RCA Pro10 RCT6103W46

Search This thread
I purchased the new RCA 10" tablet from Wal-Mart. I've been able to root the device with Kingo and I have dumped the system, recovery, && boot partition for anyone who's interested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgg0rvhj5fecogr/system.tar

MD5 Checksum: 61b64c71879cb82584d26a8eb7b7d0f3 system.tar

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbal9mma3aso46r/recovery.img

MD5 Checksum: 39a326ed074b3036333bd292c2564f86 recovery.img

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkgacrdavyomqzf/boot.img

MD5 Checksum: 5e68d090fb9dbdbd4865c41920c09658 boot.img

Thinking about trying to port CM to this device.

Last edited:

SingletonRW

Mar 28, 2011
Process to root?

What is the process to root this tablet? I am familiar with rooting, is it just done through recovery mode? What order are the three files flashed. Thanks

pyro8105

Aug 9, 2014
Can anyone help? I'm having trouble rooting with kingo :confused:

Edit: found the drivers needed by using pdanet, then kingo worked flawlessly!! hope this helps someone else!!

Last edited:
Reactions: jesseserna

Stuart Little

Aug 12, 2013
Utrecht
www.mailtown.tk
You can root with:

POOT: This app is a one click root app. No computer needed

Framaroot: Framaroot is a oneclick root app . No computer needed
This is the most popular one!

Z4Root: Z4Root is an oneclick root app . No computer needed

Towelroot: Towelroot is an oneclick root app. No computer needed

Baidu: No information

Vroot: No information

Gingerbreak: This app can root almost all gingerbread devices

Downloads:

Poot - Download the app >>here<<

Framaroot - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Z4ROOT - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Towelroot - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Baidu ROOT - Download the app >> HERE <<

vROOT - Download the app >> HERE <<

Gingerbreak - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Flash a SU ZIP - Download the ZIP >> HERE << and flash it on your unlocked bootloader phone !

Hit thanks if you liked this post or this post has helped you out !<br/>

Sent through my Galaxy Note using Tapatalk 4

ngholson

Sep 11, 2010
Biloxi, MS
Blink feed, are you sure that these one click apps will work with the rca tablet?

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

I'm sorry, bink* feed.

morriscox

Aug 29, 2014
Also need the USB drivers

I purchased the new RCA 10" tablet from Wal-Mart. I've been able to root the device with Kingo and I have dumped the system, recovery, && boot partition for anyone who's interested.

<outside links to files removed due to being a new poster>

Thank you very much for this. My brother needed to reinstall the firmware and this is the only place I've found it. However, I can't find anyway to use these to reinstall the firmware. Can I make an update.zip from these files?

Last edited:

morriscox

Aug 29, 2014
Different MD5 checksum on recovery.img

I've tried repeatedly and each time I get a MD5 of 6CB66063134238AFAAE17652D814645F. The other two checksums check out.

Morris

bc72067

Sep 7, 2014
I tried rooting from a win 7 virtual machine running inside solydk. It wouldn't work. I reloaded my laptop because I need to maintain a copy of windows to adjust the emc on one of my Harleys. So 100GB partition for windows and the remainder of the TB for linux. Ran all updates on the laptop and installed busybox on the the tablet. installed kingo and rooted the pro 10. Not alot you can do once rooted except clean up some bloat and over clock the cpu a bit. Nothing for custom roms out there. I'm trying to find away to flash linux on it and do away with droid.

issam1979

Jun 10, 2007
Detroit
Did anyone try to put a custom recovery on it? We need to back up the system, root apps can render system unbootable not even after a reset unless u have a backup

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

bc72067

Sep 7, 2014
No custom recovery here. Mine got into a little random locking up. I had to use the reset button to shut it down. So I factory reset it and am head to walmart to exchange it for another guinea pig to play with. I hope the one they set aside has the USB dock and keyboard and not the bluetooth one.

issam1979

Jun 10, 2007
Detroit
Lol, but that's what i was afraid of, i already returned my 1st because of the crappy usb placement on the dock, it broke or I broke it I don't know :p

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
Did anyone try to put a custom recovery on it? We need to back up the system, root apps can render system unbootable not even after a reset unless u have a backup

My mom just got this tablet and its sweet but a lil too vanilla. Has anyone managed to shag an sbf or fxz? We need to worry about flashing stock before we get into root and custom recoveries IMO. I haven't looked too deep into anything but does rca even allow for unlocking bootloaders? Or do we need to look into SS or bootstrap? I'll be willing to help with development but personally I think a recovery to stock is the most important first step..

On a side note, I'm used to locked bootloader devices so I'm unfamiliar with Odin and unlocking things I always use safestrap or bootstrap.

Glad to know that there's at least a root method for this tablet because it does after all have nice specs.

Sent from my Paranoid Bionic

bc72067

Sep 7, 2014
Lol, but that's what i was afraid of, i already returned my 1st because of the crappy usb placement on the dock, it broke or I broke it I don't know :p

I actually like it better than the one I bought my wife with the bluetooth keyboard. I picked up the new one yesterday and it is rooted. I took all the crap off it I didn't want. Installed some of the stuff I wanted for now. Still working on getting linux installed on it. I have the feeling this will be a rooted what it is, and I will have to buy something different down the road to be able to actually do what I want with it. This will work for now for the basics.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgg0rvhj5fecogr/system.tar

MD5 Checksum: 61b64c71879cb82584d26a8eb7b7d0f3 system.tar

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbal9mma3aso46r/recovery.img

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkgacrdavyomqzf/boot.img

MD5 Checksum: 5e68d090fb9dbdbd4865c41920c09658 boot.img

Thinking about trying to port CM to this device.
    It installed through ADB and gave me a backup of the stock Recovery.img as well as the TWRP Recovery.img

Here is the stock backup I got. I unpacked and repacked it which cut the file size down to normal, you can get that Here.

Here is the TWRP it gave me.

Maybe someone smarter than me can figure it out.

Thank you PatF! You helped make this tablet even more hard to beat at this price point!

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

I used Kingo Root from here http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root.htm using Windows 8.1, did not work on Windows 7 for me. When the phone restarts into Fastboot mode give it about 5 minutes to be safe then hit the small reset hole with a needle or something small. When it restarts it should be rooted

Well thanks to PatF I was able to flash the TWRP recovery image from Android Os with no problems using this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.mkrtchyan.recoverytools
    Good luck everybody else and give PatF a thanks in the previous post for the hard work, all we have to do is root, download the image and flash.

Mexicandroid - muchas gracias por proporcionar toda esta ayuda y la instrucción !

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

We should request a complete forum for this device! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1660354&page=332#post57313273
    Did it make a flashable zip or installed it though ADB?

It installed through ADB and gave me a backup of the stock Recovery.img as well as the TWRP Recovery.img

Here is the stock backup I got. I unpacked and repacked it which cut the file size down to normal, you can get that Here.

Here is the TWRP it gave me.

Maybe someone smarter than me can figure it out.
    This worked to install TWRP on my RCT6203W46 (the new model). I've sucessfully backed up my ROM with it.

Edit: It seems to only see the internal "SDCard" in TWRP.
    Just got a pair of these via FedEx from Walmart today. Awesome tablet for the money so far ($79 black friday), wish the viewing angles on the screen wernt so bad tho.

I was able to root easy with Kingo only AFTER I installed the pdanet drivers. Thanks to all that posted that.

So... yeah a rom would be awesome. Not much to do with root ATM heh. I would def donate for it.

As more people get theirs from ordering online etc maybe there will be a large enuff base with them to create demand/interest for a rom.

Fingers crossed and subed. Thanks everyone!
    Try installing Xposed and GravityBox KK, next best thing to a custom Rom with a ton of options