- Insert the new SIM card into the Galaxy S5
- Turn the Galaxy S5 off and then turn it back on
- Open the Dialler application, and type in *#197328640#
- Then select  UMTS >  Debug Screen >  Phone Control >  Network Lock > Options  Perso SHA256 OFF
- After all this, you will need to wait about 30 seconds before pressing the back button
- Now that you’re back at the main menu you should see a Network Lock message
- Now select  NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ
That’s it! Your Samsung Galaxy S5 is now unlocked and should work on the network for the SIM card you just put in. It’s said that this special code and sequence has been used by Samsung engineers for a while and for lots of different Samsung devices, which also include the*Galaxy Note 3. So, even if you own a Samsung smartphone, other than the Galaxy S5, this might still work for you.