[ROM][4.4.2][LG G3 Port][6-29-2014]2FacedRom 1.6/1.7.1x Stock, Debloated, US GSM Unlocked

Do you use 2Faced as a Daily Driver?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Chaosmaker2k

Dec 17, 2010
Ocala
Do you have any recommendations for alternatives to hangouts ? Also wondering as a sprint customer (btw anyone wants to get framily going or need a person pm me), could I flash this rom for cdma, flash autoboot, pay for a month of tmobile or straight-talk, flash 2faced gsm version and then compare/use both synchronicity style ?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm using one called hello free and easy

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

gattiman12

Feb 16, 2014
Idk why but the stock messaging app works perfect for me.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

gattiman12

Feb 16, 2014
Dont know how to (noob here),pm me instructions and I'll be glad to

Oh and also, I don't mean to stir up trouble but you guys might wanna look at what cloudy said on his post right now. :(

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

DJ_Mikey24

Jan 17, 2010
San Francisco
LG Security Warning

I just need some help on trying to get around the LG Security bootloop. After flashing this 2FacedRom 1.6 for my LS980 I get the white lines problem. So I go to Cloudy's modified kernels for jdi and flash the one for my LS980. However, after flashing that modified kernel through custom recovery, my phone boots up to the LG Security Error screen and then powers off.

I used Novembre5's Tmobile Debloated rom and I also faced the same white lines problem but after flashing Cloudy's modified kernel it boots up and works perfectly fine so it seems like I only face this LG Security Error screen when I use the white lines kernel fix for G3 ported roms.

I tried flashing these files using TWRP 2.7.1 AND Philz CWM 6.41.6 recovery. I also tried manually installing the modded kernels using Root Explorer which ended up soft bricking my phone. Another method I tried using was flashify to flash the modded kernel with no luck. I even rezipped this rom with the modded kernel or boot.img but the LG Security Error came up once again.

Sorry for the long story but I figured it would be important to help figure out what I may be doing wrong. Thanks everyone!

T

TechGirl90

I just need some help on trying to get around the LG Security bootloop. After flashing this 2FacedRom 1.6 for my LS980 I get the white lines problem. So I go to Cloudy's modified kernels for jdi and flash the one for my LS980. However, after flashing that modified kernel through custom recovery, my phone boots up to the LG Security Error screen and then powers off.

I used Novembre5's Tmobile Debloated rom and I also faced the same white lines problem but after flashing Cloudy's modified kernel it boots up and works perfectly fine so it seems like I only face this LG Security Error screen when I use the white lines kernel fix for G3 ported roms.

I tried flashing these files using TWRP 2.7.1 AND Philz CWM 6.41.6 recovery. I also tried manually installing the modded kernels using Root Explorer which ended up soft bricking my phone. Another method I tried using was flashify to flash the modded kernel with no luck. I even rezipped this rom with the modded kernel or boot.img but the LG Security Error came up once again.

Sorry for the long story but I figured it would be important to help figure out what I may be doing wrong. Thanks everyone!
Greetings, here's what I did, I booted my phone into download mode by pressing and holding the volume up button, and quickly plugging the usb cable into my phone(make sure it's connected to the computer), wait until the device is charged at 100%(you will know it's fully charged when you see something like this "B100", turn off your phone and hold the power button and volume down button at the same time until you see the LG Logo, once you've seen the LG Logo, QUICKLY press and hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time adain, and you should boot into recovery mode.[emoji4] If you made a backup of your previous Rom, you can now restore it.

Sent from my G3tized LS980 using Tapatalk

rogconnect

Dec 16, 2010
Sin City

Did you try Dorimanx 5.7 which have the auto panel detection?

Sent by my LG-G2 LS-980 CloudyG3 on TMO 4G

DJ_Mikey24

Jan 17, 2010
San Francisco
Greetings, here's what I did, I booted my phone into download mode by pressing and holding the volume up button, and quickly plugging the usb cable into my phone(make sure it's connected to the computer), wait until the device is charged at 100%(you will know it's fully charged when you see something like this "B100", turn off your phone and hold the power button and volume down button at the same time until you see the LG Logo, once you've seen the LG Logo, QUICKLY press and hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time adain, and you should boot into recovery mode.[emoji4] If you made a backup of your previous Rom, you can now restore it.

Sent from my G3tized LS980 using Tapatalk

Thanks TechGirl20, I don't have any issue saving my phone by flashing a stock tot file. I just need tips on how I can get a G3 custom rom to boot up with Cloudy's modified kernel to fix the white lines issue on my phone. I really appreciate your input though!

Artifesto

Nov 7, 2010
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Thanks TechGirl20, I don't have any issue saving my phone by flashing a stock tot file. I just need tips on how I can get a G3 custom rom to boot up with Cloudy's modified kernel to fix the white lines issue on my phone. I really appreciate your input though!

Don't use Cloudy's kernel for that, you're much better off with Dorimanx kernel. here his kernel is proven to work without issue and fix that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][4.4.2][LG G3 Port][6-29-2014]2FacedRom 1.6/1.7.1x Stock, Debloated, US GSM Unlocked

Please read everything before downloading and blindly installing!

Firstly, this ROM does install properly, it does boot, if you brick your phone while running this ROM chances are it was something YOU did and not the ROM, do not blame me. Secondly, I will keep this as up to date and fix things or add things as often as I can there is a Requested Features tab at the top and if you want something you need to say it there. There is also a Report Bugs tab at the top, same applies. I am the only person maintaining this project right now and I cannot read every post in this thread but I will do my best to stay on top of everything.

The rom is a port from the UK LG G3 but options for GSM or CDMA capabilities are select-able in Aroma. NFC does not work currently and may not work until the LS990 is released and dumped.

The CDMA configurations is still buggy and I am working on fixing it, update 1.7 will see a lot of fixes to the CDMA configuration. The phone app crashes when trying to call out but the phone can receive calls when CDMA is selected on install. Thats the biggest problem I've found so far.

v1.6
    Changlog in 3rd post

Moderator Edit: Link Removed
    MD5: 8920b27fd59e08bae905d27266605d79
    Working:
    • Pretty much everything except what is listed below

Not Working:
    • NFC (Both CDMA and GSM)
    • Calling Out (CDMA Only)
    • Settings FC on some menus (CDMA Only)

1.7.1 Experimental!
    CDMA ONLY

• For SMS/MMS use Hangouts!
    • Data does work but you cannot Enable/Disable it in settings or change network settings.
    • The phone will show "Roaming" but it won't actually be roaming.
    • Since this is experimental and for CDMA ONLY, only install with a clean flash.
    • Do not install if you are on a GSM network, for GSM stay with 1.6

To Install if coming from other ROM or 2Faced 1.0
    1. Must be coming from ZVC Rom
    2. Reboot to Recovery and Perform full backup
    3. Wipe Dalvik Cache, System, Data, Cache
    4. Install Rom
    5. Customize in Aroma
    6. Reboot and Enjoy!
    7. PLEASE allow rom to settle for 10-15 minutes then restart before doing anything.

To Install if coming from 1.5x(Dirty Flash is possible):
    1. Make a backup
    2. Install using custom recovery
    3. Select which apps you may want removed in Aroma
    4. Select CDMA or GSM configuration
    5. Rom will format the System partition and install updated version but you will not lose any account data or apps you have installed

IORoot can be found here Here
    AutoRec can be found here Here
    Thank you to @autoprime for IORoot
    Thank you to @Cloudyfa for AutoRec
    Thank you to @Amarullz for Aroma Installer

If you like my work please considering hitting the Thanks button! or maybe donating some RedBull.

XDA:DevDB Information
    2Faced, ROM for the Sprint LG G2

Contributors
    Artifesto
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: ZVC Radio
    Based On: Stock

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.6/1.7.1x
    Stable Release Date: 2014-06-21

Created 2014-06-07
    Last Updated 2014-07-06
    Reserved

7yvyvutu.jpg
    8azedu5y.jpg
    9ubu4uma.jpg
    ryquta3a.jpg
    munesema.jpg
    raqemude.jpg
    satuhevy.jpg
    uzuvymy7.jpg

7upa2uqa.jpg
    asatevym.jpg
    I'd also offer to help, but I'm on a ****ty 3g connection (256k).
    Any big changes on 1.7, or just the CDMA fixes?

CDMA fixes mainly, Some minor tweaking to GSM. I'm not sure many people will notice a difference on GSM carriers. Although everybody should thank my bosses, I'm using a company 4G tablet to upload and they pay the bill, otherwise it would be tomorrow evening before anybody got to test 1.7. I think it's bad to say that I'm expecting tons of issues that I didn't encounter myself but with how it's been going the past couple of days with this port anything seems possible, I'm surprised somebody's phone hasn't tried to take over the world yet with how it seems like one or two people will have a random odd problem that (apparently) a fresh wipe and reinstall won't fix. If people have good results with calling and SMS/MMS + Data then I'll move onto the settings FC's (haven't been touched yet, just a heads up). I've had a few ideas about what to do with the settings app but want to get what gets used every day fixed first (for most people at least). It seems like more than a few people are following this and want to see it work so thank you for that. If so many people weren't interested in this it may not have CDMA functionality and probably would have stayed GSM only from v1.0. So I thank you for that, I never expected this much interest. I expected this to fall by the wayside and just slowly make it's way to the lost pages of XDA.
    I fixed the phone calling out permanently without a dirty flash but i broke data. I'm going to bed for the night and will tackle data in the morning. Once that is fixed SMS/MMS should also work. for the CDMA config
    All the other ports for g3 showed gsm icon and i had data.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    if you look at the first screenshot, there is no GSM icon on my ROM. i can fix the phone tonight its just that it takes 12 hours to upload. my CDMA operates like a Sprint variant Rom(mostly until i broke some things) i rushed to fix and upload the GSM version and will probably build a patch to fix the CDMA version to try to get the users who want CDMA functionality. this Rom was originally intended for GSM only but i just recently added CDMA

Sent using my LS980 running 2Faced 1.6 G3 port