I am on Slimkat 6.0 Android 4.4.4 Stock Kernel
gpu/cpu ondemand standard mhz

I'm using V50020b (without applying this patch) and I obtained:

Antutu : 25520
Antutu/2D : 1619
Antutu/3D : 6183
Quadrant : 8838
3DMark/ex : 9231 / 6543

So I don't see a clear benefit of applying this patch, at least with the numbers shown :S

Sincereless

May 5, 2013
I'm inquiring about this over in my S4 Active QA section.

Running Stock 4.4.2 rooted. Will these Adreno 320 drivers work for my phone? Asking to confirm before I test. Thinking about using Android Tuner to optimize it as well. Want to get the latest drivers installed first.

Any optimization tips anyone has for these drivers is greatly appreciated.

wind0zer

Feb 15, 2010
Using with v500 and CM11 m8. Overall browser feels very smooth. Also 2d and 3d benchmark scores have bumped up like those posted in the screenshots^.

Sincereless

May 5, 2013
Scratching my head over how to install these. I know they're in the /system/etc/firmware folder. Tried updating from recovery and ended up formatting my phone..><. Can't access the files from MoboRobo. Not sure what program to use to flash these files and how.

I looked into the original thread as well, they don't talk about the install process other than where the files are located on the S4.

Hoping for a quick reply.

ckret

Sep 22, 2010
Scratching my head over how to install these. I know they're in the /system/etc/firmware folder. Tried updating from recovery and ended up formatting my phone..><. Can't access the files from MoboRobo. Not sure what program to use to flash these files and how.

I looked into the original thread as well, they don't talk about the install process other than where the files are located on the S4.

Hoping for a quick reply.

i looked into the cm11 for s4 active

seems like the libs are stored in /system/vendor/lib
firmware should go to /system/vendor/firmware

i dont guarantee it working cause samsung always likes to be different from everyone else
so they have alot of different files in the libs which arent in the zip.
make a backup and benchmark and flash this through recovery

Attachments

• s4.zip
    11 MB · Views: 59

Sincereless

May 5, 2013
i looked into the cm11 for s4 active

seems like the libs are stored in /system/vendor/lib
firmware should go to /system/vendor/firmware

i dont guarantee it working cause samsung always likes to be different from everyone else
so they have alot of different files in the libs which arent in the zip.
make a backup and benchmark and flash this through recovery

Not using CM11. Using Stock 4.4.2 OTA NC9. Couldn't even get the NE3 update.zip to work like it says in the thread over there. I'm running V45 drivers for the Adreno 320 so I'm really needed to make this work.

So I'm putting that s4.zip on an sd card and updating through recovery....>.>

EDIT: When we're talking about recovery, it's holding Volume Up and Power to get to the reovery menu and update from SD correct?

Last edited:

ckret

Sep 22, 2010
Not using CM11. Using Stock 4.4.2 OTA NC9. Couldn't even get the NE3 update.zip to work like it says in the thread over there. I'm running V45 drivers for the Adreno 320 so I'm really needed to make this work.

do you have a custom recovery installed?

Mixinitup4Christ

Jun 23, 2013
Grand Prairie, TX

On my G2 I just searched the filenames from the update zip in /system using Root Explorer, wrote down their location, and replaced. YMMV

Sincereless

May 5, 2013
If I had a custom recovery I'd have a custom ROM which I do not. It's stock recovery same as I said above. Trying Droid Explorer to copy the files. Unless you have some words of wisdom for me?

Would very much like to update to the stock OTA Kitkat 4.4.3 that just came out. I know if I update my ROM I have to install these files again. But we'll get to that when we get there.

ckret

Sep 22, 2010
well if you dont have a custom recovery you only can try replacing the files by hand
you will need root access for that and if you have root you cant update OTA in most cases
your phone could hang up on the process of replacing the files since your messing with the graphic drivers

Sincereless

May 5, 2013
well if you dont have a custom recovery you only can try replacing the files by hand
you will need root access for that and if you have root you cant update OTA in most cases
your phone could hang up on the process of replacing the files since your messing with the graphic drivers

I have no problem if it crashes. Nothings ever permanent. As TowelRoot is quite easy to use once you get past the initial startup screen.

I'm slowly learning how to use Android SDK.

Reactions: ckret
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts