[ROM][Official][BeanStalk][Android_5.0.1][t6_all_variants]

Search This thread

gimmeitorilltell

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 6, 2012
Beanstalk-Presentation.png

This rom was compiled by me, Scott.Hart.bti has done the real work!
I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by myself. This is a build composed off of the CM builds and i have added alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with my current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!

I plan on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.

Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

Interested in Porting/Building BeanStalk on another device? Check out Post #3!
If you have building/development concerns or issues, Please visit the BeanStalk Development Thread to avoid cluttering this thread.

Features.png

• CM based
  • Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
  • Customizable Lockscreen text color
  • Lockscreen rotation
  • Option to enable all widgets
  • Minimize lockscreen challange
  • Use widget carousel
  • Slider Shortcuts
  • Static Lockscreen shortcuts
  • Lockscreen button actions
  • LCD Density
  • Scroll elasticity options
  • Default App grip option
  • Custom Carrier label
  • Dual Pane options
  • Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
  • Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
  • Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
  • Status bar color and transparency
  • Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
  • Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
  • Breathing SMS option
  • Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
  • Do not disturb option
  • Show notification count
  • Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (dont ask why) )
  • Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
  • Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
  • Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
  • Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
  • Kil app back button with customizable timeout values
  • High end graphic effects option
  • option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
  • Low battery warning customizable options
  • Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
  • Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
  • Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
  • Less frequent Notification sounds options
  • CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
  • Enable/disable wake up on charge option
  • Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
  • CM Performance options and features
  • About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
  • insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
  • option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
  • Numerous other options hidding throughout the build

Bugs.png

Gapps.png

Download:BasketBuild_Gapps

Download.png

DOWNLOAD:
Sprint_BeanStalk_t6spr
Verizon_BeanStalk_t6vzw
International_BeanStalk_t6
Beanstalk_t6dwg

***Please keep in mind that this is the initial release and bugs are to be expected. I am working on this myself and do not have a team that is helping me. Before reporting bugs, please make sure you verify everything on your end and make sure you do a full wipe and format first to make sure it is a legitimate issue. Im going to say this once and only once... I am doing this for fun. It is my CHOICE to share my work with everyone. If you decide that you do not like my work, good for you.. Move on and flash something else. I will not tolerate ungrateful people in my thread.***

Installation.png

• First time flashing a CM based rom to your device?
    Coming from a SENSE ROM?
    Enable all location services: Settings > Location > (all location services) = On
  • Update to the latest CM ready TWRP recovery HERE or use the latest CWM
  • Make sure you are rooted
  • Download both the BeanStalk build and the latest GAPPs package.
  • Boot into recovery
  • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe /system and dalvik cache as a precaution
  • Sprint users ONLY do the FACTORY RESET before flash!
  • Flash BeanStalk build
  • Flash GAPPs package
  • Flash SuperSU
  • Reboot & Enjoy!

Source.png

SlimROM source can be found HERE
DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
My source can be found HERE

Donate.png

Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE
Credits:

Scott Hart for his source codes and amazing rom
Santod040 which inspired me to build after running his amazing roms! Also helping me along the way to learn to build.
Disconnecktie has pretty much schooled me every step & answered my questions.
Androidfilehost.com for rom hosting
Special Thanks to Flyhalf205 AND sbrissen for getting this project off the ground!! Anyone else I may have missed please PM me & I will make sure to include your name.

Donations are NOT required but are accepted for better programming equipment.

Last edited:

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
Building_Beanstalk.png

So your interested in Building/Porting for another device?! Follow this guide! **Please make sure to give proper credits and Use the layout i have in the first post.** - If you need assistance, please send me a PM, do NOT post questions in this thread. I may open a general porting/building thread in another section depending on how this goes. You must have some general experience/knowledge in this area to complete this. Building from Linux platforms. In particular Ubuntu 10.04

If you have building/development concerns or issues, Please visit the BeanStalk Development Thread to avoid cluttering this thread.

Setup to build - This section can be skipped if you've ever built anything before. This is for first time build setup.
1. From your root terminal location, type the following: sudo apt-get install curl git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush schedtool g++-multilib lib32z1-dev lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline5-dev gcc-4.3-multilib g++-4.3-multilib
2. Type: mkdir ~/bin
3. Type: PATH=~/bin:$PATH
4. Type: curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
5. Type: chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

From terminal
1. type 'cd'. This will bring you to your root folder.
2. type 'mkdir beanstalk'. This will create a folder named beanstalk.
3. type 'cd beanstalk'. This will take you to the beanstalk directory created from previous step
4. type 'repo init -u git://github.com/scotthartbti/android.git -b kk44'. This will setup the folders to be synced.
5. type 'repo sync'. This will sync the folders to your beanstalk directory. Note - This will take some time depending on internet connection. Be patient!
6. After the repo sync finally finishes, all you need to do is add your device, kernel, vendor specific files for the device you are building for. (You must know what these are, dont bother asking me if your not sure.)
7. Make sure all your device specific files are setup as if you were going to build for CM.
8. Outside of terminal, navigate to beanstalk/vendor/cm. Double click on the get-prebuilts file and select run in terminal. This will fetch necessary files needed to build and place them where they need to be.
9. Type '. build/envsetup.sh && brunch "device name"'
10. Previous step will start building beanstalk for your device. The process takes anywhere from 1 - 3 hours depending on your computer.
11. Once completed, it will say package complete and you will have a beanstalk named zip file in your out folder.

If you like the above mentioned work, clicking thanks or donating to my rainy day fund by clicking here is a great way to show it.

sigpic4552996_11.gif
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Last edited:

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
Is Sprint lte working on this build?

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

I live in a city that has little to no LTE so I really couldn't tell you until I travel into the 4G area. 3G is working tho.

EDIT: I would suggest to not mess with the data settings any more than one time. Make sure you get it correct the first time or you may have issues, but a couple reboots should fix things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wired0980

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
OP updated with a new build using all the latest kernel commits. I still don't believe that 4G is working properly and speakerphone during a call will cause a reboot!!

Reactions: Herk718

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
Beanstalk 4.4.4007 updated in the op. Backup and enjoy. I still have not gotten lte working as of now.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

aheeejd

I know this isn't really the right place for this, but I do love beanstalk rom. I have nexus 5, eligible for upgrade on 8/1, & I'm just wondering, is this a pretty new phone, I mean development looks pretty bleak, I want a big screen phone & all the threads for big screen look bleak, even note 3. If anyone feels like chiming in please or pm me your thoughts. I like to flash lots of roms, not just 20 or so

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

nathlynn22

Apr 8, 2013
I know this isn't really the right place for this, but I do love beanstalk rom. I have nexus 5, eligible for upgrade on 8/1, & I'm just wondering, is this a pretty new phone, I mean development looks pretty bleak, I want a big screen phone & all the threads for big screen look bleak, even note 3. If anyone feels like chiming in please or pm me your thoughts. I like to flash lots of roms, not just 20 or so

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
Phone isn't very new there aren't 20 ROMs so that's not what you want. Better off getting oneplus one or HTC one m8 as they both have a hell of a lot of development. But developers on HTC one max are pretty good so not too bad. Also xperia z ultra has picked up a lot in last few months since I had 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: aheeejd

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
I'm on the vzw varient and I installed bean stalk I went into preferred network and changed the settings so I could get data, I LTE isn't working for me. I thought only sprint was the one with no LTE.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Edit, I changed to LTE and all is working, sorry about that.

nathlynn22

Apr 8, 2013
I'm on the vzw varient and I installed bean stalk I went into preferred network and changed the settings so I could get data, I LTE isn't working for me. I thought only sprint was the one with no LTE.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Edit, I changed to LTE and all is working, sorry about that.
Just tried this myself. Its quite nice. Nice amount of mods. Have you noticed any problems as I haven't done any think on it yet to test apart from WiFi and lte. Did check playing music and as with all aosp ROMs the distortion is terrible. Is it still WIP

mbl1979

May 15, 2014
Roxboro
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
AWESOME!!!!! Works just as good as cm11 nightlies for my VW max. Two things I cant seem to find XPosed Module, it says its there but I sure as heck cant find it lol. Lastly does the beanstalk updater work yet? When I tried it sent back errors for ROM update as well as gapps. Power to the DEVS... :D

mbl1979

May 15, 2014
Roxboro
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
AWESOME!!!!! Works just as good as cm11 nightlies for my VW max. Two things I cant seem to find XPosed Module, it says its there but I sure as heck cant find it lol. Lastly does the beanstalk updater work yet? When I tried it sent back errors for ROM update as well as gapps. Power to the DEVS... :D

edit....found the xposed framwork, it was hiding lol. Is there a way I can put the modules on my home screen?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beanstalk-Presentation.png

This rom was compiled by me, Scott.Hart.bti has done the real work!
    I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by myself. This is a build composed off of the CM builds and i have added alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with my current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!

I plan on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.

Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

Interested in Porting/Building BeanStalk on another device? Check out Post #3!

Features.png

• CM based
    • Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
    • Customizable Lockscreen text color
    • Lockscreen rotation
    • Option to enable all widgets
    • Minimize lockscreen challange
    • Use widget carousel
    • Slider Shortcuts
    • Static Lockscreen shortcuts
    • Lockscreen button actions
    • LCD Density
    • Scroll elasticity options
    • Default App grip option
    • Custom Carrier label
    • Dual Pane options
    • Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
    • Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    • Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
    • Status bar color and transparency
    • Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
    • Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
    • Breathing SMS option
    • Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
    • Do not disturb option
    • Show notification count
    • Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (dont ask why) )
    • Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
    • Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
    • Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
    • Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
    • Kil app back button with customizable timeout values
    • High end graphic effects option
    • option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
    • Low battery warning customizable options
    • Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
    • Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
    • Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
    • Less frequent Notification sounds options
    • CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
    • Enable/disable wake up on charge option
    • Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    • CM Performance options and features
    • About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
    • insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
    • option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
    • Numerous other options hidding throughout the build

Bugs.png

Gapps.png

Download:BasketBuild_Gapps

Download.png

DOWNLOAD:
    Sprint_BeanStalk_t6spr
    Verizon_BeanStalk_t6vzw
    International_BeanStalk_t6
    Beanstalk_t6dwg

***Please keep in mind that this is the initial release and bugs are to be expected. I am working on this myself and do not have a team that is helping me. Before reporting bugs, please make sure you verify everything on your end and make sure you do a full wipe and format first to make sure it is a legitimate issue. Im going to say this once and only once... I am doing this for fun. It is my CHOICE to share my work with everyone. If you decide that you do not like my work, good for you.. Move on and flash something else. I will not tolerate ungrateful people in my thread.***

Installation.png

• First time flashing a CM based rom to your device?
      Coming from a SENSE ROM?
      Enable all location services: Settings > Location > (all location services) = On
    • Update to the latest CM ready TWRP recovery HERE or use the latest CWM
    • Make sure you are rooted
    • Download both the BeanStalk build and the latest GAPPs package.
    • Boot into recovery
    • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe /system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    • Sprint users ONLY do the FACTORY RESET before flash!
    • Flash BeanStalk build
    • Flash GAPPs package
    • Flash SuperSU
    • Reboot & Enjoy!

Source.png

SlimROM source can be found HERE
    DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
    My source can be found HERE

Donate.png

Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE
    Credits:

Scott Hart for his source codes and amazing rom
    Santod040 which inspired me to build after running his amazing roms! Also helping me along the way to learn to build.
    Disconnecktie has pretty much schooled me every step & answered my questions.
    Androidfilehost.com for rom hosting
    Special Thanks to Flyhalf205 AND sbrissen for getting this project off the ground!! Anyone else I may have missed please PM me & I will make sure to include your name.

Donations are NOT required but are accepted for better programming equipment.
    I will be releasing all new builds hopefully this week. Currently compiling t6spr and will build from there. Also adding FM radio back if we get it fixed. I've pulled some commits from @Ƒłƴнαłƒ205 for fm, just need to test them.

EDIT: I just wanted to pop in to let everyone know that I got caught up with the holidays & kids running here & there for their sports. I'm off work tomorrow & "MAY" get a little free time between Dr's visits for the kiddos to get these builds updated.
    After installing android 5.0 you need to go into the settings and cellular settings. Allow the app to crash and you should see the device recognize your sim card.
    Building_Beanstalk.png

So your interested in Building/Porting for another device?! Follow this guide! **Please make sure to give proper credits and Use the layout i have in the first post.** - If you need assistance, please send me a PM, do NOT post questions in this thread. I may open a general porting/building thread in another section depending on how this goes. You must have some general experience/knowledge in this area to complete this. Building from Linux platforms. In particular Ubuntu 10.04

Setup to build - This section can be skipped if you've ever built anything before. This is for first time build setup.
    1. From your root terminal location, type the following: sudo apt-get install curl git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush schedtool g++-multilib lib32z1-dev lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline5-dev gcc-4.3-multilib g++-4.3-multilib
    2. Type: mkdir ~/bin
    3. Type: PATH=~/bin:$PATH
    4. Type: curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
    5. Type: chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

From terminal
    1. type 'cd'. This will bring you to your root folder.
    2. type 'mkdir beanstalk'. This will create a folder named beanstalk.
    3. type 'cd beanstalk'. This will take you to the beanstalk directory created from previous step
    4. type 'repo init -u git://github.com/scotthartbti/android.git -b kk44'. This will setup the folders to be synced.
    5. type 'repo sync'. This will sync the folders to your beanstalk directory. Note - This will take some time depending on internet connection. Be patient!
    6. After the repo sync finally finishes, all you need to do is add your device, kernel, vendor specific files for the device you are building for. (You must know what these are, dont bother asking me if your not sure.)
    7. Make sure all your device specific files are setup as if you were going to build for CM.
    8. Outside of terminal, navigate to beanstalk/vendor/cm. Double click on the get-prebuilts file and select run in terminal. This will fetch necessary files needed to build and place them where they need to be.
    9. Type '. build/envsetup.sh && brunch "device name"'
    10. Previous step will start building beanstalk for your device. The process takes anywhere from 1 - 3 hours depending on your computer.
    11. Once completed, it will say package complete and you will have a beanstalk named zip file in your out folder.

If you like the above mentioned work, clicking thanks or donating to my rainy day fund by clicking here is a great way to show it.

sigpic4552996_11.gif
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Op updated!! All builds...

I have only tested the sprint version so make sure you run a nandroid before flashing. No need to flash SuperSU or SuperUser, it will be done during installation. You must go into the cellular settings and let the app crash before it will read your sim card currently.