to access download mode does work partially. I can get to the screen where it says "Warning!!" and asks to click "volume up" to continue. But stays on that screen for a few seconds and then boots to the logo again. Happens whether I click "volume up" or don't.

I have no idea what caused this. But shortly before it started I did see that an app that uses wanam was updated (bubble UPNP) and there was some notification about it from wanam.

any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    You have eaither a malfuntioning power button, a faulty battery or some other hardware failure.

This is not a software problem.