May 24, 2008
Meed my self up SM-N900V

So I followed the steps, 4.4.2 updated
1. edited the build file
2. downloaded the apk.
3. install apk
4. Install Driver.
5. it told me to reboot.
I rebooted and now my phone will show the Samsung logo and then black screen. I left it like that for couple hours and the phone was burning HOT!.

What are my options to recover the phone from this state. Is the firmware is borked? if so how can I re-install the firmware. I can get into ODIN mode (Vol Down+home+pwr) or the system recovery (with many tries Volup+home+power)

Latest Kies does not detect the phone.

Where can I get the stock firmware for the Verizon SM-N900V Note 3. ? and instructions to install it.
Can I recover via ADB which also does not see the phone either.
there is a option in recovery says apply update from ADB. have not tried it yet as I do not have the update.

any help is appreciated.

docnok63

Nov 22, 2012
Memphis, TN
So I followed the steps, 4.4.2 updated
1. edited the build file
2. downloaded the apk.
3. install apk
4. Install Driver.
5. it told me to reboot.
I rebooted and now my phone will show the Samsung logo and then black screen. I left it like that for couple hours and the phone was burning HOT!.

What are my options to recover the phone from this state. Is the firmware is borked? if so how can I re-install the firmware. I can get into ODIN mode (Vol Down+home+pwr) or the system recovery (with many tries Volup+home+power)

Latest Kies does not detect the phone.

Where can I get the stock firmware for the Verizon SM-N900V Note 3. ? and instructions to install it.
Can I recover via ADB which also does not see the phone either.
there is a option in recovery says apply update from ADB. have not tried it yet as I do not have the update.

any help is appreciated.

Okay. While this seems to look like an issue with this mod, it isn't. I know it looks like that, but hundreds of thousands of people have installed this mod without this issue. Since you can't see your phone via ADB (a Samsung driver issue), you're going to have to flash stock via Odin. Images are here. Odin download link, Samsung drivers, and Odin instructions are all there. Good luck.

kojigushi

May 24, 2008
Okay. While this seems to look like an issue with this mod, it isn't. I know it looks like that, but hundreds of thousands of people have installed this mod without this issue. Since you can't see your phone via ADB (a Samsung driver issue), you're going to have to flash stock via Odin. Images are here. Odin download link, Samsung drivers, and Odin instructions are all there. Good luck.

thank you so much for taking the time to reply and providing guidance.

wondering I was currently on N900VVRUCNC4 which is the latest 4.4.2 KK.

I am not sure if I follow the procedure in the link will it void warranty right now the odin and know are 0x0

I downloaded

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=29319

http://dl.sammobile.com/OlFZQz8lJj0...lNBUEBFUQ../N900VVRUCNC4_N900VVZWCNC4_VZW.zip

I take you can flash that with Odin which will get me back to STOCK/. only reason I rooted was to get the sound as I miss Beats from my HTC.
if I flash this with odin will it increase the know count odin count?

I would appreciate the answer

Tada10

Feb 19, 2013
thank you so much for taking the time to reply and providing guidance.

wondering I was currently on N900VVRUCNC4 which is the latest 4.4.2 KK.

I am not sure if I follow the procedure in the link will it void warranty right now the odin and know are 0x0

I downloaded

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=29319

http://dl.sammobile.com/OlFZQz8lJj0...lNBUEBFUQ../N900VVRUCNC4_N900VVZWCNC4_VZW.zip

I take you can flash that with Odin which will get me back to STOCK/. only reason I rooted was to get the sound as I miss Beats from my HTC.
if I flash this with odin will it increase the know count odin count?

I would appreciate the answer
Use Triangle Away. If it does trip your counter. Mine didn't trip it.

Wendemixda

Mar 5, 2011
I don't know if the installation method described in the OP makes a big difference... I have used Viper4android and Viper xhifi on my S4 and now on my Note 3 with the simplest installation method and they work really well. All I did was download the zip files and extract the apks. After I installed, I was asked to install the drivers. I ticked "high audio quality" for Viper4android and the drivers installed automatically. For xhifi, you need to choose your CPU type, which is the Cortex with neon one. After the drivers install, you're asked to reboot your device. After rebooting you go to music effects and choose Viper4android. You can then go to the app and configure the equalizer and stuff. This worked for me. But maybe there is something I am missing...

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

vassy.uk

May 31, 2014
Thank for all this steps, work perfectly in my Galaxy Note 3 root with Kingo and updated to MJ7 with Mobile Odin Pro :laugh:

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Thank for all this steps, work perfectly in my Galaxy Note 3 root with Kingo and updated to MJ7 with Mobile Odin Pro :laugh:

I use Nexus 7 2013. I followed ur steps and boom the sound effects works like gem with Mx player :) previously i installed it as a user app but never worked.. now i changed it to a system app and it works perfect. Thanks alot man...

I'm using ElementalX kernel and running on stock rom on Nexus 7 :)

Reactions: docnok63

docnok63

Nov 22, 2012
Memphis, TN
There hasn't been an update to V4A in quite a while, so I'd like to draw your attention to two audio mods that are compatible with V4A and further enhance your audio experience. These mods change your sound lib directory and modify your system partition, so please make a Nandroid backup before proceeding:

The first is @Vinardo_ZzZ 2000's Elements of Fidelity which is currently at version 20. Scroll wayyyyy down to the bottom of the OP and grab one of the two bottom installers. The bottom is for TouchWiz ROMs and the one above is for AOSP ROMs.

These are flashable AROMA installers, so just wipe Dalvik Cache and Cache, install, repeat wipes, and fix permissions. I tried the Ultra install, but it didn't work on my N3 (thus, the Nandroid backup). Try it, YMMV. When you boot up, V4A will be broken, but you should notice a distinctly clearer sound. If not, use the standard install in AROMA.

Next is @Applicare Studios' eXtremeBeats™. Again, scroll wayyyyy down to the bottom and choose either Studio or eXtremeBass v1.0.0 depending on your listening style.

This is a simple flashable zip and installation should be done the same as above.

Once both mods are installed, open V4A FX and reinstall the top driver. If you have V4A XiFi installed as well, fire that up and install the bottom driver again.

Reboot and enjoy your new eargasm!!!

LeftyGR

Oct 18, 2011
Bloomington, IL
There hasn't been an update to V4A in quite a while, so I'd like to draw your attention to two audio mods that are compatible with V4A and further enhance your audio experience. These mods change your sound lib directory and modify your system partition, so please make a Nandroid backup before proceeding:

The first is @Vinardo_ZzZ 2000's Elements of Fidelity which is currently at version 20. Scroll wayyyyy down to the bottom of the OP and grab one of the two bottom installers. The bottom is for TouchWiz ROMs and the one above is for AOSP ROMs.

These are flashable AROMA installers, so just wipe Dalvik Cache and Cache, install, repeat wipes, and fix permissions. I tried the Ultra install, but it didn't work on my N3 (thus, the Nandroid backup). Try it, YMMV. When you boot up, V4A will be broken, but you should notice a distinctly clearer sound. If not, use the standard install in AROMA.

Next is @Applicare Studios' eXtremeBeats™. Again, scroll wayyyyy down to the bottom and choose either Studio or eXtremeBass v1.0.0 depending on your listening style.

This is a simple flashable zip and installation should be done the same as above.

Once both mods are installed, open V4A FX and reinstall the top driver. If you have V4A XiFi installed as well, fire that up and install the bottom driver again.

Reboot and enjoy your new eargasm!!!
****Anyone interested in this who is on the retail VZW N3 cannot flash this as is. We cannot flash via Aroma with our locked bootloader. You will need to install manually or change the zip to install w/o Aroma.

catr8

May 11, 2011
Wow wow wow; followed all instruction and I am enjoying my Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 audio as I never thought I would thank you for the clear and easy to follow instructions as well and foremost to the developer of this amazing app(s) wow that's all I can say.

Reactions: docnok63

Deva001

May 28, 2013
Pune
It says "Driver Installation Failed", Please Please help!!!!!

Hello.
I have Micromax Unite2 (A106), rooted, Arm Cortex A-7 quad-core CPU. When I read abt this MOD, I really was excited and wanted to try this one. So I read this and original post of Viper4Android, tried latest v2.3.3.0 . But no luck, I didn't got past the driver installation stage. It keep saying "Driver Installation Failed, check ur Busybox if its broken install stericson one". I know i have rooted device with stericson busybox and SU app of "tha phalash" or something.
What could I do? Please Please help.......:crying::crying::crying:

docnok63

Nov 22, 2012
Memphis, TN
Hello.
I have Micromax Unite2 (A106), rooted, Arm Cortex A-7 quad-core CPU. When I read abt this MOD, I really was excited and wanted to try this one. So I read this and original post of Viper4Android, tried latest v2.3.3.0 . But no luck, I didn't got past the driver installation stage. It keep saying "Driver Installation Failed, check ur Busybox if its broken install stericson one". I know i have rooted device with stericson busybox and SU app of "tha phalash" or something.
What could I do? Please Please help.......:crying::crying::crying:
Flash this in recovery, open it on next boot, give it superuser access, and update binaries, turn off root for other superuser app, and then install driver.

http://download.chainfire.eu/452/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip

SuperVee3

Aug 1, 2010
****Anyone interested in this who is on the retail VZW N3 cannot flash this as is. We cannot flash via Aroma with our locked bootloader. You will need to install manually or change the zip to install w/o Aroma.
I actually flashed them them through recovery. My Note 3 I have Pon-3, ASDPE (Optimal), EBS 2.0, Dolby Digital Plus, and Viper4Android installed.

docnok63

Nov 22, 2012
Memphis, TN
Reactions: mrsim

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All credit for these apps goes to @viper520. Shoutout to @zhuhang for maintaining the thread here on xda and creating some NICE impulse response samples,

I've been using ViPER4Android (V4A) for all my recent devices including the Droid DNA, S3, and the S4. So, naturally, I needed to get it on my Note 3 ASAP. There's two apps as part of this sound mod, but one is optional. The main app is called ViPER4Android FX. The current version is 2.3.1.1 and is compatible with stock rooted VZN Note 3. I use the optional app, ViPER4Android XHiFi, for superior bass and treble adjustment.

The newer versions of V4A allow for both system and user installations, but I've always installed it as a system app to ensure that it works 100% of the time (including watching movies with MX Player, YouTube, streaming with Google Play Music, etc.) So, my N3 installation instructions are as follows (note: your device MUST be rooted):

1) Download the app(s) from the original xda thread. Extract the 4.x versions of the apks from the .zip files.

2) Push both apks to system\app. Reboot so permissions get automatically fixed or manually change to rw-r-r-. (First screenie using Root Explorer).

3) Launch each app separately. Grant root access to each of them to install their drivers. They'll both prompt you to install drivers on first launch. Choose "Super Audio Quality" driver for FX. We have a quad core processor, so it can easily handle it. XHiFi is being phased out but still adds a richness I can't find in using FX alone. You must manually choose the bottom option. Reboot so it automatically fixes the permissions of the newly installed drivers.

4) After reboot, immediately go to settings\sound\music effects and choose ViPER4Android FX as the default sound processor (second screenie). NOTE: If you have a custom ROM, Music Effects may have been removed by your developer. Continue to the next step.

5) Open up /system/build.prop in text editor using any file explorer with root access. Change these lines (the bottom two apply to the VZN N3):

Code:
    Ipa.decode=true to lpa.decode=false 
    tunnel.decode=true to tunnel.decode=false
    lpa.use-stagefright=true to lpa.use-stagefright=false

NOTE: On a custom ROM, your build.prop may have been edited and these lines might not appear. They will definitely not appear if you're not on a Samsung device. You can either add these line manually for Samsung custom ROMs to ensure proper audio settings or simply continue without any build.prop edits.

6) Plug your headphones and start your favorite music app. Start up FX and enable it at the top and then check the driver status. If everything says you're processing, you're good to go. Enjoy the BEST sound on Android.

This is my tried and true installation. You can see from screenies 3 and 4 that it's definitely work on my N3. I'm not sure if installing it as a user app (just clicking the FX apk) will work or not as I didn't even try it. YMMV.

UPDATE: Tip for newer versions since this post was created:

Using the convolver is one of the most important things you can add to customize sound to your liking. You can access the convolver by going the UI Setting in the menu and selecting Moderate or Expert. The app will close and when you open it again, it will be under the equalizer. Once enabled, Download and extract IRS files to <storage>/ViPER4Android/Kernel/<paste files here>. If the directory doesn't exist, simply create it using a file manager. IRS's can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2216193
    V4a doesnt work on poweramp music player?

Yes it does. You just have to turn off Poweramp's DVC:

Poweramp Settings->Audio->Advanced: toggle Direct Volume Control to off
    Does this work for the regular speakers, like speakerphone, ringtones/notifications? My issue is that everything seems too quiet. Will this help me?

Thanks!

Yes, it affects sound coming out of the regular speaker including speakerphone, but does not boost ringtones or notifications. I think this thread will help with that. Which reminds me...

I've been messing with V4A for so long, I forgot to include the instructions for Samsung devices in this post in my original guide. Fixing now.
    I did do the build prop edits. I found it strange that some say that they have it working on stock player when it does not support it. Thought I was missing some thing. Either way, it works beautifully with all my 3 party players.

Sent from One Bad Ass Note 3

I never got it working on stock either. Works great with any of the 3rd party apps.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    I found 4 zip files on the link provided. Should I install each of the 4.X apk in the app folder?

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

All credit for these apps goes to @viper520. Shoutout to @zhuhang for maintaining the thread here on xda and creating some NICE impulse response samples,

I've been using ViPER4Android (V4A) for all my recent devices including the Droid DNA, S3, and the S4. So, naturally, I needed to get it on my Note 3 ASAP. There's two apps as part of this sound mod, but one is optional. The main app is called ViPER4Android FX. The current version is 2.3.1.1 and is compatible with stock rooted VZN Note 3. I use the optional app, ViPER4Android XHiFi, for superior bass and treble adjustment.

The newer versions of V4A allow for both system and user installations, but I've always installed it as a system app to ensure that it works 100% of the time (including watching movies with MX Player, YouTube, streaming with Google Play Music, etc.) So, my N3 installation instructions are as follows (note: your device MUST be rooted):

1) Download the app(s) from the original xda thread. Extract the 4.x versions of the apks from the .zip files.

2) Push both apks to system\app. Reboot so permissions get automatically fixed or manually change to rw-r-r-. (First screenie using Root Explorer).

3) Launch each app separately. Grant root access to each of them to install their drivers. They'll both prompt you to install drivers on first launch. FX will automatically detect and install the proper driver, XHiFi is being phased out and you must manually choose the bottom option. Reboot so it fixes automatically fixes the permissions of the newly installed drivers.

4) After reboot, immediately go to settings\sound\music effects and choose ViPER4Android FX as the default sound processor (second screenie).

5) Open up /system/build.prop in text editor using any file explorer with root access. Change these lines (the bottom two apply to the VZN N3):

Code:
    Ipa.decode=true to lpa.decode=false 
    tunnel.decode=true to tunnel.decode=false
    lpa.use-stagefright=true to lpa.use-stagefright=false

6) Plug your headphones and start your favorite music app. Start up FX and enable it at the top and then check the driver status. If everything says you're processing, you're good to go. Enjoy the BEST sound on Android.

This is my tried and true installation. You can see from screenies 3 and 4 that it's definitely work on my N3. I'm not sure if installing it as a user app (just clicking the FX apk) will work or not as I didn't even try it. YMMV.