[Xperia S][ROM] Memory problem with ParanoidAndroid 4.4.4

Search This thread

mikylucky

Jun 29, 2014
Rome
Hi to everyone,
this is my first thread on this forum. I hope to post in the right section.
I'm new to modding but with a lot of luck and patience I succeded in flashing ParanoidAndroid 4.4.4 on my Sony Xperia S.
All went right, but there is a problem, a big problem.

For some reasons I can't move apps to the external memory (I read something about new Google policy), so now I have only the 2GB internal memory available, and you can imagine that has been filled up only by contacts.

Do you know how can I fix this issue?

Thank you very much

exitium90

Jan 12, 2011
That's a bug on PA RC2. Stable final version should be out soon so just wait a few days ;)

Sent from my Xperia S

Reactions: mikylucky

S4RSZ

Apr 25, 2012
Delft
Thank you very much!
I tried following the discussion on the PA thread, but there are so many replies that I couldn't understand if it was a bug or not :D

I'm running the test build by deedwar, in which the sdcard is accesible. You can download it here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53767718&postcount=1663

I'm running it as a daily driver and apart after a random fc of the launcher after a long time (or very heavy usage, cant pin it down) it works good. I'm not experiencing any problems with it, even with that fc of the launcher, since it almost never happens

Redstarr1

May 19, 2012
Keerbergen
Hi to everyone,
this is my first thread on this forum. I hope to post in the right section.
I'm new to modding but with a lot of luck and patience I succeded in flashing ParanoidAndroid 4.4.4 on my Sony Xperia S.
All went right, but there is a problem, a big problem.

For some reasons I can't move apps to the external memory (I read something about new Google policy), so now I have only the 2GB internal memory available, and you can imagine that has been filled up only by contacts.

Do you know how can I fix this issue?

Thank you very much

Are you serious, you have your 2GB internal memory filled up by only your contacts? I highly doubt that. I have over 50 apps installed at the moment without having to move any of them to SD, although no games. And I'm using ART so storage usage is even more.

Are you using Dalvik, and how many apps/games are you trying to install? You might have to make do with a little less for now but a fix is under way.

Deedwar has some test builds that have fixed the move to SD bug, but they're test builds that have some other bugs so only flash that if you want to actively test and you can live with some bugs (the launcher fc's as others said). Otherwise you should stay with the official Legacy builds and wait for the fix to get implemented there, could be next week already.

I'm pretty happy Google is scrapping the partitioning of storage for only apps and moving to SD, my Nexus 7 can use all of the 32GB storage for apps, no need to manually move apps to SD. I remember what it was like on my ZTE Skate with only 512MB storage and no built-in storage. Was a constant struggle for app space and just moving to SD wasn't even enough because that still requires some part of the app on the data partition. So instead of moving to SD you had to manually format the SD card and symbollically link apps to a partition there. It was such a mess that I never want an SD card in my phone anymore, and I also try to limit the amount of apps I install.

mikylucky

Jun 29, 2014
Rome
Are you serious, you have your 2GB internal memory filled up by only your contacts? I highly doubt that. I have over 50 apps installed at the moment without having to move any of them to SD, although no games. And I'm using ART so storage usage is even more.

Are you using Dalvik, and how many apps/games are you trying to install? You might have to make do with a little less for now but a fix is under way.

Deedwar has some test builds that have fixed the move to SD bug, but they're test builds that have some other bugs so only flash that if you want to actively test and you can live with some bugs (the launcher fc's as others said). Otherwise you should stay with the official Legacy builds and wait for the fix to get implemented there, could be next week already.

I'm pretty happy Google is scrapping the partitioning of storage for only apps and moving to SD, my Nexus 7 can use all of the 32GB storage for apps, no need to manually move apps to SD. I remember what it was like on my ZTE Skate with only 512MB storage and no built-in storage. Was a constant struggle for app space and just moving to SD wasn't even enough because that still requires some part of the app on the data partition. So instead of moving to SD you had to manually format the SD card and symbollically link apps to a partition there. It was such a mess that I never want an SD card in my phone anymore, and I also try to limit the amount of apps I install.

Yes, but the problem is that all the contacts are linked to the Facebook profile picture. Now I have disabled the syncing app and I have a lot of free space now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's a bug on PA RC2. Stable final version should be out soon so just wait a few days ;)

Sent from my Xperia S