Wifi and data switch off randomly.

Search This thread

koko115

Jul 1, 2012
Im too do wipe. And two days wifi work correct. But in thus day problem buck, when i add app for multiwindows. I fink some app in mmwindows do this problem.

simacca

Apr 27, 2006
Kent, uk
Im too do wipe. And two days wifi work correct. But in thus day problem buck, when i add app for multiwindows. I fink some app in mmwindows do this problem.

I haven't tried multiwindows since the wipe as I never really use it. Don't think I will risk switching it on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

koko115

Jul 1, 2012
I think is xposed ftamework problem, because when i uninstal framework xposed wifi work greats.

simacca

Apr 27, 2006
Kent, uk
I haven't got that installed. I still haven't had any more probs since the factory reset.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Shonky*

Dec 5, 2008
Any one have stil this problem ?
I do. New S5 - about 3 weeks old. SM-G900I (Australian)

Wifi is off and just clicking it goes to that half greyed out state. If I exit and come back to settings it's back to off.

Haven't installed heaps of apps:

1) No adblockers
2) Not rooted
3) No Xposed framework
4) 3G/4G network still appears to be working ok once Wifi goes off
5) *Seems* to happening in the evening (not 100% sure on this)
6) Airplane mode on/off fixes it (as does reboot)
7) There is no connection optimiser that I can find.
8) Don't think it was happening until recently (i.e. when new was OK).
9) I do use MultiWindow occasionally (usually web links in Gmail opening Chrome)

Can't really afford to factory reset at this point.

simacca

Apr 27, 2006
Kent, uk
I do. New S5 - about 3 weeks old. SM-G900I (Australian)

Wifi is off and just clicking it goes to that half greyed out state. If I exit and come back to settings it's back to off.

Haven't installed heaps of apps:

1) No adblockers
2) Not rooted
3) No Xposed framework
4) 3G/4G network still appears to be working ok once Wifi goes off
5) *Seems* to happening in the evening (not 100% sure on this)
6) Airplane mode on/off fixes it (as does reboot)
7) There is no connection optimiser that I can find.
8) Don't think it was happening until recently (i.e. when new was OK).
9) I do use MultiWindow occasionally (usually web links in Gmail opening Chrome)

Can't really afford to factory reset at this point.

If it annoys you enough and you can't solve the problem the only thing left to try Will have to be a factory reset. It solved the problem for me. I am now rooted (towelroot) with adblockers and the problem still hasn't returned.

I know it's a pain to factory reset because you lose everything and have to start again, but it is a last resort and may solve the problem for you.

Shonky*

Dec 5, 2008
Yeah not the end of the world, but I don't have heaps of time to muck around with it and there's the risk that it will just happen again when I set it all up the same.

It would be nice if Android could do the full backup restore like iPhones/iTunes can.

simacca

Apr 27, 2006
Kent, uk
Yeah not the end of the world, but I don't have heaps of time to muck around with it and there's the risk that it will just happen again when I set it all up the same.

It would be nice if Android could do the full backup restore like iPhones/iTunes can.

There is rumour that Android will be introducing a similar function soon.

Shonky*

Dec 5, 2008
Well to report back, I've done nothing extreme (like factory resets) and it seems fixed. What I DID change was that I changed the "Keep Wifi on during sleep" setting back to "Always" rather than "Only when plugged in" which I think I had at the time.

It doesn't seem to affect battery life too much and it is quite possible that this setting could cause a problem.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts