[Fix] Google Account not showing up in settings

Search This thread

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
Another issue, when I add a google account, it doesn't show under accounts? And when I try view my calendar, it shows no details, then when I try add the account, it already exists, anyone experience this?

Just noticed this last night on my unit. I'm guessing GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter is missing. I just picked up a m<->m usb cable (no front usb) so I'll see if I can get it working.

EDIT: m<->m usb cable does nothing with the rear usb ports. But at least adb over wifi works. My suspicion was confirmed. Missing GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter. Downloading 4.2.2 gapps now and will see if it works.

EDIT2: Works great now. Grab the GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk from the 4.2.2 gapps package and put it in /system/app (using root explorer, or via adb). Make sure it's owned by root:root, and chmod 644. Reboot, go to Calendar, and you can select which calendars you wish to sync.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another issue, when I add a google account, it doesn't show under accounts? And when I try view my calendar, it shows no details, then when I try add the account, it already exists, anyone experience this?

Just noticed this last night on my unit. I'm guessing GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter is missing. I just picked up a m<->m usb cable (no front usb) so I'll see if I can get it working.

EDIT: m<->m usb cable does nothing with the rear usb ports. But at least adb over wifi works. My suspicion was confirmed. Missing GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter. Downloading 4.2.2 gapps now and will see if it works.

EDIT2: Works great now. Grab the GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk from the 4.2.2 gapps package and put it in /system/app (using root explorer, or via adb). Make sure it's owned by root:root, and chmod 644. Reboot, go to Calendar, and you can select which calendars you wish to sync.