Thanks Meter: 5,409

By daniel_hk, Inactive Recognized Contributor on 1st March 2014, 12:00 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
7th July 2014, 01:45 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 611

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebski

For what it's worth, Media is sucking up my battery too but I am on Stock 4.1.2 ROM. There used be a way of stopping Media scan but that was broken with recent updates. Unless someone knows of an other solution.

Media scanner is a funny beast. On my Galaxy S2 phone with a 64gb SD card, I have had this issue before. Normally its a .JPG or .MP3 that the media scanner considers slightly corrupted, and it just sits there looping on it. I have normally flushed all the .JPG and .MP3 files off my memory card (copy them somewhere) and after a reboot, the problem goes away. You can then try copy your .JPG and .MP3 files back and if you want to do it in sections and reboot till you locate the file that's causing the issue.

The Neatrom image for Android 4.1.2 on my Galaxy S2 phone had this CWM update patch which seems to eliminate the looping bug with media, for Android 4.1.2 on a Galaxy S2, but I don't know if it will work on the Galaxy Tab 7.7. I have attached it in case you want to look at it / play with it.

Edit - just had a similar issue on carbon ROM, I cleared the media storage data and rebooted, after media scanner seemed to behave itself again
Attached Files
File Type: zip XWMS3_MediaScanner_Fix_6.3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.94 MB, 52 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to p3dboard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift p3dboard Ad-Free
7th July 2014, 12:08 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3dboard

Media scanner is a funny beast. On my Galaxy S2 phone with a 64gb SD card, I have had this issue before. Normally its a .JPG or .MP3 that the media scanner considers slightly corrupted, and it just sits there looping on it. I have normally flushed all the .JPG and .MP3 files off my memory card (copy them somewhere) and after a reboot, the problem goes away. You can then try copy your .JPG and .MP3 files back and if you want to do it in sections and reboot till you locate the file that's causing the issue.

The Neatrom image for Android 4.1.2 on my Galaxy S2 phone had this CWM update patch which seems to eliminate the looping bug with media, for Android 4.1.2 on a Galaxy S2, but I don't know if it will work on the Galaxy Tab 7.7. I have attached it in case you want to look at it / play with it.

Edit - just had a similar issue on carbon ROM, I cleared the media storage data and rebooted, after media scanner seemed to behave itself again

Is there any way of stopping Media Scanner completely? It serves no purpose for me, I select media files individually via file manager and I just want to stop all of that useless activity.
7th July 2014, 12:12 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 611

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebski

Is there any way of stopping Media Scanner completely? It serves no purpose for me, I select media files individually via file manager and I just want to stop all of that useless activity.

In Carbon ROM which I am now using, you goto Settings -> Apps -> All Apps -> Media Storage and then choose disable.
7th July 2014, 03:53 PM |#104  
Flag oslo
Thanks Meter: 99

More
if it applies to kitkat then

# disable mediascanner
pm disable com.android.providers.media/com.android.providers.media.MediaScannerReceiver
The Following User Says Thank You to biopsin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift biopsin Ad-Free
8th July 2014, 07:34 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Talking loved it
First of all, thank you Daniel for this great ROM. I installed it and so far loved it great ROM, my favourite so far Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to mr-bond For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mr-bond Ad-Free
9th July 2014, 04:28 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Update too fast
Nooooo danielhk updated it again! Doesn't he have to work like the rest of us? I'm blaming you when my boss inquires why I'm delayed =)
The Following User Says Thank You to ngoonee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ngoonee Ad-Free
9th July 2014, 05:58 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
AFH states wrong papyal account for you.
I noticed this when i sent the last donation. Would be from [email protected] not LT.
Just another thing to fix.

Brazil haha 1 point. Sorry thats not nice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lt.col.johncross For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lt.col.johncross Ad-Free
9th July 2014, 01:17 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.col.johncross

I noticed this when i sent the last donation.

Thanks for the reminder, my own donation had been long overdue, now rectified.

I do love SlimKat.
9th July 2014, 02:18 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is anybody can tell me how to root this rom of 4.4.4r1?
9th July 2014, 04:28 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlpei

you are on stock?

Gesendet von meinem GT-P6800 mit Tapatalk
9th July 2014, 05:54 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
ROM is rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlpei

Install and Run supersu to update binaries. If problem doing that goto developers options and select apps and adb under root access and do update again with supersu.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread