Thanks Meter: 52

By netstat_EVO, Senior Member on 29th March 2011, 06:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd May 2014, 10:05 AM |#301  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94

Yeah, for as long as this thread has been going on, no one has had any luck finding replacement displays.

Has noone read this thread? As I said befor: "What about the RGS08096016B001 display from the EKS-LM3S811 Evaluation Board? It seems to work (posting 212, 213 and 215). About 40 Euro isn't cheap but I really like my MBW an for me it is worth it."

Take a look here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=212
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=213
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=215

And no, there is no smartwatch out there which looks as good as the MBW-150.

EDIT: Just send OSRAM an email to ask where to get their OLED displays.

22nd May 2014, 07:28 PM |#302  
Flag Irving, TX
Thanks Meter: 512

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdyne

Has noone read this thread? As I said befor: "What about the RGS08096016B001 display from the EKS-LM3S811 Evaluation Board? It seems to work (posting 212, 213 and 215). About 40 Euro isn't cheap but I really like my MBW an for me it is worth it."

Take a look here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=212
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=213
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=215

And no, there is no smartwatch out there which looks as good as the MBW-150.

EDIT: Just send OSRAM an email to ask where to get their OLED displays.

I did email them about a year ago and they said it was no longer available. I have had an eBay search for the EKS-LM3S811 board for the same time with no hits yet. I still have my three MBW-150 watches but have bought a Gear 2 in the meantime.
22nd May 2014, 07:29 PM |#303  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxus

I found this datasheet...
www[DOT]digikey[DOT]com/product-detail/en/OS096016PP08MW1B10/OS096016PP08MW1B10-ND/1010379 It seems to fit, just not sure how to order it. Has anyone tried this one?

Yepp! That does not work! Take a look here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=234

And if you can find one it will be rather old. OSRAM stopped producing them 2007 (I think).
1st July 2014, 09:39 AM |#304  
Flag Wolverhampton
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Smile New OLED finally Installed
Hi All,

I have managed to install a replacement OLED in my MBW 150 Music Edition.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2045.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	2826829  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abhishek.hitman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abhishek.hitman Ad-Free
1st July 2014, 03:12 PM |#305  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 3,067

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek.hitman

Hi All,

I have managed to install a replacement OLED in my MBW 150 Music Edition.

Holy crap, please tell me how and from where you bought the OLED panel? I have the exact same watch.
1st July 2014, 05:02 PM |#306  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
We need details!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my HTC Ruby using Tapatalk
1st July 2014, 08:07 PM |#307  
Flag Wolverhampton

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveseven808

We need details!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my HTC Ruby using Tapatalk

I knew this was bound to happen as soon as I drop this info over here heads will turn.. Don't get too excited my fellowmates, the oled panel I've installed in the watch is not a direct purchase..

Just like one Russian mate has already performed this mod. Even this oled panel is from a Texas instruments evaluation board, named evalbot. The Ssd1300t driver oled is used in that board. I had to extract it out from that board and then install it onto the watch. Definitely not an easy job I must say. Windowed fpcs are extremely hard to desolder.. The evalbot board is costly but I was desperate to get my watch to a usable state I wanted a discrete smartwatch and there's nothing other than the mbw. Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll try and answer them if I can.. Cheers.
4th July 2014, 05:18 PM |#308  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Wonder if you documented the replacement process. I might give it a go, I have two watches, a sport and an exec and both have long ago faded out completely. To be honest, I'm waiting for Moto360 as it seems like the only thing worth using out of all those gimmicky wearables out there. Talking from a style point of view of course - I'm sure everyone with a MBW-150 would agree.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
4th July 2014, 05:31 PM |#309  
Flag Wolverhampton

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leobg

Wonder if you documented the replacement process. I might give it a go, I have two watches, a sport and an exec and both have long ago faded out completely. To be honest, I'm waiting for Moto360 as it seems like the only thing worth using out of all those gimmicky wearables out there. Talking from a style point of view of course - I'm sure everyone with a MBW-150 would agree.

No I haven't documented anything in the process.
By Sport edition you mean the music edition right?
Moto360 is alright but still its just like any other non MBW smart watch, has only a display, you can get watch faces and all but still in the end it just does not look so perfect to wear as a watch. It does not have the depth like an MBW does or any other normal watch does for that matter. Still it might be a good watch in the end for everyone else. I'm really waiting to see what SONY's implementation of the Android wear turns out to be.

I'm sure they wont do an MBW revival but who knows. People would love it if they did.

Actually there are more similar looking watches to the MBW range for example, the COGITO classic and the Martian watch. They dont look as good as the MBW does in my opinion though.
4th July 2014, 05:37 PM |#310  
Flag Newnan, GA
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Please tell me that you'll do this for my MBW-150!
4th July 2014, 05:41 PM |#311  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Yes sorry - I meant the music edition. I agree with you, though I doubt Sony will come up with anything remotely as good looking as the MBW-150 (exec). I lost faith in them after those "smartwatch" attempts they came up with in the past couple of years.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mbw-150, oled, sony sucks

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)