The porting tool has everything & already given you all the info you need . . .
- If yours is emmc/ mtd refer to here & download your device res
- If yours is custpack refer to here & download your device res
- If yours is ubifs refer to here & download your device res
- Use the Unpack/ Repack recovery.img -> Unpack recovery.img, copy downloaded CTRv2.5 Eg: port_CarlivTouch-recovery-2_5-480x854.img & rename it to recovery.img & press OK
- Goto CTRv2.4\UnpackRepack\recovery\rmdisk & copy whole res folder out
- Goto CTRv2.4\UnpackRepack\recovery\rmdisk\sbin & copy the binary file named recovery out
- Use the Unpack/ Repack recovery.img -> Unpack recovery.img again to unpack the earlier working CTRv2.4 recovery.img for your device
- Delete res folder & replace it with res from CTRv2.5
- Replace recovery from CTRv2.5 to sbin
- Manual edit CTRv2.4\UnpackRepack\recovery\rmdisk\etc\recovery.fstab with Notepad++ & add the below accordingly
/boot emmc /dev/bootimg /recovery emmc /dev/recovery /uboot emmc /dev/uboot /nvram emmc /dev/nvram <- Add this new line OR /nvram mtd nvram
- Use the Repack recovery.img & let it auto-install the new CTRv2.5 to your device, thats it !