[Mod][Camera] Jishnu's Camera™ Version 2 HTC | Plus One [Raw - CBR - ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Luismauriz

Sep 21, 2010
Don't have those issues here ...

View attachment 2844157

maybe go to settings - apps - all - Gallery - clear data and the Camera too will help.

Also check whether you have any .thumbnails in DCIM (either sdcard or externalsd), delete that if any then reboot and let the system rebuild its cache

Thanks for the help, still with the same problems ... At least that running the mod

Enviado de meu unknown usando Tapatalk

My Beer Belly

May 3, 2014
I'm trying to run this on a deodexed stock T-Mobile rom and getting nothing but FC. I tried to reinstall the stock camera apk with instructions in previous posts to no avail. Camera working again by reflashing rom. I thought this would work on a deodexed rom?

Bigleg75

Feb 4, 2011
Bangkok
Camera.apk in ARHD or any 4.4.3 ROMs is in system/priv-app
This Camera mod install the apk to system/app

What you can do is open the flashable zip with 7-zip then rename the app folder to priv-app then close the 7-zip. Flash that, it should work.

Or manually replace the Camera.apk in system/priv-app and put permission rw-r--r--

Note : make sure that you don't have Camera.apk in both system/app and system/priv-app ...should be only one Camera.apk in system/priv-app

According to the app properties for the camera, its path is system/priv-app/Camera.apk. Whether this has changed or not since 4.4.2 I don't know, but this mod points to /system/app/Camera.apk, which makes it obvious why it doesn't work on 4.4.3, since it's replacing the wrong Camera.apk. The file is still present in /system/app, though, and the connection (or lack thereof) between the two is unknown to me.

When manually replacing the files and rebooting, the mod seems installed, since the flash is available in night mode. There are, however, other odd things going on. Photos taken are no longer showing up in the lower right corner in the camera app, indicating a shortcut to the image editing and gallery app. The counter ticks on when taking pictures, and the image files are visible in the file explorer - however not consistently so in the gallery.

I suppose we have to further investigate this. :cool:

EDIT: Derp. ckpv5 was a slice of a second faster.

Thanks for the info guys

Luismauriz

Sep 21, 2010
Good morning friends, I believe the mod is incompatible with with ARHD 9.1, since I returned to use insertcoin and installed both the same way, manually, ARHD 9.1 and stayed with the two previously reported problems, now all functioning normally in insertcoin . I believe it is something in 4.4.3, or the camera apk in arhd be without priv-app instead of app.

Enviado de meu HTC One_M8 usando Tapatalk

Stephen

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee Ban Time!
Staff member
Good morning friends, I believe the mod is incompatible with with ARHD 9.1, since I returned to use insertcoin and installed both the same way, manually, ARHD 9.1 and stayed with the two previously reported problems, now all functioning normally in insertcoin . I believe it is something in 4.4.3, or the camera apk in arhd be without priv-app instead of app.

Enviado de meu HTC One_M8 usando Tapatalk
I believe it has been mentioned how to get it working on arhd 9.1 in the thread.

p50kombi

Dec 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
That breaks the link to the album for me though on the right lower corner

Sent from a tin of baked beans using some chewing gum, tinfoil, a piece of string and a manual written by MacGyver

Forsaked

Apr 12, 2012
My album preview works just fine after flashing the fixed mod, so dunno why you have it! :/

Bigleg75

Feb 4, 2011
Bangkok
Renaming the folder in the zip file before flashing worked for me also in ARHD 9.1. No problem with Album preview either.

Thanks guys

ranchy8

Aug 30, 2013
Got my camera back, but still telling me it has stopped. Help.

So you want to restore the original camera to fix it ?
Here's the stock Camera APK File. Just copy it so /system/app/ then change its permissions to rw-r-r.

The easiest way to do so is :
1)install ES File Explorer. click the button in the upper left corner.
2) Click "Root Explorer" then grant it Superuser access.
3)A New menu should appear, click on Mount R/W and mount the system as RW.
4) Go to /system/app/ in ES File explorer and paste the Camera.apk there.
5) Hold your finger on the APK file you copied ,click on "More" then "Properties"
6) In the new window that appeared there is a "Change" button next to the word "Permissions" . Click it and change it so there are Read permissions in all three lines (Owner , Group, Other). and make sure Write permission is ticked for Owner

Got my camera app back, but each time I open it it says its stopped, Help D:

Jamal Ahmed

Jun 23, 2012
Just chiming in my experience. I have this mod installed on ARHD 8.1, S-ON. No bugs whatsoever. Not even one. I've tried each one others experienced here, but not here on mine.
(But I don't know if my photo quality is also improved too tbh xD. I flashed it as soon as I got my M8).

On a separate note, can anyone tell me tools and statistic comparisons between stock photos and this one?:) I'd like to see if my improvements ARE even there or not? Mathematically and with stats

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: kbrn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer : I'm not responsible for any kind of brick. Please use it at your own risk. Nandroid backup is always recommended.

Changelog

Code:
    [B][I]Version 1[/I][/B]
    1)Added tap to shoot instead of tap to focus.
    2)Modified Media profiles for better Audio Quality.
    3)JPEG Quality Bumped to 95
    4)Removed the Harcoded Bitrate Limited by HTC.
    5)Video Bitrates of stock as such 

1080P - 20Mbps [Maxed]
    720P - 14mbps [Maxed]

6)Video Bitrates of Modified apk as such 

1080P - 25~40.5 Mbps [VBR - Variable Bitrate according to lighting conditions][Quality of this over the stock should be even better]
    720P- 20~36 Mbps [VBR - Variable Bitrate according to lighting conditions]

7)Sound Bitrates Improved from 156kbps to 192kbps for clearer and louder sound while recording.
    8)Better Color Reproduction in all Manual, Auto and HDR modes.

[B][I]Version 2[/I][/B]
    1)Made the Video Bitrates to CBR [Constant Bitrate] 35Mbps.
    2)Added action scene.
    3)Added flash and self timer in burst scene mode.
    4)Support For flash in EIS Scene mode.
    5)Added flash for night mode.
    6)Removed The fixed resolution limit for panorama shots.
    7)Flash support added for panorama shots.
    8)Self timer support added for Panorama shots.
    9)Support speed increase to 1/9000 and set the minimum shutter speed to 1/100.

1/9000 = Ultra Fast capture 
    1/100 = Fast shutter speed even in pitch black conditions.

Downloads
    Code:
    [COLOR="Red"]removed[/COLOR]

Installation
    Code:
    1) Download the MOD.
    2) Flash it through Recovery.

Credits
    @dukat0s For Testing.
    @G-Bus For testing.

Note: This MOD is a work of hours of hardwork. If you feel like buying me a Beer, you can donate to me :)
    Ok Dev starts back again.
    Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Alpha V2

I had made the Alpha V2 quiet long back but unfortunately I wasn't able to release it. I even fixed a few things which HTC Improvised on, though they have a whole team so they would have fixed quiet more than I did. Pardon me, for the changelog but I don't remember most of it now because it has been almost a month since I made it and its very difficult to remember the exact minute details of the changelog.

Changelog :
    1) Added Fixes to many places. [This apk is the version before HTC's stability release]
    2) Added Flash to Night mode. [I seriously Don't know why is Flash missing from Night Mode]
    3) Altered Shutter Speed for Night modes - Auto Modes for faster capture.
    4) Color settings have not been touched.
    5) More..

Download Link : Download here Alpha V2

Flash through Recovery.

Note: This is just the alpha for testing purpose. New version was made but I deleted it. So will start all over again.

Thanks for the support.
    Version 2 Final

Features

Code:
    1)Made the Video Bitrates to CBR [Constant Bitrate] 35Mbps
    2)Added action scene
    3)Added flash and self timer in burst scene mode.
    4)Support For flash in EIS Scene
    5)Added flash for night mode
    6)Removed The fixed resolution limit for panorama shots.
    7)Flash support added for panorama shots.
    8)Self timer support added for Panorama shots.
    9)Support speed increase to 1/9000 and set the minimum shutter speed to 1/100.

1/9000 = Ultra Fast capture 
    1/100 = Fast shutter speed even in pitch black conditions.

Downloads
    removed

Note: This is without ART support. The version with ART support will be updated soon.
    Yes. Will work today and release V2 Final.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app