[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

Search This thread

Stuart Little

Aug 12, 2013
Utrecht
www.mailtown.tk
@Danny_R I feel the same way. That's why I'm only interested in "competitively" priced flagships.
Battery powerhouses
And here's to hoping that Project Ara will have 3000+ mAh battery phonebloks for battery heavy usage times.
@DanielBink and @diabisin I hope you guys win the G3 if you guys entered :fingers-crossed:
@bluemorph :highfive:
I will wait on official release and then i wanna buy it :)
In my country is it just 600 EURO not 1000 EURO like in other countries.
And in the give away are they giving a Korean version away :(

K

knightowl439

Location, Location, Location

I will wait on official release and then i wanna buy it :)
In my country is it just 600 EURO not 1000 EURO like in other countries.
And in the give away are they giving a Korean version away :(

I don't know if there would be any significant differences.
Don't quote me on this, but I think it would only be set to Korean as default language.
Orders ship here on 2014-07-15, not quite sure when it would be worldwide.

Generally, I'd like to stick around 500 USD (~370 Euro) because if I drop it replacing it wouldn't be quite a toll.

A

android.guru85

Phone

It really depends on the type of phone you want. All phones are different in their own ways. For me I make sure to get a phone that is rootable, and flashable. I love using custom roms over the stock roms mainly because I can get the pure android experience with some tweeks. Right Now I am currently using Verizon LG G2, and after my two years up I am still undecided. I like the look of the M8, but also the LG G3. So like I said before it's all what you want.

bramaboy2

Nov 3, 2009
Winnsboro
more than one

i currently have 3 devices and one on the way. an galaxy s3 which im selling, an htc one max, an xperia z ultra, and an note 3 which is on the way. im trying to have like a starting phone squad like in basketball. the z ultra is my center. the one max is my power forward. the note 3 is my small forward. im not to sure of the guards. like the nexus 5 would be my point guard and the s5 or the g3 would be my shooting guard. that would be my basic phone squad. but then it would be nice to sub the one max with an optinus g pro 2, samsung round, and lg g flex which are damn good phones that go under the radar. ive had an optimus g pro which is kick butt phone so i can imagine what a g pro 2 can do. if i were a windows man i would get a nokia 1520, but im not. so ive got 3 of the 5. any suggestions on the other two. which brings to a question for you. what would your phone squad be?

Reactions: Stuart Little

CenekStrichel

May 5, 2013
Now I have Nexus 4, I really like Ara concept, but because there is much more money in app sell bussiness in Apple, maybe next phone will be iPhone :(

Stuart Little

Aug 12, 2013
Utrecht
www.mailtown.tk
i currently have 3 devices and one on the way. an galaxy s3 which im selling, an htc one max, an xperia z ultra, and an note 3 which is on the way. im trying to have like a starting phone squad like in basketball. the z ultra is my center. the one max is my power forward. the note 3 is my small forward. im not to sure of the guards. like the nexus 5 would be my point guard and the s5 or the g3 would be my shooting guard. that would be my basic phone squad. but then it would be nice to sub the one max with an optinus g pro 2, samsung round, and lg g flex which are damn good phones that go under the radar. ive had an optimus g pro which is kick butt phone so i can imagine what a g pro 2 can do. if i were a windows man i would get a nokia 1520, but im not. so ive got 3 of the 5. any suggestions on the other two. which brings to a question for you. what would your phone squad be?
Wow nice to read that bro .
Really funny post.

My phone squad will be:
LG G3 as striker
Samsung Galaxy S2 as scout
S5 Active as sniper
HTC One as queen
LG G3 also as king
Nexus 5 as guard of the king
The new silver line of google will be my very own frontline of silver phone soldiers.

Sent From A Samsung Galaxy S2 With AOSB Project ROM .

Paresh Kalinani

Apr 28, 2012
Mumbai
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
Best phone ever?

Hey guys so it's my friend who's gonna get some coupon worth Rs.75,000/- and he wants me to suggest a phone for him.
JUST DON'T worry about the price. Tell me the best phone. Conditions are that it should be an Android smartphone from Samsung, Sony, HTC or a nexus device only. Suggest the BEST one! (Available in India) :p

Stuart Little

Aug 12, 2013
Utrecht
www.mailtown.tk
Hey guys so it's my friend who's gonna get some coupon worth Rs.75,000/- and he wants me to suggest a phone for him.
JUST DON'T worry about the price. Tell me the best phone. Conditions are that it should be an Android smartphone from Samsung, Sony, HTC or a nexus device only. Suggest the BEST one! (Available in India) :p
The brand name of the device that i wanna suggest you is not in your condition list .
But you should add it.

I suggest the LG G3 :)

Sent From A Samsung Galaxy S2 With AOSB Project ROM .

KkdGab

Jun 28, 2014
Auckland
S2/S3, I'm gonna have fun modding

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

HTC one M8, nice audio, very fast. Avaliable in India too :cool:

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

HTC M8

nokiagye

Aug 15, 2012
thessaloniki
Nexus 5 ??? No no no I have it.it have huge problem with temperature.. Keep away

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before you buy an used phone, check it with this app:

See how many charging cycles it has.
    500+ and you know the battery is on way down.
    Any hint how I can obtain physical access to a device that I don't own yet in order to install this certainly great app for the suggested check?
    G53 is a low end phone - G42 is a better choice.
    Amoled, FHD, better SoC etc

Xperia 10 III is as good as G42, with more RAM, but an older phone and cost more:
    Before you buy an used phone, check it with this app:

See how many charging cycles it has.
    500+ and you know the battery is on way down.
    Thanks. Won't work on my phone as it's for Android 14, but am looking for another app to check number of cycles.

Its a bit older phone, but still nice.
    Bit smaller screen size, smaller battery, less RAM, but a better camera, OTG support, and should get Android 14 too.

If the price is right, lower than G84, and you like the phone, go for it.

If the price is the same, and the camera is not in your focus, then get the G84 because it has an amasing battery life, microSD expansion is very nice too.
    Modern day lower midrangers offer the luxury of 6gb ram, faster processors and are an exciting segment to look.

Here are few truly valuable midrangers, suiting our preferences: (premium camera, 4k video rec & microsd support)
    • Realme 12 plus - mar 24 _ 50p,8w,2m​

Realme, well known for its camera 1st approach and has recently released a bombshell right there.
    • Samsung F54 5g - July 23_ 64p,2w,8m​

A popular midranger over the past few months that ticks all boxes and even chosen as best midranger by many websites.
    • Oppo F25 Pro - Feb 24 _32p,2w,8m​

Very high bang for the buck right here and Camera has been a big flex of this phone.
    • Oppo Reno 11 -jan 24 _50p,8w,32t​

This phone is highly rated for its slowmo video especially and comes with a flagship telephoto lens as well. All this comes at a higher price making it a higher mid Ranger.

The moto G54 and G84 are the other big guns in the category but don't support 4k video and dont have macro lens.

(P - primary lens, W- wide angle, M - Macro, T - telephoto)
    Thank you so much for the elaborate response, after 5 days of intense research, I wasn't happy enough with the offers at the 300-400 range, not enough to call the shot, so I ended up lowering the budget to avoid disappointment, and got a poco x6 for 277 euros, is alright, I feel like if I had forked out more for a redmi note 12 pro plus or note 13 pro plus, I would feel disappointed...
    mines is either galaxy s3 or galaxy note for t-mobile

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium App
    For sure Samsung Galaxy S3

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk
    Asus Padfone for me!
    Not sure yet, but seeing as my HTC has had its life dramatically extended by HTC unlocking bootloader for thier devices and so making it much easier to root and mod I am finding it difficult to find a complelling reason to move from HTC
    Probably the Galaxy S3. Hopefully we'll see an updated Note later in the year.