KitKat custom ROMS with 3.4 kernel

Search This thread

Klen2

Hi, when we got a new 4.2 kernel with KK update, does it mean that it will be possible to make KK custom roms with 4.2 kernel or does it need the kernel sources to be released?

Odesláno z mého XT907 pomocí Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Jersey846

Leraeniesh

Aug 1, 2011
Detroit
Not at the moment.
If it is adopted, you will probably see Dhacker29 tweet about it. I'd follow him.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jlang11

Nov 14, 2010
St. Petersburg, FL
Noob question. Im on xt926 rooted and unlocked on SlimKat 4.4.2 and want to up to the 4.4.4. Anyway, is there a source to download the 3.4 kernel/bootloader besides OTA?

St.Noigel

Mar 7, 2013
Ivano-Frankivsk
Noob question. Im on xt926 rooted and unlocked on SlimKat 4.4.2 and want to up to the 4.4.4. Anyway, is there a source to download the 3.4 kernel/bootloader besides OTA?

Just flash official FW with RSD lite, flash new costum recovery and try any ROMs on 3.4! ))
now we have next ROMs on 3.4 - KitStalk, LiquidSmooth, Vanir, MoKee, Validus, CM11, PA, PA-SaberMod, SOKP, RES, OSE

Specter597

Jan 25, 2012
Washington DC
Sorry, official FW? (told you i was a noob lol) I have RSD and TWRP 2.7.x.x...

ETA: oh duh... firmware. LOL

FW="FirmWare"

Somewhere in the forums is a copy of the official 4.4.2 files that you can flash with RSDLite. {search box!}
Once you've updated to 4.4.2 using the official release you can then Fastboot flash your TWRP/CWM and start life a-new with KitKat Roms. **MAKE SURE that you get a version of TWRP/CWM that is compatible with the new Kernel and OS. Kit Kat requires a different recovery.

As a side note, due to the changes in Recovery systems for KitKat I have found that sometimes during the big update flash it gets weird and may give you an error. If that happens ... flash a second time.

Last edited:

Gblake13

Oct 13, 2011
Just flash official FW with RSD lite, flash new costum recovery and try any ROMs on 3.4! ))
now we have next ROMs on 3.4 - KitStalk, LiquidSmooth, Vanir, MoKee, Validus, CM11, PA, PA-SaberMod, SOKP, RES, OSE

I got an m and an HD. All I've seen for roms on m is cm11 and I can't really find any good for the hd. Can you give me links to some for the hd especially liquidsmooth?

Sent from my DROID RAZR M

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dumb question, what's the difference between moto msm8960 and moto msm8960 dt? Which one do I want to use?

use moto msm8960....msm8960dt is for the newer motorola phone moto x moto g etc....
    Hi, when we got a new 4.2 kernel with KK update, does it mean that it will be possible to make KK custom roms with 4.2 kernel or does it need the kernel sources to be released?

4.2? O_x
    Did you mean 3.4, Man?

Sorry, official FW? (told you i was a noob lol) I have RSD and TWRP 2.7.x.x...

ETA: oh duh... firmware. LOL
    I got an m and an HD. All I've seen for roms on m is cm11 and I can't really find any good for the hd. Can you give me links to some for the hd especially liquidsmooth?

LiquidSmooth
    Official release LS 3.1 and nightlies after 06.30 - KK BL - you must be on official 4.4.2