FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROM][For inactive devices]Ubersonic RC3 is HERE!!! (yes its ICS 4.0.4)

715 posts
Thanks Meter: 388

Post Reply Email Thread
15th June 2014, 03:55 AM |#291  
Flag Clifton Park
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpisini

Anyone got a copy of RC3? I thought I had a copy but I can't find it. I just switched to the Note 2 and want to give the EVO a new lease on life.

+1 on this. Same boat.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to slam11100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift slam11100 Ad-Free

13th July 2014, 06:24 PM |#292  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Anyone found the last release of this?
12th September 2014, 11:31 AM |#294  
Flag Mermaid Beach QLD
Thanks Meter: 297

More
any chance of getting GPS going?
am thinking of putting it in to the car as a bit of a media/GPS unit.
12th September 2014, 12:37 PM |#295  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgcruzing

I was thinking the same thing. I was hoping that the GPS would work, but I haven't gone too deep into testing. I am testing the JB version of the ROM and found that the toggle wasn't around, but location services does have GPS satellites checked off.

Maybe later, I'll go outside to see if it acquires any satellites. My goal is to use it as an MP3 stereo and Nav unit for my off-road.
12th September 2014, 01:20 PM |#296  
OP Senior Member
Flag Victoria, TX

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgcruzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havocwreaker11

I was thinking the same thing. I was hoping that the GPS would work, but I haven't gone too deep into testing. I am testing the JB version of the ROM and found that the toggle wasn't around, but location services does have GPS satellites checked off.

Maybe later, I'll go outside to see if it acquires any satellites. My goal is to use it as an MP3 stereo and Nav unit for my off-road.

AFAIK the GPS and cell radio work hand n hand and since all the radio libs are gone it'll only get location via WiFi but I didn't take out the GPS module lib so maybe under location settings set it to GPS only? I can't test because my evo does the 5 vibrates green blinking LED of death right after it boots no matter how many times I wipe the poor lil guy
The Following User Says Thank You to frickinjerms For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frickinjerms Ad-Free
12th September 2014, 07:38 PM |#297  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frickinjerms

AFAIK the GPS and cell radio work hand n hand and since all the radio libs are gone it'll only get location via WiFi but I didn't take out the GPS module lib so maybe under location settings set it to GPS only? I can't test because my evo does the 5 vibrates green blinking LED of death right after it boots no matter how many times I wipe the poor lil guy

Not a problem, I completely understand. I just tested it and it does not acquire GPS at all when only GPS is checked. I left it outside for 10 minutes and it did not lock onto any satellites.

I'm trying to find use for the phone since I got it back after upgrading my mother yesterday. LOL, it used to be my phone rooted with Karma and I handed it down to her. After a few years, it is now mine again. They wanted to buy the phone back for $5 in the store. hahaha

Thanks again for all the work done to this, hopefully someone will pick up this project and run with it. Maybe it's time for me to learn to cook roms .
The Following User Says Thank You to Havocwreaker11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Havocwreaker11 Ad-Free
13th September 2014, 01:22 AM |#298  

More
Quote:

Not a problem, I completely understand. I just tested it and it does not acquire GPS at all when only GPS is checked. I left it outside for 10 minutes and it did not lock onto any satellites.

I'm trying to find use for the phone since I got it back after upgrading my mother yesterday. LOL, it used to be my phone rooted with Karma and I handed it down to her. After a few years, it is now mine again. They wanted to buy the phone back for $5 in the store. hahaha

Thanks again for all the work done to this, hopefully someone will pick up this project and run with it. Maybe it's time for me to learn to cook roms .

Coming back to let you all know that RC3 is working great and has GPS. I removed the JB version as I couldn't get it to work and once the apps updated, all kinds of FCs began to happen. So far, none with RC3. Thanks!!!!!

I'm using my EVO as my Xbox controller and occasional media player with GPS mapping in the off-road.
The Following User Says Thank You to Havocwreaker11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Havocwreaker11 Ad-Free
13th September 2014, 01:32 AM |#299  
OP Senior Member
Flag Victoria, TX

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Reading, patience and curiosity haha that's what it took for me at least.
May the Schwartz be with you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frickinjerms For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frickinjerms Ad-Free
27th October 2014, 11:25 PM |#300  
Flag Logan, UT
Thanks Meter: 65

More
So I realize this thread is old but I'm just trying RC3 for the first time with an old device. Install and everything went smooth and now I'm having issues with WIFI. I use this phone as a viewing device for a webcam set up in the baby's room (Using TinyCam Pro application). Typically if I watch the camera for 45 minutes to an hour, it times out for some reason. Then the phone locks up and I have to pull the battery to get it working again. Went back to stock and I didn't have this problem. Anyone know where I could start looking for a fix?
31st October 2014, 09:55 PM |#301  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 281

More
got jb test to work successfully, but you have to use TWRP to install it. amon ra for ics and below and twrp for everything jb and above. It runs nice now. thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
time to wipe off the dust

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)