[Q] Google Play Edition 4.4.2 - Backup & Reset Settings Crash

Search This thread

kcurran907

Jun 29, 2014
Good Afternoon,

I searched around and was unable to come up with any answers, or similar forums for that matter.
I would post this in the thread that I downloaded the update from, however I'm apparently a noob
and am unworthy to post there until I post ten times.

>> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2761322

Anyways, I downloaded Google Play Edition 4.4.2 for X907, I updated from the official VZW 4.4.2
using RSD Lite. So far I love it, however there's one thing that erks me, when ever I try and open
"Backup and Reset" under the Settings Menu I'm informed that "Settings has stopped working".

When I flashed the update, I kept userdata, I did however Erase Cache and Dalvik Cache.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it bugs me that this one thing doesn't work :eek:

Thanks.

ozeyguy

Jun 18, 2014
Good Afternoon,

I searched around and was unable to come up with any answers, or similar forums for that matter.
I would post this in the thread that I downloaded the update from, however I'm apparently a noob

Anyways, I downloaded Google Play Edition 4.4.2 for X907, I updated from the official VZW 4.4.2
using RSD Lite. So far I love it, however there's one thing that erks me, when ever I try and open
"Backup and Reset" under the Settings Menu I'm informed that "Settings has stopped working".

When I flashed the update, I kept userdata, I did however Erase Cache and Dalvik Cache.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it bugs me that this one thing doesn't work :eek:

Thanks.

Same here. Even the celluar data and wifi won't turn on for me. Mabey it's a rom thing.

xKroniK13x

May 15, 2014
Atlanta, GA
www.coreymccown.com
Good Afternoon,

Thanks.

I'd just backup using TWRP and then if you want to factory reset, do it on TWRP as well. I had GPE and don't recall this issue, though I did a full data wipe when I did because I wanted a fresh start.

kcurran907

Jun 29, 2014
I'd just backup using TWRP and then if you want to factory reset, do it on TWRP as well. I had GPE and don't recall this issue, though I did a full data wipe when I did because I wanted a fresh start.

Thanks, I was hoping not to have to resort to that, as it's such a tiny problem, I just realized that my camera app is having difficulty focusing
although I think that's a KitKat issue. Oh well I already have a NANDROID backup, so I'll do just that, factory data reset and see if that helps if not oh well I'll just restore.

Thanks again.

ozeyguy

Jun 18, 2014
Hmm. just a thought on yours, might be wrong but did you flash an official or take the OTA for 4.4.2 prior to upgrading to the Google Play Edition of 4.4.2? If not that's your problem.

Hope that helps..

I took the OTA. Guess i should flash the full stock rom. Will I be able to use xposed?

carb0nrain

Aug 11, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thanks.

Go to the App Info page for the Settings app and clear data. That usually works when the settings crashes after a rom update

kcurran907

Jun 29, 2014
Go to the App Info page for the Settings app and clear data. That usually works when the settings crashes after a rom update

Thanks, it's just a bug in the gpeLse for the XT907, other users are having the same problem, no matter how many times I re-flash
and or wipe dalvik and cache the problem persists.

Probably do to the removal of something Motorola Had in place in the 4.4.2 release for the XT907, as I knew it was working with the Stock Rom.

Thanks All.