[Recovery] OUDHS CWM Recovery GT-I9152 1.0.3.6

Search This thread

sitifire

Apr 4, 2013
Tanjungpandan
Thanks

Thanks Shabby.great works. did u add root feature on it? cause when i try to "reboot now" there's a root option before my device reboot. so i choosed to root & yes...my device got rooted without superuser/superSU apk on app drawer.

sorry for my bad English...

artnada

May 27, 2012
Gloucestershire
oudhs-screen-shot.png
Thanks you for this. My recovery only shows as the left "grey" one, how do I change it to be the coloured (rainbow mode) one as in image on right?

artnada

May 27, 2012
Gloucestershire
If it's anything like regular cm and twrp go to advanced and there is probely a setting somewhere but kinda curious why someone would want colored recovery like its just a recovery lol

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks. Already looked for an option and one doesn't appear anywhere. Also, the grey one is harder to see for me. eyes

VshnuP

May 29, 2014
I have 2 doubts. ..... Please clear it. .....

1) I have SGMega 5.8 with 4.2.2 JB in original factory condition. Before flashing this cwm should I unlock bootloader seperately or can I Flash cwm directly from factory state?

2) If I got KitKat update can we flash cwm using the same method (from factory state) ?

allenjthomsen

Nov 17, 2010
Tacoma, WA
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Nothing Phone 2
Thanks. Already looked for an option and one doesn't appear anywhere. Also, the grey one is harder to see for me. eyes
I am currently working on getting philz and regular cem my first time using ubuntu to build cwm and philz recovery hopefully soon there is twrp for now though under original android dev or under android development

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010

Keep hitting volume up or down, youll figure it out eventually ;)

I have 2 doubts. ..... Please clear it. .....

1) I have SGMega 5.8 with 4.2.2 JB in original factory condition. Before flashing this cwm should I unlock bootloader seperately or can I Flash cwm directly from factory state?

2) If I got KitKat update can we flash cwm using the same method (from factory state) ?

1)your boot loader is unlocked, just flash.

2) yes

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: konker22

afraaa

Aug 31, 2011
Isfahan
hello i have quesion ...

since there is no root for i9150 .. cant we use it on one simcard one ?

if no is there any good way .

AndreVIl

Feb 21, 2016
Help

I know I'm a bit late, but i have a GT-i9152 that i got from a pawn shop... I'd very much like to root it but i am entirely new to the process, so can someone please give me the most dumbed-down version of rooting possible. I used odin to root my phone, it supposedly worked, but everything looks the same? so.. what do i do? i tried going into cwm mode by pressing the buttons, and i got a very unfortunate-looking screen. i know this thread is old, but im hoping its creator will answer me, since it would seem as though he has the know-how to help a poor shmuck like me. please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Shabbypenguin and the OUDHS
    presents to you

OUDHS Touch CWM-based Recovery 1.0.3.6
    for your Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 (GT-9152)

Read this whole post before doing anything :)

Enjoy

ODIN tar - OUDHS CWM-based Recovery 1.0.3.6
    Odin 3.04

Directions:

1) Download the above files
    2) Extract Odin3-3.04.zip and copy the tar that you downloaded into the folder
    3) Run Odin as an administrator
    4) Power your device off
    5) Enter download mode
    6a) Connect your phone to your computer
    6b) Wait for drivers to finish installing if they need to be
    7) You should see Odin find your device by marking a blue square in the ID COM box
    8) Click on PDA and choose the recovery tar you downloaded
    9) Disable auto-reboot
    10) When it says finished you need to pull the battery out
    11) You need to unplug it and enter recovery
    12) Once you have booted into recovery it will handle the script that installs stock recovery if its present at /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Congrats you now have CWM now if you wish to root youll need to follow these instructions :)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Superuser-1.0.1.1.zip

Directions:

1) Download the above file
    2) Connect your phone and copy them to your phone
    3) Once they are copied power down your device
    4) Hold volume up and power to enter recovery
    5) Navigate recovery by using the volume keys and power to select
    6) Choose install zip from sdcard, then pick internal or external (where you copied it to)
    7) Scroll down to the Superuser.zip and select it to install

Congrats you are rooted! this procedure will work on any firmware update you guys get :)

Credits:
    Members of the Official Unloved Devices Hit Squad (OUDHS) for being the best we can for those whom need us
    @oldmanhp for testing.
    @tim_dnepr for testing and joining IRC :)
    Links are down but found a mirror with Google. Maybe someone needs it:
    Google Drive Mirror
    Odin3 v3.04 can also be found with Google.
    the recovery is in .img format
    n odin detects .tar ..md5 etc but not detecting .img
    so now wat to do...

stop extracting the image file.

i submitted my device tree to have CWM made officially, dees_troy has made a test build of twrp and should have that done official in a few days. that means you can flash CWM via rom manager, twrp via goo manager. and enjoy all 3 kinds of recovery :)
    There is nothing called "never" in the android world. Just needs the correct knowledge

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Tapatalk 4