FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT][IOroot] LG G3 4.4.2 Jailbreak [D850|D855|F400|VS985][Yahooo!]

2,636 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,910

By autoprime, Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer on 8th June 2014, 12:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th July 2014, 04:33 AM |#191  
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 845

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisin

Sprint doesn't care if you root. Just FYI. Ive had warranty work and swaps on devices they knew were rooted because I told them so. Rooted phones are not a big deal on Sprint.

Sent from my G3

I flat out hard bricked a lg g2 and told them i did they still replaced it under TEP

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

14th July 2014, 04:52 AM |#192  
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoprime

its rare to see even 25% payout of bounties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverZero

I'm not going to derail this thread, just wanted to respond and say I was mistaken:

Fair enough.

Exactly. It's not like these pledges are being held in escrow by XDA Financial Services.

I guess I can't say for sure that they don't work, but I doubt highly that many people stand behind their pledges. For me, I just see it as encouraging the devs to monetize their efforts. That leads to a little economy where we have to pay for the freedom to utilize our devices to the fullest. Devs work hard and deserve to be thanked (i.e. donations) but as soon as it becomes normal to start a bounty, some devs could start holding exploits private and essentially selling them when the price is high enough. That's more like extortion to me. I admit, that's a hypothetical, but I've been around long enough to see what money does to people. Look at net neutrality. Before long, we'll have ROMs released on a subscription basis. Root kits will be available for the low, low price of $14.99.

I'm all for donating when you appreciate a dev's work, but the bounty system has always bothered me. And in the end, there are enough good developers that will find ways to free our phones because it's all about freedom in the end.

He got paid almost all of it. Over 80 percent was paid within weeks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mrlaigle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrlaigle Ad-Free
14th July 2014, 05:49 AM |#193  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,910

Donate to Me
More
guys.. my comment about sprint root was a joke to see how much interest there was in the root and see what kinda reactions there'd be.

BUT.. some of the guys working on this need g3 devices... for root.. for unlock... for future exploits down the road...

root for any unrooted G3's will come.. I can promise that. But.. it will most likely not be an update to ioroot specifically.. and I may not be the one to post...
SO..
the couple users who did donate for a future Sprint G3 root.. I will be refunding. But I do thank you for your enthusiasm. hold onto it and use it when root IS posted to ensure the G3 continues to see great work(moar r00t? moar unlox? moar hax? r0mz.. zzz). there is a great group of ppl poking at this.. but as i mentioned.. we all dont have G3's.. and some will have to buy out of pocket.. just for the sake of hacking and contributing to community. I think I've slept a total of 8 hrs the past 3 days(not complaining!).. trust me.. this is being looked at and worked on.

keep your eyes on our twitters... @ tylerfixer (iomonster/thecubed/insertnamehere) .. @ teamandirc (jcase) .. i dont think shelnutt2 or beaups use twitter.. and me @ utoprime

keep the assumptions to a minimum.. and please be patient(no not "months" patient)..

and who knows.. maybe someone new will step up and surprise us all.
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to autoprime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 02:13 PM |#194  
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 845

More
I got refunded 😞

14th July 2014, 02:56 PM |#195  
Flag Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 273

More
Quote:

guys.. my comment about sprint root was a joke to see how much interest there was in the root and see what kinda reactions there'd be.

BUT.. some of the guys working on this need g3 devices... for root.. for unlock... for future exploits down the road...

root for any unrooted G3's will come.. I can promise that. But.. it will most likely not be an update to ioroot specifically.. and I may not be the one to post...
SO..
the couple users who did donate for a future Sprint G3 root.. I will be refunding. But I do thank you for your enthusiasm. hold onto it and use it when root IS posted to ensure the G3 continues to see great work(moar r00t? moar unlox? moar hax? r0mz.. zzz). there is a great group of ppl poking at this.. but as i mentioned.. we all dont have G3's.. and some will have to buy out of pocket.. just for the sake of hacking and contributing to community. I think I've slept a total of 8 hrs the past 3 days(not complaining!).. trust me.. this is being looked at and worked on.

keep your eyes on our twitters... @ tylerfixer (iomonster/thecubed/insertnamehere) .. @ teamandirc (jcase) .. i dont think shelnutt2 or beaups use twitter.. and me @ utoprime

keep the assumptions to a minimum.. and please be patient(no not "months" patient)..

I got refunded also but this donation will be ready for whenever it does get found. Appreciate all the great Devs here I wish I had bank to buy and donate a phone to yous.

14th July 2014, 02:57 PM |#196  
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intellectua1

They didn't give me the $50

Yea, YMMV with this. The LG G3 wasn't supposed to go be given the extra $50 off but since I got mine early the mass Best Buy corporate email wasn't sent out yet. Most of the employees had no idea it excluded the device and were just doing manually overrides. It was until later that the error was discovered. But to get the device for $99 is still an awesome deal for a newly released higher end smartphone. Totally worth it.
14th July 2014, 04:17 PM |#197  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 385

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman1199

Yea, YMMV with this. The LG G3 wasn't supposed to go be given the extra $50 off but since I got mine early the mass Best Buy corporate email wasn't sent out yet. Most of the employees had no idea it excluded the device and were just doing manually overrides. It was until later that the error was discovered. But to get the device for $99 is still an awesome deal for a newly released higher end smartphone. Totally worth it.

That would be why they couldn't get me the $50 GC on Friday lol - they just applied the credit though

14th July 2014, 05:13 PM |#198  
Seminole, FL
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:

SO..

Thanks for the hard work and the info!
14th July 2014, 05:56 PM |#199  
Thanks Meter: 192

More
If I do this will it wipe my device?

Thanks
14th July 2014, 08:01 PM |#200  
Flag North Branford
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:

SO..

Thank you for the work so far. Keep it up.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
14th July 2014, 08:40 PM |#201  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm confused as to if this works on Sprint variant now. The posts say it isn't but the front page has the Sprint model number listed. Working or not?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)