As I promised before, I am releasing now PhoeniX ROM V9.0 based on official KitKat 4.4.2 XXUGNF1.
I have worked on that alot, invested alot of my free time, so I hope you will like it.
HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE thanks to @_alex74_ for staying me all nights for tests and helped me alot!
Make sure you follow all steps & read all notes!!!
let's begin with the base bugs:
Installation Instructions for v9:
- Make sure you have CWM Recovery or Philz Recovery or TWRP(Still experimental, you may try)
- Be Careful! If you make Super Wipe/ Full WIpe in Philz, you will get error in flashing! You will have to re-flash recovery via Odin.
- Flash v9.
- Select FULL WIPE IN AROMA!
- Choose your mods, etc.
- Make the first setup.
If you don't have WiFi/3G/Signal Lost when screen is off upgrade to the latest KitKat Modem.
Several important notes:
Since this rom is using custom kernel, there is no need to update to KitKat bootloader. If you are on KitKat bootloader it is ok. If you are on 4.3 bootloader it means you can downgrade back to 4.3 after using this rom. The best is to be on KitKat bootloader to prevent any future problems.
- Aroma includes the new EXT2InternalSD script. There are some changes that you must understand:
First of, thank you @mattiadj for awesome script.
You won't see in settings now Device Storage for example 64 GB, you will see 16GB and under SD card category you will see your SD card storage.
So, how can I check that the script works?
With a file explorer with root ability go into /sdcard. Check If in this location you can see your files of your EXTERNAL SD card and check if you can see in /sdcard/internal_sd/0 the content of INTERNAL sd.
After every reboot, give the system 2 minutes to be stable, then the script will start work.
In the folder storage/extSdCard/ you will see nothing.
When connecting the Phone to PC, you can access your EXT SD card in Phone, and to your internal SD card: Phone/internal_sd/0
Read everything about the script here:
Use this script only if you have external sd with 16/32/64 GB and you wish to use it as the internal SD.
- This is important. 4.4.2 Android system got a better "butter project" and it is hell smooth. In my installation I didn't choose even one tweak. There is no need. There are several tweaks that already inside the rom. But if you really want to flash more tweaks, be careful because it might make your system slow. I have deleted some tweaks that can cause for lags.
- Use V9 wisely. I mean, when selecting Apps/tweaks, don't try to "test" the rom. becuase choosing all option is not the best for you. Choose only what you need.
- To enable multiwindow manager, go into PhoeniX Extra -> Xposed Installer. Install Xposed. go to Modules tab and select MultiWindow.
If you try to activate MultiWindow from the app itself, it will ask you to install xposed and when you click there(in the MW app) you will get FC. So follow the steps above.
- If you want to experience the best WaterColor effect, put picture that has many color, like the note 3 pictures(Already in the ROM)
For example, here is a picture from my device:
- Download booster may not work on your career - It works only with LTE and Wifi and only for files that weight more than 30MB.
- UPSM IS FULLY WORKING! It will have different battery result from s5 because you don't have s5 battery or s5 hardware. Some proofs:
- Adding more apps to UPSM will cause to higher battery draining because UPSM disables all apps and modules, and once you add more apps, it has to keep more app "alive" and it will consume more battery.
- After disabling Ultra Power saving mod you will see a message form Xposed(If you use it... if not then ignore this note) : The module has not activated. Just reboot and it will disappear. It happnes in S5 too, not a bug.
You must read it and understand before flashing V9.
I have workedalot and waisted tons of my time to make your the best ROM in the market, if you appreciate my work please click on the Thanks button and show me your love And if you like very much my work, please consider a donation.
Download links soon.
New in v9.0:
- Rebuilt rom for 0! Rebased on the latest Official android 4.4.2 version XXUGNF1 (build date: 05/06/2014)
- Stock Repacked kernel v2.52 NF1 is default in the ROM. thanks to talexop his thread
- New PhoeniX First Setup at first boot.
- This ROM is 200% Knox Free - You can say "Cya Knox!"
- Updated all Note 3 apps from NB7 base
- All Good Note 3 Features from v8 are here!
- Added PullUp To Launcher
- Added 31 Toggles Mode with 4 special toggles:
- Flashlight - 1 press turns it on, long press flashlight settings
- Battery status - 1 press battery status , long press battery information
- PhoeniX - 1 Press/Long press open PhoeniX Settings
- Take Picture - Called "Shoot-it" by @dr.ketan. Single press takes picture without shooting sound (3-4 sec) long prees takes picture with shooting sound(3-4 sec) - also avilable as an icon in app drawer, so 1 press on app called Shoot it takes picture without shoooting sound, 1 press on app called Shoot it SF takes picture with shooting sound and flash.
- New & Unique to this ROM only, 8 Lockscreen effects!:
- None (AOSP style)
- Modded Ripple Effect:
* No cloudy overlay - Thanks to @Goldie
* Improved ripple effect - Thanks to @Goldie
* Ink effect with the finger
- Light effect
- Particle Effect
- Water Color
- Mass Tension
- Ripple Tension
- Stone Skipping
- Ported alot of S5 Features - Unique to PhoeniX Only!!:
- S5 Ultra Power Saving Mode
- S5 Settings
- S5 Status bar without the anoying Quick Connect & Sfinder buttons. Added SFinder icon next to Time & Date
- S5 Lockscreen
- S5 Phone & Contacts
- S5 Gallery
- S5 SBrowser
- S5 Hacked app:
* Folder View Option
* No SMS to MMS conversion for messages
* No SMS to MMS conversion for emojis
* Enabled Group Messaging
* Show Real Sending time instead of time received
* Increased the SMS hour limit to 1000
* Increased the Max MMS size to 2048000 bytes
* Increased the MMS Image size to 4096x2048 [8.4MP]
* Enabled Scheduled Messaging
* Unlimited SMS Recipient limit
* Backup/Restore SMS Option
* Split view option
* Change text size using volume keys option
* Screen On/Off for notification alerts option
* and more!!
- S5 Toolbox with 12 apps option!
- S5 Emergency Mode
- S5 Baby Monitor
- S5 Air Wake Up
- S5 Quick Connection
- S5 Download Booster
- S5 SFinder
- S5 My Magazine
- S5 SMemo
- S5 Activity Zone
- S5 Kids Mode
- S5 S Voice
- S5 Car Mode
- S5 Music Player (Thanks Albe95)
- S5 Video Player (Thanks Albe95)
- S5 SPlanner
- S5 Keyboard
- S5 SHelth
- And Much Much More!
- New OG Battery Mod with over 100 batteries!
- Added App Ops in Settings
- Improved UPSM Launcher with 3X3 Grid!
- Permanently removed SysScope from system and forced System Status to show "Official"
- Added Ultra Power Saving Mode Apps Manager - thank you @xperiacle
- Improved UPSM Code in order to prevent FCs, bootloops, etc.
- Added CatLog in PhoeniX Extra
- All Goods from V8 is still in v9!
- Readers Hub
- Bye Bye Knox
- Samsung Hubs
- All bugs from v8
- Aroma Colors and Splash Screen
- 74 CSCs. CSC Version: I9505OXAGNF1. How to change CSC?
First, install Stock Android Recovery
Second, select your CSC and install.
Third, Install PhilZ/CWM recovery
- Updated busybox to the latest version
- Updated Apps to their latest version:
- ES File explorer
- Adobe Flash Player
- GMS Core
- Play Store
- SPPush client
- Samsung apps
- Samsung IAP
- Voice Search
- Superuser to 2.01
- Wanam Xposed
- App Settings
- Update Samsung Link
- And more
To get a good battery performance, you have to make Battery Calibration. To make that, search Battery Calibration at Play Store.
Use PhoeniX Kitchen to get extra items easily!
Play store link:
Wait till I update the mods in the kitchen, using v7 mods on v9 100% will cause for bootloops.
And more that i must have forgotten
New in Aroma:
- All Aroma Mods are available to install
- Removed Systemui options
- Updated Stock Android Kitkat Camera 4.4.2 from Nexus 5
- Added S5 Keyboard Color Option:
- New Launchers:
- Stock 4X4 Without Wallpaper Scrolling
- Stock 4X4 With Wallpaper Scrolling
- TouchWiz Launcher tamirda's Mod - it gives you wallpaper scrolling, 6 apps in the Touchwiz Dock(where is the Apps Menu Icon - you can have 5 apps shortcuts+app menu icon), 5X6 Apps Grid, And extended folder view
- TouchWiz Launcher tamirda's Mod 2 - it gives you wallpaper scrolling, 6 apps in the Touchwiz Dock(where is the Apps Menu Icon - you can have 5 apps shortcuts+app menu icon), 4X4 Apps Grid, And extended folder view
- Other things I don't remember
Good luck to all of us!