FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] HDXPosed 1.3 : signature check, play store, downloads, wallpaper fix...

960 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,355
 
By Cpasjuste, Senior Member on 20th January 2014, 04:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd July 2014, 09:02 PM |#71  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,355
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faznx92

I'm testing it out. Thanks for the good work.

Update: I'm having issues blocking updates with it though . Xposed is newest and module is selected then rebooted. Went to Device>System Updates and it started downloading. Please use with caution.
Capsjuste, how does it block ota if you mind me asking? Can you pm me?

KFHDX Thor v.13.3.1.0

Hi Faznx92,

You can look at sources on github I think it should be easy to see how its done even for a non programmer. I was focused on background updates so I may have missed something. Is the update downloaded and visible with the download manager ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Cpasjuste For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cpasjuste Ad-Free
 
 
2nd July 2014, 09:22 PM |#72  
Faznx92's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 253
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpasjuste

Hi Faznx92,

You can look at sources on github I think it should be easy to see how its done even for a non programmer. I was focused on background updates so I may have missed something. Is the update downloaded and visible with the download manager ?

I was checking if it would update via Settings>Device>System Updates>Check Now. It started downloading. Ah I see, your mod blocks background updates, unless you check for it.
Code:
ota.ScheduledUpdateCheckerService
explains it^

I'm not sure if you know how my ota disable works but take a look.
Code:
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAUpdateMessageHandler"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.InventoryUploadService"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.UpdatesLookupService"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAService"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.AppStateMonitorService"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.CheckForOTAUpdatesService"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.ViewUpdateActivity"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAStatusActivity"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.ResetOTAMessageHandler"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.InventoryUploadService$InventoryUploadReceiver"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.UpdatesLookupService$MountStatusChangedReceiver"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAService$OTAWakeupReceiver"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAService$OTADedupeReceiver"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAService$OTAInstallNowReceiver"
If you check in the settings menu for updates it reports 'Last update failed'.
Caution people that your block stops background ota checks.
Also it would be cool if your could toggle ota block on and off in Xposed.
Just my 2 cents.

Others please test but be careful doing so, we may have a unlock soon and you sure don't want to miss out on that.
Best of luck mate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faznx92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Faznx92 Ad-Free
2nd July 2014, 10:17 PM |#73  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,355
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faznx92

I was checking if it would update via Settings>Device>System Updates>Check Now. It started downloading. Ah I see, your mod blocks background updates, unless you check for it.

Code:
ota.ScheduledUpdateCheckerService
explains it^

I'm not sure if you know how my ota disable works but take a look.
Code:
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAUpdateMessageHandler"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.InventoryUploadService"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.UpdatesLookupService"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAService"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.AppStateMonitorService"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.CheckForOTAUpdatesService"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.ViewUpdateActivity"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAStatusActivity"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.ResetOTAMessageHandler"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.InventoryUploadService$InventoryUploadReceiver"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.UpdatesLookupService$MountStatusChangedReceiver"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAService$OTAWakeupReceiver"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAService$OTADedupeReceiver"
pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAService$OTAInstallNowReceiver"
If you check in the settings menu for updates it reports 'Last update failed'.
Caution people that your block stops background ota checks.
Also it would be cool if your could toggle ota block on and off in Xposed.
Just my 2 cents.

Others please test but be careful doing so, we may have a unlock soon and you sure don't want to miss out on that.
Best of luck mate.

Is the pm disable function permanent ?
2nd July 2014, 11:23 PM |#74  
icedtrip's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
His tool allows you to reverse it. This is how I've blocked updates since I rooted a couple of months back.
3rd July 2014, 03:56 PM |#75  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,355
 
Donate to Me
More
Thanks to Faznx92 OTA blocking code should now be working in the new uploaded version. Now the 3 dcp packages are disabled by xposed using same process as "pm disable" does but on the 3 dcp packages instead of component like you did Faznx92.

But i do not have a stock rom to test currently so i'm not sure if disabling them completely could cause other problem's on stock rom...
The Following User Says Thank You to Cpasjuste For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cpasjuste Ad-Free
3rd July 2014, 04:11 PM |#76  
Faznx92's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 253
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpasjuste

Thanks to Faznx92 OTA blocking code should now be working in the new uploaded version. Now the 3 dcp packages are disabled by xposed using same process as "pm disable" does but on the 3 dcp packages instead of component like you did Faznx92.

But i do not have a stock rom to test currently so i'm not sure if disabling them completely could cause other problem's on stock rom...

Sorry to respond so slow. I use pm enable to reverse it. Something I also do is disable the amazon.dcp apk. Read the post here.
I can confirm that HDXposed version 1.3 blocks ota with KFHDX Thor 13.3.1.0. I really want to refine what exact functions are at work for ota though.

Small side note if your trying this. If you are currently using my blocker you first should turn off wifi, then in the toolkit enable ota to undo my blocker. Then install the xposed apks with the wifi off, setup, reboot, turn wifi on, goto settings > Device > Sys Update > Check. It should say 'Last update failed' else quickly turn off wifi.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faznx92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Faznx92 Ad-Free
7th July 2014, 08:35 PM |#77  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Location HDXposed that actually works??? ANYWHERE??
Does anyone actually have a working link for this module or can someone send it to me? AMAZON IS HARD AT WORK PREVENTING US FROM BEING ABLE TO USE THE DEVICES WE PAID FOR! I can't find it ANYWHERE on the net, and I've been at this for a week, rooting, side loading, etc etc. I'm about fed up. (Just needed to rant a little - ANYONE, PLEASE HELP!). Send me a link that works, a file ANYTHING resembling the actual HDXposed module.

Thanks!
7th July 2014, 10:58 PM |#78  
jimyv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag central
Thanks Meter: 187
 
More
Thumbs up wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by louvega

Does anyone actually have a working link for this module or can someone send it to me? AMAZON IS HARD AT WORK PREVENTING US FROM BEING ABLE TO USE THE DEVICES WE PAID FOR! I can't find it ANYWHERE on the net, and I've been at this for a week, rooting, side loading, etc etc. I'm about fed up. (Just needed to rant a little - ANYONE, PLEASE HELP!). Send me a link that works, a file ANYTHING resembling the actual HDXposed module.

Thanks!

I just used the download link at the bottom of the OP of this thread .2sec ago the problem is obviously on your end. Install the apk open framework go to modules and chech the box reboot
8th July 2014, 02:05 AM |#79  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimyv

I just used the download link at the bottom of the OP of this thread .2sec ago the problem is obviously on your end. Install the apk open framework go to modules and chech the box reboot

Every time I try to run the HDXPosed 1.3.apk, my Kindle tells me there's a "Parse Error - There is a problem parsing this package."

Any suggestions?
8th July 2014, 08:04 AM |#80  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by louvega

Every time I try to run the HDXPosed 1.3.apk, my Kindle tells me there's a "Parse Error - There is a problem parsing this package."

Any suggestions?

corrupt downloaded file...redownload
8th July 2014, 04:25 PM |#81  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade22

corrupt downloaded file...redownload


Yeah... there's a lot more going on than that. No matter what I can't install the Google apps and I can't change permissions on the system/apps folder either no matter what I try. And, even weirder, I have superuser and root check basic installed and it says that I have root, but I still can't get the Google apps installed. It's like a partial root or something. Very weird. I'm sure the file isn't corrupt - I've tried it quite a few times and no success. Any other suggestions?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes