Originally Posted by ksekhar
Hello existing smartband owners/users,
Those who received Smart Band and are using it already, can you guys please let me know if it is good and worth getting one?
My Z2 comes with only noise cancelling headphones and no band. I like the concept of Smart Band but only disappointment is it is lacking display. I use Fitbit Force today and it is great. Now wondering if I should switch to SmartBand as I'll get Z2.
1. Is Smart Band worth getting?
2. If 1st question is hard to answer, just tell me if you are extremely disappointed or extremely pleased with it as it is today in a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being lowest.
3. If you use Fitbit (any wearable for that matter), do you know if Lifelog works with other wearables?
4. Does Smart Band recognise that you are running/cycling/boxing/swimming without having to tell/update it?
Thanks in advance.
1. If you have a phone that is compatible with it ( 4.4 + BLE ) then it is definitely interesting, I have become addictive to the notifications, I used to miss calls and whatsapp messages with my phone in my pocket but not anymore, phone is always on silent and I get the buzz on my wrist. The activity tracking seems to be pretty accurate (steps), but there is about to be an explosion of fitness trackers hitting the market - it may be worth waiting a few months. The biggest drawback for me is lack of watch/time functionality, the notifications are great, the lack of alarm notification for non-Xperia phones is annoying, and Sony being Sony trying to prefer Xperia of other phones for functionality is going to be a pain.
2. 4, I've tried some other cheaper fitness trackers ( eg. MyKronoz for the watch function) and the quality of the smartband is very high compared to them
3. I'm not aware of it working with anything other than the sony smartband
4. Running yes, the others no. Sony appears to be releasing updates to lifeblogger that allows you to tell it you are doing these activities but only if you are using an Xperia phone ( I'm using galaxy note )
The lifeblog app is interesting - similar to Moves but not as accurate or intuitive ( location tracking, activity determination, location identification ), the location tracking for me is not accurate but the life tracking for sleep and phone based activities is becoming more engaging. There is also a tasker plugin to try and work around the lack of alarm notifications but i've not had the best of luck with it so far.