• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

badtzo

Dec 8, 2010
Mexico city
Redmi K20 Pro
The drivers on this thread doesn't work for me (can't install because incompatible drivers). But you give me a clue... so I search for AMD + Renesas USB 3.0 and I found this drivers after reading a lot of webs.

This guy give me the solution

So I searched for that version of Renesas Drivers and her It is.

Now my PC (Gygabite + AMD + Renesas USB3) is showing FASTBOOT USB on Windows 8.1

Hope this drivers work for some one.

Last edited:
Reactions: dd98

dd98

May 19, 2013
Major update: Usb 3.0 driver install instructions fixed should now work with most (hopefully all) of you!!!!!! Also added htc drivers that work with win 8.1

Zin0

Sep 14, 2010
Mount Airy
For method 1, when i installed the AMD chipset drivers and reboot using the startup settings, nothing happens when i press 7 for f7. And when i check the device manager, it doesn't show the amd usb 3.0. And i also installed the driver from method 2, but nothing showed up as well.

light_n_roses

Oct 25, 2009
I'm currently on windows 8.1 update 1 x64 and I have an AMD FX-8320 CPU so I'm on the AM3+ platform. My motherboard has, indeed, USB 3.0 ports but they are not integrated in the AMD 990FX chipset, they comes from a dedicated chip ( from Asmedia ), I suppose that the procedure explained in the first page is for AMD Apu ( FM2+ ) which have USB 3.0 integrated directly in the AMD chipset. So my question is, what can I do on my pc to have my HTC One S recognized under windows 8.1 ?

By the way, Has HTC realesed a newer version of the driver ( I currently have the HTCDriver_4.2.0.001 which I think it's the last, sadly ).

dd98

May 19, 2013
I'm currently on windows 8.1 update 1 x64 and I have an AMD FX-8320 CPU so I'm on the AM3+ platform. My motherboard has, indeed, USB 3.0 ports but they are not integrated in the AMD 990FX chipset, they comes from a dedicated chip ( from Asmedia ), I suppose that the procedure explained in the first page is for AMD Apu ( FM2+ ) which have USB 3.0 integrated directly in the AMD chipset. So my question is, what can I do on my pc to have my HTC One S recognized under windows 8.1 ?

By the way, Has HTC realesed a newer version of the driver ( I currently have the HTCDriver_4.2.0.001 which I think it's the last, sadly ).

I'm not too sure as my laptop has an AMD E1-2500 APU and I already posted the new HTC drivers

afextwin

Jan 19, 2011
Raleigh, NC
www.ulbright.com
I just read through this thread and I have to say I am impressed by the amount of dedication given by XDA users to diagnosing and solving the issue of Win8.1+fastboot+AMD.
But I have to say, a cheap i3 or i5 system would have saved you all collectively hundreds or possibly thousands of man hours.

OK. good job guys, i'm done trollin'.

light_n_roses

Oct 25, 2009
beside the stupid trolling amd vs intel you have also stated a wrong thing...fastboot it's a problem of windows 8.1 not of amd or intel. There are separate fixes because "the fix" consist in altering the driver of USB 3.0 which is proveided from intel or amd ( mainly ).

dd98

May 19, 2013
beside the stupid trolling amd vs intel you have also stated a wrong thing...fastboot it's a problem of windows 8.1 not of amd or intel. There are separate fixes because "the fix" consist in altering the driver of USB 3.0 which is proveided from intel or amd ( mainly ).

somebody over at droid life.com found a fix for intel based machines only, and i found a fix for amd based machines. Intel drivers will never work on an amd machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do not use these instructions anymore, Microsoft FINALLY fixed it, look here

HTC Driver Install Instructions

Go to Desktop, press Windows key + R, type in "shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00" and click OK.
    Now click on Troubleshoot, then click Advanced Options then Start Up Settings.
    Now click Restart. Let the PC restart and press either the number 7 or F7.
    Download this and install it.
    Wait for it to finish and then reboot and enjoy
    Make sure you plug your phone into a USB 3.0 port EVERY Time when using Fastboot
    you shouldnt need a sense rom, why dont you download amd fix.zip in ubuntu, extract it and move the files to your windows partition and then try to fix your usb then try running an ruu

try to fix adb on linux try this

1. Open terminal
    2. type this: sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules and hit enter
    3. considering your phone is htc type in the following on the text editor window: SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"

4. save the file and restart your computer

or if this didnt work try this: http://androidonlinux.wordpress.com/2013/05/12/setting-up-adb-on-linux/

If you have any problems with your USB 3.0 port afterwards and want to return it to original driver, follow these steps to return to your original driver

Press Windows key + R, type in "devmgmt.msc" and click OK.
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
    The USB 3.0 port is listed as "AMD USB 3.0 Host Controller", double-click on it and select the Driver tab, click "Roll back driver" and select Yes.
    Restart your computer
    Good news! It seems that MS is planning on adding a registry setting to fix this in the Aug 2014 update. Source