[REPAIR HARD BRICK] Test Point For Xperia Z1 Compact

Search This thread

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
You can make a TA backup in FlashTool? How? Also, how do you run gdisk on your phone?
Flashtool... submenu file -> switch pro, than submenu advanced -> trim area -> backup

Gdisk... you can find gdisk tool for arm by searching xda! I not going to post dangerous tool since I have deleted them! You no need these tool trust me! :)

Last edited:

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
No but if you run "dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=gpt.img count=10" you'll get the first 10 blocks of mmcblk0, which should contain the partition map. That's what I was referring to. Or are you simply running gdisk on the phone itself?

I dont know what is diferencie between /dev/block/mmcblk0XX and /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/PARTITION_NAME but I think there is diferencie since thats platform implementation for disk management on msm sdcc ... all partitions is labeled by "name", everybody use platform path instead of using standard /dev/blocl/mmcblk0 path! My sugestion to you is do not play with your phone internal memory if you want your phone no dead, forget gdisk and mmcblk0, playing with them is danger for your phone!

Last edited:

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
I dont know what is diferencie between /dev/block/mmcblk0XX and /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/PARTITION_NAME but I think there is diferencie since thats platform implementation for disk management on msm sdcc ... all partitions is labeled by "name", everybody use platform path instead of using standard /dev/blocl/mmcblk0 path! My sugestion to you is do not play with your phone internal memory if you want your phone no dead, forget gdisk and mmcblk0, playing with them is danger for your phone!

Yeah I'm not planning on doing anything (especially not now that my screen is cracked and touch stopped working :(...) I was just wondering.

elzhekache

Jul 8, 2014
Hard brick Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Hello! I really need your help ..I have hard brick Sony Xperia Z1 Compact,button near the SIM card does not work, flash mode and fast boot mode does not work,bootloader unlocked,hard brick occurred from the fact that I made a backup in TWRP (system\data\trim) of the firmware CyanogenMod 11\4.4 kitkat and after restore this backup on new firmware D5503_14.3.A.0​.757_sony.ftf..

In connecting to usb - red LED flashes,in the program s1tool I select flash - FlashTool Package - file firmware D5503_14.4.A.0.108_PCT_Sony.ftf without files system.sin and userdata.sin,after connect testpoint to gnd and press testpoint ready,computer detect Z1 compact,but when I click the button "ready"again, I hear audio on the computer off and then connect the device Z1 compact,and then the process ends with error (see screenshot)..

My question is - what am I doing wrong? Which file should I use in the program s1tool?I used Windows 7 ultimate 32..

Very much hope for your help and understanding, thanks in advance..

Attachments

• 2014-07-08_214655.png
    2014-07-08_214655.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 932
  • 2014-07-08_214816.png
    2014-07-08_214816.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 887
  • 2014-07-09_035415.png
    2014-07-09_035415.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 859
  • 2014-07-09_035514.png
    2014-07-09_035514.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 791

elzhekache

Jul 8, 2014
Its normal connection testpoint to gnd???
I see in Device Manager on the computer - SEMC Flash Device after connection as this photo

Attachments

• GACxe7M6H7M.jpg
    GACxe7M6H7M.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 1,034

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Sorry I can not help you since all my files for flashing gone :( Probably you have no right s1tool, or probably you missing something, sorry I can not help since it was few month back and I forgot everything related to these repairings, sorry!

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Hi! I'm not sure but isn't sin_file_set the same as a ftf file? Both of them can be opened using any zip program like 7zip. Perhaps you can download and rename a ftf and use it? I'm not sure though haven't played with any of these since 2011 so likely I'm wrong.

I need (.SIN_FILE_SET) for program s1tool for Sony Z1 compact...sorry for flood

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Probably he bricked his trim area? If that is true than probably his phone will remain bricked! :( Only way (not tested) to unbrick (first thing he need before full unbrick) his trim area is to make ftf file which will contain ta.img, but ta.img can not be DD method backup (mean ta backuped by trim area partition dump maded by dd command), he must have ta.img maded by flash tool since only flash tool can make these ta.img speciific format! If he have no ta.img maded by flash tool than probably hi must convert his ta backup to these specific format, I can not help in that since never converted that and have no idea how to convert that, he must analyse by self. Bricking trim area is very dangerous and probably phone get totaly bricked without a way for unbricking (I never done that so I can not confirm for sure these thing)! His errors in s1tool flashing procedure probably coming up with reason (trim area brick)?

Last edited:

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
I'm not sure though but I know someone who helped me mess with the trim area back in the Sony Erricson days. His name is
Alejandrissimo

http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3484087

Probably he bricked his trim area? If that is true than probably his phone will remain bricked! :( Only way (not tested) to unbrick (first thing he need before full unbrick) his trim area is to make ftf file which will contain ta.img, but ta.img can not be DD method backup (mean ta backuped by trim area partition dump maded by dd command), he must have ta.img maded by flash tool since only flash tool can make these ta.img speciific format! If he have no ta.img maded by flash tool than probably hi must convert his ta backup to these specific format, I can not help in that since never converted that and have no idea how to convert that, he must analyse by self. Bricking trim area is very dangerous and probably phone get totaly bricked without a way for unbricking (I never done that so I can not confirm for sure these thing)! His errors in s1tool flashing procedure probably coming up with reason (trim area brick)?

ToMMeK-1982

Jan 26, 2014
I really need your help!

Hi! Yesterday I done stupid thing to my phone which hard bricked my phone :( Played with GPT gdisk, restored wrong gpt backup which killed my device, phone was dead after reboot, had no fastboot, had no bootloader, only had led blinking red-green . But good news I have repaired my phone sucesfully ! Was a bit lucky since I saved my GPT backup so after unbricking I restored my GPT, than restored TA, rebooted and flashed everything normaly. Device finaly booted :highfive: :D

WARNING TO ALL:
1. DO NOT PLAY WITH FDISK OR GDISK IF YOU NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING SINCE YOUR DEVICE WILL BE HARD BRICKED !!! If you mess your gpt table or change them your device can not be flashed using pc companion or flashtool!!! If you brick gpt table than you will notice hard brick, so my segestion is: do not be stupid like me!!! I was very stupid yesterday and done very bad thing to my new phone using these tools.

Searched for about an hour for pins on my phone and finaly found test point pins, hope picture will save your time, nerve and your device!

I did a misstake too, yesterday!

I wanted to have the resurection mod on my Z1C and tried it this way:

Bootlader was lockt!! :eek:

coppyed the zip files on my phone

started cwm Backup on my SD Card

Whiped cache etc.

installed Zip files...

Reboot...

DEAD

Redlight flashes on charging, if I connect to my PC I only see for a short moment Red and Green LED ...DEAD

Fastboot still Works.

Can I fix this via Test Points? Then I need your Help, plaese! :crying:

Edit: :LOL: My Z1C was continouisly in Flash mode but no green LED ... so Flashed stock ROM, installed recovery, run Backup .... And I was the happest guy in town ... Maybe the stupidest, too :rofl:

Last edited:

sidahmxd

Sep 19, 2014
Tutorial??

I hard bricked my xperia z1c by flashing an official firmware. I had cyanogenmod before, so basically, the phone doesn't turn on and i took off the battery and everything basically. It flashes red without a battery plugged into my PC but when charging with a battery on my wall, the LED is green. It won't turn on or go into flash mode so I can't use Sony Companion or any updating software. My computer always recognizes ADB driver but it says it fails. So can someone please give me step by step on how to do this/ I'm pretty sad because I just got this phone about a month ago and my warranty just ran out so if someone could do a step by step tutorial like this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2646405 or a YouTube tutorial, I'd be very happy. :)

Reactions: csx3

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
I hard bricked my xperia z1c by flashing an official firmware. I had cyanogenmod before, so basically, the phone doesn't turn on and i took off the battery and everything basically. It flashes red without a battery plugged into my PC but when charging with a battery on my wall, the LED is green. It won't turn on or go into flash mode so I can't use Sony Companion or any updating software. My computer always recognizes ADB driver but it says it fails. So can someone please give me step by step on how to do this/ I'm pretty sad because I just got this phone about a month ago and my warranty just ran out so if someone could do a step by step tutorial like this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2646405 or a YouTube tutorial, I'd be very happy. :)

Proably you have flashed Xperia Z1 rom instead of Z1 Compact rom! Simptoms is black screen but your pc recognise usb device. You no need test point! Simple reinstall Sony PC Companion, reboot your pc, than disconnect usb cable from your phone, than press and hold at the same time volume up + power button until your phone vibrate 3 times, than download an ftf file for Z1 Compact, than install flash tool, than start flashtool software, flash your ftf file, when flash tool ask you to enter into flash mode you need to press and hold volume down button and connect usb cable after that, after that your phone will start flashing. Hope this help.

Alan Revuelta

Nov 5, 2013
Hi! Yesterday I done stupid thing to my phone which hard bricked my phone :( Played with GPT gdisk, restored wrong gpt backup which killed my device, phone was dead after reboot, had no fastboot, had no bootloader, only had led blinking red-green . But good news I have repaired my phone sucesfully ! Was a bit lucky since I saved my GPT backup so after unbricking I restored my GPT, than restored TA, rebooted and flashed everything normaly. Device finaly booted :highfive: :D

WARNING TO ALL:
1. DO NOT PLAY WITH FDISK OR GDISK IF YOU NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING SINCE YOUR DEVICE WILL BE HARD BRICKED !!! If you mess your gpt table or change them your device can not be flashed using pc companion or flashtool!!! If you brick gpt table than you will notice hard brick, so my segestion is: do not be stupid like me!!! I was very stupid yesterday and done very bad thing to my new phone using these tools.

Searched for about an hour for pins on my phone and finaly found test point pins, hope picture will save your time, nerve and your device!

What do I do once the phone is opened?

sidahmxd

Sep 19, 2014
It's fixed now

Proably you have flashed Xperia Z1 rom instead of Z1 Compact rom! Simptoms is black screen but your pc recognise usb device. You no need test point! Simple reinstall Sony PC Companion, reboot your pc, than disconnect usb cable from your phone, than press and hold at the same time volume up + power button until your phone vibrate 3 times, than download an ftf file for Z1 Compact, than install flash tool, than start flashtool software, flash your ftf file, when flash tool ask you to enter into flash mode you need to press and hold volume down button and connect usb cable after that, after that your phone will start flashing. Hope this help.

Thank you! This worked for my phone! I really thought I was screwed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

WARNING TO ALL:
    2. DO NOT PLAY WITH TRYING TO ENTER YOU PHONE INTO DIAG OR ENGINERING MODE IF YOU HAVE NO RIGHT QCOM USB DRIVERS, IT WILL HARD BRICK YOUR PHONE
    3. NEVER TOUCH YOU TA PARTITION SINCE YOU WILL NOT BE ABBLE TO UNBRICK YOU PHONE IN ANY WAY!!!
    If trim area is damaged you can try this tool -> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56571770&postcount=53 to repair your TA partition if possible ;)

Searched for about an hour for pins on my phone and finaly found test point pins, hope picture will save your time, nerve and your device! Use my tool to unbrick you phone, enjoy!

Download Z1C_hard_brick_repair.exe :
    - https://mega.co.nz/#!8FBQkbqK!GK2gQgq1li5Ez4lzijMMMUTkuOz0fowUHB1n1NItEaY
    I have create a tool for unbricking, you can download from the first post!
    Tool for unbricking TA partition is done, read this -> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56571705&postcount=314, enjoy!
    I have found some threads about bricked trim area (TA) ... it is possible to restore ta backup(of course if you have original ta backup)! I will make tool soon! ;)