[RECOVERY]14/07/14[UNLOCK BL][ROOT][TWRPv2.7.1.0 V4 RELEASED!!][NVIDIA OTA SUPPORTED]

Search This thread

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
Hi all, just another bug i have found if i select Wipe System in TWRP it states it can not mount /emmc partition when internal sdcard is selected with system and continues to just wipe data. Also USB Mounting seems not to be working on the MicroSD card just a heads up on these issues

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
Hi all, just another bug i have found if i select Wipe System in TWRP it states it can not mount /emmc partition when internal sdcard is selected with system and continues to just wipe data. Also USB Mounting seems not to be working on the MicroSD card just a heads up on these issues
1. The issue is there shouldnt be a mount option for internal storage, internal storage uses mtp not usb mass storage, and as far as i am aware twrp cannot mount mtp.
2. Secondly I have tested myself, TWRP is capable of wiping everything, this includes interal sd, external sd, system, cache etc etc.
Make sure you have the latest TWRP, and always provide a log when reporting an issue, otherwise ill have to ignore it

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
TWRP V4 now released

V4:
- TWRP Updated to latest source, includes better method of calculating backup and restore (now shows files and percentage complete, also supports colour text etc etc)
- Updated recovery kernel so backup and restore shall be faster
- Fixed 180 degree upside down recovery, now shows correctly
- TWRP now supports Nvidia OTA (NOTE: Installing nvidias OTA on a modified system may provide FC, DO NOT INSTALL IF YOU HAVE XPOSED INSTALLED)

Download Link: http://d-h.st/cqQ

mouhii

Aug 6, 2010
TWRP V4 now released

V4:
- TWRP Updated to latest source, includes better method of calculating backup and restore (now shows files and percentage complete, also supports colour text etc etc)
- TWRP now supports Nvidia OTA (NOTE: Installing nvidias OTA on a modified system may provide FC, DO NOT INSTALL IF YOU HAVE XPOSED INSTALLED)

Thank you for the update Shaky.
Looks like there's a little glitch now that the display is flipped correctly. Apparently on my device there's a part on the right that is not flipped, and also that part belongs to the left side off the screen.
Here's a screen shot to illustrate it.

Attachments

• sc.jpg
    sc.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 411
Reactions: Ysy

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
Looks like there's a little glitch now that the display is flipped correctly. Apparently on my device there's a part on the right that is not flipped, and also that part belongs to the left side off the screen.
Hi I'm aware of the issue, I always test before release, minor graphic glitch does not affect using the recovery, will attempt to fix on next update :)

freeekbert

Aug 16, 2012
TWRP V4 now released

V4:

Hi, I'm trying to install the latest OTA 2.5 but TWRP is unable to install it. It just gives me the following error:
Code:
 script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.name") == "tn7_114gp"
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.name") == "tn7_114gp"
I:Legacy property environment disabled.
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/emmc/nvidia/app/ota/download/ROM/tegra_note_7_-_ota_2.5__4.4.2.zip'
Error flashing zip '/emmc/nvidia/app/ota/download/ROM/tegra_note_7_-_ota_2.5__4.4.2.zip'

What can I do about this?

Attachments

• recovery.log.txt
    13.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
Hi, I'm trying to install the latest OTA 2.5 but TWRP is unable to install it. It just gives me the following error:
Code:
 script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.name") == "tn7_114gp"
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.name") == "tn7_114gp"
I:Legacy property environment disabled.
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/emmc/nvidia/app/ota/download/ROM/tegra_note_7_-_ota_2.5__4.4.2.zip'
Error flashing zip '/emmc/nvidia/app/ota/download/ROM/tegra_note_7_-_ota_2.5__4.4.2.zip'

What can I do about this?
I didnt receive that issue when I installed an OTA. Its best to modify the updater script and exclude the file checks aswell as device check.

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
You mean to edit the OTA zip file? Could you please give me hint what exactly I'd have to modify? Thanks!

late reply, better late than never lol
remove any and all patch checks which usually include the first half of the file, remove the device check too to be safe, but remember whoever has modified the system then installs an OTA, should expect FC etc

freeekbert

Aug 16, 2012
late reply, better late than never lol
remove any and all patch checks which usually include the first half of the file, remove the device check too to be safe, but remember whoever has modified the system then installs an OTA, should expect FC etc
I only commented out the line that created the actual error message and it worked like a charm.

Reactions: Shaky156

yogesh1998

Sep 24, 2013
Tegra Note 7 Help

If I Root This Device And Flash TWRP. Will I Still Able To Recive OTA Updates And Successfully Install Them.Thanks

asratxda

Jun 10, 2012
Mumbai
Hi Shaky, Rooted My Tegra Note 7 (Xolo) today as its warranty period is over (I always root my devices after warranty period :) :) ). Thanks for compiling TWRP recovery. Is it possible to backup my stock recovery with a "dd" command. Is it necessary to create a backup of stock recovery? ... ... ... And what should I try/do next i.e ROM/Kernel/MODs/etc... ?

Last edited:

yastroa

Feb 24, 2014
HI guy, i need your help.
the twrp recovery wipe the /date will make /data is not writable for lolipop. if you use the twrp wipe the /date ,you would have to flash the CWM or offical recovery to wipe. 

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
Hi Shaky, Rooted My Tegra Note 7 (Xolo) today as its warranty period is over (I always root my devices after warranty period :) :) ). Thanks for compiling TWRP recovery. Is it possible to backup my stock recovery with a "dd" command. Is it necessary to create a backup of stock recovery? ... ... ... And what should I try/do next i.e ROM/Kernel/MODs/etc... ?

You can backup recovery using dd command but nvidia provide stock recovery in their images they provide. Also installing custom kernel is the next best thing to do. I am not aware of any custom ROMS for tegra note 7

HI guy, i need your help.
the twrp recovery wipe the /date will make /data is not writable for lolipop. if you use the twrp wipe the /date ,you would have to flash the CWM or offical recovery to wipe. 

This will require a new TWRP
If I Root This Device And Flash TWRP. Will I Still Able To Recive OTA Updates And Successfully Install Them.Thanks
Yes you can, aslong as you dont install xposed and remove patch checks in installer script if youve modified stuff as itll prevent the ota from installing

Reactions: x-dira

Ysy

Jul 25, 2010
Two annoying issues remain with TWRP v2.7.1.0 V4 :::
1. Its wipe of /data makes /data unwritable for Lollipop.
(29th July 2015, 04:44 AM |#216 – yastroa )
2. The display is flipped correctly, but there's a part on the right that is not flipped, and that part belongs to the left side of the screen.
(14th July 2014, 04:11 PM |#205 – mouhii )
It would still be wonderful to see these problems fixed.

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
Two annoying issues remain with TWRP v2.7.1.0 V4 :::
1. Its wipe of /data makes /data unwritable for Lollipop.
(29th July 2015, 04:44 AM |#216 – yastroa )
2. The display is flipped correctly, but there's a part on the right that is not flipped, and that part belongs to the left side of the screen.
(14th July 2014, 04:11 PM |#205 – mouhii )
It would still be wonderful to see these problems fixed.

Hi I am aware of the issues, this recovery was created for Kitkat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

****DISCLAIMER****
    I am not responsible if you device decides to soft brick/ hardbrick or flys out the window

Recovery Installation Instructions:

1. unlock bootloader. (Hold volume up and power button, using terminal type in 'fastboot oem unlock', follow on screen instructions, (***WARNING THIS WILL WIPE DATA PARTITION***)
    2. While in bootloader type 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img'
    3. select boot into recovery!!

Recovery Access:

Access recovery in pc via terminal/cmd
    Adb reboot recovery

Or within the device...

Terminal emulator
    Su
    Reboot recovery

Or download an app from playstore that will do the work and reboot into recovery...

TWRP Version 2.7.1.0 Released:

Fully Working

Current issues list:
    0 Issues

How to report an issue:
    Message me with the a detailed description of the issue.
    Provide a log.
    Issues reported without a log will be ignored.

Source: https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery

Release Changelog:
    V1:
    - TWRP booting
    - graphics fixed but touchscreen not working
    V2:
    - Touchscreen fixed
    - USB Mounts fixed
    - software keys fixed.
    V3:
    - Improve read and write speeds on both internal and external storage. (TWRP method of calculating backup, MB/s seems inaccurate, jumps around way too much) but backup is very very fast!
    - Improve graphical user interface speed, very very smooth!
    - When not using TWRP, lp-core (super battery saving core) will be active and used as its suppose to.
    - Drastically reduce TWRP loading times.
    V4:

CWM has been discontinued as it is not fully functioning while TWRP is and has much more, advanced features.

TWRP Version 2.7.1.0 Released:

Fully Working:
    Touchscreen fixed
    mounting USB fixed
    Graphics fixed

Any issues notify me

Current issues list:
    Upside down recovery (Working on a fix - will release an update later)
    TWRP will take roughly 20 seconds to load, I will reduce the time it takes to load

Download link: http://d-h.st/wSP

Installation instructions:
    1. unlock bootloader. (Hold volume up and power button, using terminal type in 'fastboot oem unlock', follow on screen instructions, (***WARNING THIS WILL WIPE DATA PARTITION***)
    2. While in bootloader type 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img'
    3. select boot into recovery!!

BOOM!
    Hi I'm aware of the issue, I always test before release, minor graphic glitch does not affect using the recovery, will attempt to fix on next update :)
    Unlocking Bootloader & Rooting

the new rom 4.3 should not be difficult... Now that we have recovery...

Unlocking bootloader
    1. Unlock the bootloader
    Access bootloader by either from poweroff holding volume down and power keys... Or enable USB debugging via pc enter adb shell reboot bootloader
    Once at bootloader type in terminal/cmd fastboot oem unlock and follow intructions till the end...
    WARNING DEVICE WILL WIPE USERDATA(EVERYTHING)
    Device is now unlocked

2. install recovery - steps above

3. Download supersu.zip from chainfires website
    Install via recovery... (Android terminal, su, reboot recovery)
    Navigate to Supersu.zip via volume up, down keys and powerbutton - http://download.chainfire.eu/372/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86.zip

Root achieved yay :D

More indepth tutorial incoming
    Thanks.

Firstly a big thanks to Pacattack and Tomsgt for all the help they have given me over our problem with installing the latest ota.
    Much appreciated by a complete novice to fastboot, updater scripts etc.
    I have finally successfully installed the ota using Tomsgts tool.
    Had a couple of worrying moments when it all seemed to freeze but made it in the end.
    Thanks once again.
    Cheers,
    drc.