Help reverting back to stock

Search This thread

fbpw131

May 19, 2014
Brasov
Hello,

Obviously, I have a HTC One SV that I bought second-hand and it came custom modded / custom firmware.
I am a newbie regarding Android or HTC modding. I know my way around computers, linux included.
I tried to do this on my own, but there's a lot of terminology like S-ON/OFF, hboot v1.x..., recovery this, custom that and it all seems a mess. This is not well documented at all.

If someone would be kind enough to tell me what I need to do to go back to stock (as close as possible), I would very much appreciate.

About > Software information:

• Android version: 4.1.2
  • HTC Sense version: 4+
  • Software number: 2.14.401.6
  • HTC SDK API Level: 4.65
  • HTC Extension version: HTCExtension_Sense45_8
  • Kernel version: 3.4.10.NATALY root@tux #1 SMP PREEMPT
  • Baseband version: 1.15.40a.00.04_10.74a.40.23U
  • Build number: 2.14.401.6 CL 157853 release-keys
  • Browser version: WebKit/534.30

edit #1:
VolDown + Power:
*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
K2_U PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0000
RADIO-1.15.40a.00.04
OpenDSP-v9.2.0268.1214
eMMC-boot
Mar 19 2013,02:51:54:-1

HBOOT

<instructions>

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK
IMAGE CRC
SHOW BARCODE​

Thank you,
Sebastian.

edit #2: If an administrator could move this to Q&A, I've mistaken the category, sorry.

Last edited:

fbpw131

May 19, 2014
Brasov
Well, i don't describe this way everyday (or second day) again and again...
In short sentence: get S-off with moonshine.io, get supercid with fastboot command and then follow my guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2386426
About the technical questions (what is S-off or fastboot) you will find your answer, if you make search on xda or google.

Ok, so I've checked moonshine, but the version is a missmatch.
Moonshine says it needs for the k2_u: 2.14.401.107 and I have 2.14.401.6

Thanks!
%edit: wierd thing, my phone has LTE (at least it appears in the "Mobile data -> Network mode" menu), shouldn't it be k2_ul?
%edit #2: I checked *#*#4636#*#* > Phone information and the selected "mode" is GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto. There's LTE ony available, if that counts for anything.

Last edited:

old.splatterhand

Recognized Contributor
Nov 4, 2010
Saturn III
HTC One (M8)
Android Wear
You have a k2ul rom on your phone (i guess, it Saturn III). But that does not bring you Lte (even when its available in options).
It is a k2u, when it is written in the bootloader.
Hm, i'm not sure, which version to use in this case.
But you should be able to install stock k2u rom with Twrp recovery. Make a backup and and full wipe before.
Also flash SuperSu.zip, you need root for moonshine. Then use the moonshine version for k2u.
All what you need, you'll find if you follow the link in my signature, in my index thread.

fbpw131

May 19, 2014
Brasov
This one should be good to go with you hboot: LINK REMOVED

Ok, done (had some problems with fastboot, everything ok now).

I did the backup and removed the SDCard (paranoia) and now I want to do the full wipe.

Should I do the Factory Reset (Wipes Data, Cache and Dalvik .android_secure) or an advanced wipe and check everything?

What ROM should I flash?

%edit:
Is this OK?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2254384 -> http://d-h.st/hDK

Last edited:

fbpw131

May 19, 2014
Brasov
Yes, you can. But first get S-off. Then the next step.

So I had to switch PC-s and I'm now sitting at a 8.1 desktop. I'm trying to setup adb and fastboot. Be right back with moonshine preparations.

%edit:
Ok, moonshine successfull!

New Bootroom info:
moonshine S-OFF
K2_U PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-HTC__102
HBOOT-2.00.4444
RADIO-1.15.40A.00.04
OpenDSP-v9.2.0268.1214
eMMC-boot
Mar 19 2013,02:51:54:-1

Next, SuperCID...

%edit 2:
SuperCID OK, bootloader says CID-11111111
Next, downgrading HBOOT.

%edit 3:
Done downgrading HBOOT version 1.01.
Next, running the ICS RUU exe

%edit 4:
Done.
Can I upgrade to 4.2 now?

%edit 5:
I have 4.2.2 now :D
Thanks, splatterhand!!!!

Last edited:

old.splatterhand

Recognized Contributor
Nov 4, 2010
Saturn III
HTC One (M8)
Android Wear
I have 4.2.2 now :D
Thanks, splatterhand!!!!

Nice :D
Now look into your bootloader: If it is ***LOCKED*** and you don't see "Tampered" and the system is completely stock (no root or Superuser or something) you can set your device S-On again.
But at least there is no need for atm. If you get in trouble, S-off is the better way if it needs to be rescued.

Last edited:

fbpw131

May 19, 2014
Brasov
Now look into your bootloader: If it is ***LOCKED*** and you don't see "Tampered" and the system is completely stock (no root or Superuser or something) you can set your device S-On again.
But at least there is no need for atm. If you get in trouble, S-off is the better way if it needs to be rescued.

It was locked, no tampered flag!
I unlocked it, TWRP 2.7.x recovery and rooted. I'm gonna leave it S-OFF and create a backup (nandroid), afterwards, removing useless stock apps like chrome, google music player, finances, stocks, etc

Reactions: old.splatterhand

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, i don't describe this way everyday (or second day) again and again...
    In short sentence: get S-off with moonshine.io, get supercid with fastboot command and then follow my guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2386426
    About the technical questions (what is S-off or fastboot) you will find your answer, if you make search on xda or google.
    Did you flash boot.img in fastboot mode?
    Yes, you can. But first get S-off. Then the next step.

It was locked, no tampered flag!
    I unlocked it, TWRP 2.7.x recovery and rooted. I'm gonna leave it S-OFF and create a backup (nandroid), afterwards, removing useless stock apps like chrome, google music player, finances, stocks, etc