[PORT] [TOOL] Carliv Touch Recovery for MediaTek devices

Search This thread

farhantahir

Mar 14, 2014
Fatehpur
Hello @yuweng I have successfully ported carliv recovery v2.4 for coolpad 7295 (mtk 6589) but touch is not working again as it was also not working on v2.2. Is it device specific as I have tried different pcs for that.

Sent from my Coolpad7295 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

waulliano

Sep 22, 2011
Vinhedo/SP
Guys, can anyone help me?

So guys am with this problem. The recovery in my Blu Studio 5.0E mtk6572 is upside down. Anyone know how to fix this problem? I appreciate all your help. Thank you! :good:

Attachments

• 20140621_172232.jpg
    20140621_172232.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 284
  • 20140621_084334.jpg
    20140621_084334.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 257

bobo9900

Dec 27, 2009
@yuweng , can you modify this tool to create recovery without the need to connect the device? is it possible?
I try mtkdroidtool, it was able to create cwm with boot.img and recovery.img from stock rom. It will easier for us to create custom recovery without owning the device. Thanks.

Kalpesh Sharma

Nov 11, 2013
Jaipur
TWRP

@yuweng I have MT6582 Device with 480x854 resolution...
And I want to port TWRP 2.7.0.1...
Can u plz make a tool to port twrp or plz tell me
how to port twrp 2.7.0.1 to my device manually ?

ptrVoid

Feb 26, 2014
Fyi, it has to be compile with this flag & it takes 40 minutes to compile one for each resolutions on cm10.1, total 15 res multiple by ubifs multiple by custpack multiple by ext4 multiple by new lun path for latest MTK equivalent to . . .

40min x 15res x 3 type of filesystems(ubifs, custpack, ext4) x 2 lun path 3600 minutes ! 60 hours ! 2.5 days ! x 2 (normal & if add Flip screen) 5 days non stop !
I asked because in the older version CTR v2.2 there was an option to flip screen and this worked for the Jiayu F1, but now the new version doesn't have an option.
Also, is there any tutorial for including the flag and building from source? I would like to try.

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Why there is a sudden surge of annoying n00bs & newbies at the development thread . . .
ids_emoticon_wilted_zps9728bd64.gif

Guys, please brush up your knowledge first as most of your questions are already answered . . . :rolleyes:
I have MT6582 Device with 480x854 resolution...
Can u plz make a tool to port twrp or plz tell me how to port twrp 2.7.0.1 to my device manually ?
I have MT6582 Device with 480x854 resolution...
Can u plz make a tool to port twrp or plz tell me
how to port twrp 2.7.0.1 to my device manually ?
i've just answered here & you ask twice & in spite of mohan telling you, you are at the wrong thread asking for TWRP, this is the CTR thread . . .:rolleyes:

Use the search & learn from Master Shifu Carliv, he has spent alot of time preparing it . . .

touch is not working again . . .
Again, already mentioned here <- CLICK TO SHOW CONTENT & you ask again . . .
ids_emoticon_wilted_zps9728bd64.gif
Fyi, many MTK device Touch is not working while at recovery . . .

my Blu Studio 5.0E mtk6572 is upside down
Mentioned at the OP to read at least 5 pages from the back to know the latest news, again just mentioned here . . .

It will easier for us to create custom recovery without owning the device.
Why would anyone wanna create custom recovery for device they don't owned . . . Any users can just download the porting tool & DIY . . .

Fyi, its not so simple as you think, the porting tool uses adb to identify what you have on your device either ubifs, ext4, mtd, custpack detect what resolutions on your device & much much more . . .

What you need is learn is how to manual port, refer to here . . .
Also, is there any tutorial for including the flag and building from source? I would like to try.
Refer to here & here & here . . . :cool:

hadiyalkishan

Aug 26, 2011
gujarat
Hello sir, I have a mtk 6589t xolo q3000 with 4.4.2 kitkat os.
My stock recovery.imgs size is 6Mb and my stock boot.imgs size is also 6mb.
Is it possible to port ctr 2.4 in my device ?
Will my mobile support your recovery ?

Sent from my Q3000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yao85930101

Jul 24, 2012
QuanZhou
Carliv been updated Carliv Touch Recovery v2.5 hope @yuweng brothers look to follow up thank you very much

Version 2.5 update (29.06.2014):
- cleaned up the source code
- removed "wipe all" option from wipe menu (too many users wiped their system and blamed me); if you need to wipe system, use "format system" from "mounts/storage"
- rearanged menu order in root menu to restore CWM order
- added a "nvram backup/restore" menu in "carliv" section: the nvram partition will be backed up in clockworkmod/backup folder as nvram.img. This will help if you lose IMEI and other communication features. It will work only if you have the nvram partition of size 0x500000 (check your scatter) and if you have the nvram defined as /dev/nvram path in recovery.fstab. If the nvram partition is damaged (as in flashing an oversized recovery) this will not help you, and you need SPFlashTools to reflash with format your phone official firmware, and after that flash this recovery, boot in recovery and restore nvram.
- some other small changes.

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Guys, i can't keep up with all the different porting tools i've made, pls DIY if you want CTRv2.5. . .

The porting tool has everything & already given you all the info you need . . .

Step 1
  • If yours is emmc/ mtd refer to here & download your device res
  • If yours is custpack refer to here & download your device res
  • If yours is ubifs refer to here & download your device res

Step 2
  1. Use the Unpack/ Repack recovery.img -> Unpack recovery.img, copy downloaded CTRv2.5 Eg: port_CarlivTouch-recovery-2_5-480x854.img & rename it to recovery.img & press OK
  2. Goto CTRv2.4\UnpackRepack\recovery\rmdisk & copy whole res folder out
  3. Goto CTRv2.4\UnpackRepack\recovery\rmdisk\sbin & copy the binary file named recovery out

Step 3
  1. Use the Unpack/ Repack recovery.img -> Unpack recovery.img again to unpack the earlier working CTRv2.4 recovery.img for your device
  2. Delete res folder & replace it with res from CTRv2.5
  3. Replace recovery from CTRv2.5 to sbin
  4. Manual edit CTRv2.4\UnpackRepack\recovery\rmdisk\etc\recovery.fstab with Notepad++ & add the below accordingly
    Code:
    /boot        emmc    /dev/bootimg
    /recovery    emmc    /dev/recovery
    /uboot       emmc    /dev/uboot
    /nvram       [COLOR="red"]emmc[/COLOR]    /dev/nvram[COLOR="Red"] <- Add this new line[/COLOR]

[B][COLOR="Blue"]OR[/COLOR][/B]

/nvram       [COLOR="Red"]mtd[/COLOR]      nvram
  5. Use the Repack recovery.img & let it auto-install the new CTRv2.5 to your device, thats it !

Last edited:

AndroTech

Sep 30, 2007
Guys, i can't keep up with all the different porting tools i've made, pls DIY if you want CTRv2.5. . .

Step 1

Step 2
  1. Use the Unpack/ Repack recovery.img -> Unpack recovery.img, copy downloaded CTRv2.5 Eg: port_CarlivTouch-recovery-2_5-480x854.img & rename it to recovery.img & press OK
  3. Goto CTRv2.4\UnpackRepack\recovery\rmdisk\sbin & copy the binary file named recovery out

Step 3
  1. Use the Unpack/ Repack recovery.img -> Unpack recovery.img again to unpack the earlier working CTRv2.4 recovery.img for your device
  4. Manual edit CTRv2.4\UnpackRepack\recovery\etc\recovery.fstab with Notepad++ & add the below accordingly
    Code:
    /nvram       [COLOR="red"]emmc[/COLOR]    /dev/nvram[COLOR="Red"] <- Add this new line[/COLOR]

5. Use the Repack recovery.img & let it auto-install the new CTRv2.5 to your device, thats it !

Followed the steps but the created recovery didn't work.

iZLeeP

Jan 23, 2014
Manila

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3
  4. Manual edit CTRv2.4\UnpackRepack\recovery\etc\recovery.fstab with Notepad++ & add the below accordingly
    Code:

Thanks for another way of manually updating carliv recovery. However, in my case, I do it the other way around. I just copy the necessary files from my working CTRv2.4 to CTRv2.5 (e.g., recovery.fstab, default.prop, ueventd.rc, kernel image, etc.) and repack the latter.

Reactions: m0han and yuweng

CODE_WORKX

Aug 31, 2013
Ahmedabad

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3
    Code:

Master recovery was successfully created and also it was flashed perfectly
The Recovery booted and also everything was fine...

Just a thing that when flashing something the updater script lines are exceeding the resolution which was not before
other than its perfect :good::D

Reactions: yuweng

Exaxoid

Sep 17, 2011
upside down

I bought a like the samsung galaxy sg5 mtk6572 and installed recovery image but it boots upside down can someone help me please

vfan3388

Nov 28, 2008
MTK 6595 device

Hi I just bought a mobile name Q1, it is MTK6592+MTK6595 .It does not work on your pool tool. just fyi, still working on install recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Old Tool
    Added on Mar 05, 2014
    Updated CTR v2.2 for MTK devices with ubifs ONLY
    And Thanks to dhinesh77 for countless beta-testing & most importantly, Master Shifu carliv for looking into those ubifs source code to make it work on MTK devices....
    salute_zps09342dc6.gif

Download link here...

Solution to cannot see whole sdcard is here by Master Shifu himself, it is actually a new feature/ function... :laugh:
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Added on Jan 27, 2014
    Updated CTR v2.2 Recovery for MT6575,15, 77, 17, 89, 82, 88, 92
    MT6572 (ext4 only, ubifs not supported)

Pls support by donation or at least drop your thanks here to encourage Master Shifu for further development...
    rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

Download link here

Added on June 02, 2014
    New Porting Tool CTRv-1.4 for ext4 devices ONLY. . .

Known problems : Touch not working on some MTK devices . . . :cowboy:

Any bugs report here . . . :cool:
    Added on June 10, 2014
    New AIO Porting Tool Easy Magic CTR v2.4 Installer for MTK for ALL MTK Cortex-A9/ A7 devices ONLY with either mtd, emmc, ubifs or custpack partition . . . :cowboy:

Any bugs report here . . . :cool:

Updates
    Thanks to surfturtle for reporting . . . :eek:

Workaround : Use Manual mode & select 720x1024 that is the screen res for 720x1280 . . .

This is an AIO porting tool so go ahead & try the differrent res at Manual mode, the unpack/ repack feature, play around with it & you'll learn what is needed for porting custom recoveries . . . :cool:
    Added on June 17, 2014
    Users using XP & 720x1280 MTK devices use this fix . . . :eek:
    Added on July 01, 2014
    CTRv2.5 refer to here . . . :cowboy:
    Notice to annoying n00bs & newbies

Most of your questions are already answered on this thread so pls read it...
    alamak_zps2e31ed77.gif

1) Either your MTK is still ro.secure=1 then use this method here then EXIT/ CLOSE it first then re-start the porting tool...

2) i've already put in alot of error checking to make sure this porting tool works, either the Auto or Manual port, it will leave behind Ported-CTR folder then manually install it via SPFT when it fail to auto install.... Most probably why it fail to install is b'cos you use SuperSu did you bother to look at your MTK device & grant access to Root Shell... There has been cases where the stock recovery is already corrupted then this tool will also port a corrupted CTR too. Re-install your stock 3e recovery.img & make sure you can boot into it then only use the porting tool again or just use the manual port... The differences is Auto will upload whatever recovery already at your device be it older CWM or TWRP & it will repack it with CTR ramdisk. While Manual will use whatever at your stock 3e -> factory_init.project.rc, meta_init.modem.rc, ueventd.rc & etc... Refer to this by Master Shifu carliv... :good: This tool has no log b'cos it is actually a simple copy & paste program, thats what it actually do.... :laugh:

3) Pls bear in mind that this porting tool has been downloaded by many & confirmed working BUT i can't guarantee that it will work flawlessly on your MTK device so continue trying & report back the solution if you found one... :cowboy:

4) This has been mentioned many times on this thread, if you really can't get it to work then don't just say your porting tool doesn't work...
    alamak_zps2e31ed77.gif

Instead list out everything then it'll be easier to trouble-shoot
    a) What OS you are using on the PC & your MTK...
    b) Did you disable UAC & Anti-Virus on your PC
    c) Did you execute the porting tool at C:\ drive if you're using XP else then at your Desktop READ what the porting tool says & it will ask you to wait then wait for it to continue without pressing the OK button...

As said many times, this porting tool uses Russian Master Shifu Michfood Repack Utils Huge Credits to him, it is actually DOS program with cygwin dll working at the back so all DOS limitation still applies such as it will ONLY operate properly when it is executed at the Desktop on latest OS... Tested working on XP to 8.1

As much info as possible then it'll be easy to identify where it goes wrong & did you bother to read 5 to 10 pages from the back then you would have know what is the latest story... :rolleyes:

Last but not least, i didn't compile CTR so any features not working / bugs found pls report it here BUT again, read the whole thread first as most already answered at that thread...

Q&A

1) Touch not working, refer to here...
    2) MTK Alcatel devices refer to here & here... Supported on CTRv2.4
    3) All MTK devices supported except this...
    4) Inverted screen solutions -> Compile your own
    5) CTRv2.5

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3
    4. Manual edit CTRv2.4\UnpackRepack\recovery\rmdisk\etc\recovery.fstab with Notepad++ & add the below accordingly
      Code:

Yo, Bala bro, been quite busy with work, until now only manage to finish this tut... :eek:

Yeah, i was thinking about that too, to mod dsixda's android kitchen just for MT6573 platform that includes Bruno Martins's unpack/ repack boot.img, unpack/ repack recovery & port it to CWMR like this tut, replace a2sd with data2ext or ad2sdx; only this two mod stable on MT6573 platform so far that i have tested...

actually did try but give up half way as my scripting skill is still at novice level... :eek:

did read it on some other forum that someone is actually doing that too but i never see it got release though...:p

Well i guess we need dsixda expertise to be able to do that but he is retired now...
    ids_emoticon_wilted.gif

Added on Sept 04, 2012 Info Update
    Dark Tremor's a2sd/ Apps2sd works well on MT6573 platform after all... :eek:

i was using the last version 2.7.5.3 Beta 04 all this while & i always use a2sd datasd all the time & it FC all apps after a few weeks of using/ sometimes a few days even after a fresh install...

After all, DT_a2sd/ apps2sd is actually apps to sd & i always push it as data2sd... :eek:

Only until recently that i play with Android Kitchen, use it to extract my system.img & update it with its built-in Darktremor Apps2SD version 2.7.5.2, it works extremely well because 2.7.5.2 doesn't support a2sd datasd feature...

So guys, if you are using DT_a2sd beta 4, don't use the command a2sd data2sd instead use a2sd cachesd...

You can checkout my other post here
    Okay, here's CWM recovery v6.0.2.8 (ramdisk only) for anyone that wants to port it to MT65xx based devices. Please note that this ramdisk contains my Huawei U8836D specific files and properties, but it should at least be portable for the majority of MT6577 phones out there. Important note is that init.usb.rc (only needed for MT6577 devices) is device specific and while porting the original must be taken from stock boot.img.

Other than that, nandroid backup is fully working for devices with eMMC partitions, unlike other recoveries that get stuck while backing up boot partition.

Happy porting (and don't forget to hit "Thanks" button)! :D
    hello y2yu,

Glad you find it informative... :D

According to this site, there will be another 2 new cpu after MT6575/ MT6577... (use google chrome for translation)

This means MT6573 is 5 generation behind MT6588 & it is still unexploit with all info/ tools scattered all over the web...

Thats where i decided to compile all these info & put it here... :good:

Now that i check, i've bought my first mediatek back in 2008...( never knew it until i check it just now ) :silly: It has serve me well for almost 2 years in spite of dropping, a few times from 8 feet height when i was on a ladder & it still works ! It was the last drop that spoilt the mic & render it unuseful. It can still make & receive call to date but the other side can't hear what i say... :eek:

At that time, made in china phone was famous for its extra loud speaker/ ringtone but doesn't support android back then...

haha, enough of history, have you manage to port CWMR to your MT6573 ? In fact, i have manage to create a plugin for dsixda's Android Kitchen which can port CWMR to any MT6573 with a few copy & paste features just like Android Kitchen... :good:

Still testing it, may be you would like to be the first beta tester... :confused: