Post Reply Email Thread
15th July 2014, 10:00 PM |#1061  
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 730

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limnaln

I won't be so quick in replacing mnazim, cause i doubt that he abandoned our device, I think that he's just doesn't have time or something, cause:

Stable 6.0

Devices running as Weekly:

mnazim:

N7100
I9100g (Inactive DM)
I9000 (Inactive DM)

I mean he couldn't abandon so many devices.

You may be right with that. Just looked and mnazim did not post anywhere since a while. He may totally come back

Quote:
Originally Posted by a g bell

Things are looking up😜😁

show off

FYI. the build we made have defective kernel. a g bell had to flash Semaphore with Odin on top for it to boot... so we will not post the build yet... but yes the commit seems to fix the problem (except if someone says that it always work when you flash another kernel.. then we are screw lol)
The Following User Says Thank You to Silentbob999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Silentbob999 Ad-Free

16th July 2014, 12:06 AM |#1062  
Thanks Meter: 369

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentbob999

FYI. the build we made have defective kernel. a g bell had to flash Semaphore with Odin on top for it to boot... so we will not post the build yet... but yes the commit seems to fix the problem (except if someone says that it always work when you flash another kernel.. then we are screw lol)

This was bound to happen at some point, strat stopped development of Semaphore a long time ago. Is there any reason why we cannot officially swap to Mackay? Kasper has recently purchased another SGS1 and resumed development, his kernel is rock solid.

Sent from my LG-F180K using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to nchc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nchc Ad-Free
16th July 2014, 02:53 AM |#1063  
Flag Montréal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchc

This was bound to happen at some point, strat stopped development of Semaphore a long time ago. Is there any reason why we cannot officially swap to Mackay? Kasper has recently purchased another SGS1 and resumed development, his kernel is rock solid.

I anyways been a fan of Stratosk way before it became the default kernel for Slim.. Devil and Semaphore... Was good time.

If mnazim have to come back, it will probably be when L will be out and Kasper will have cook a kernel for it. Then in an instant all the necessary merge will be done [crystal ball off] 😜

Tapatalked with SlimKated NexusFive

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

@sanguinesaintly
Color picker done!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54172347

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankoman

awesome. apparently you can enable it in xml too. just tested it out.

added it to quicksettings styles options and committed https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/11361/

edit: i swear i didn't take that screenshot at 4:20 on purpose

The Following User Says Thank You to Silentbob999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Silentbob999 Ad-Free
16th July 2014, 03:00 AM |#1064  
Thanks Meter: 369

More
Quote:

I anyways been a fan of Stratosk way before it became the default kernel for Slim.. Devil and Semaphore... Was good time.

If mnazim have to come back, it will probably be when L will be out and Kasper will have cook a kernel for it. Then in an instant all the necessary merge will be done [crystal ball off] 😜

Fingers crossed L will be functional on SGS. Yes i remember the good old days too when we had so many devs, both kernels and roms. Still even now, we have many options newer devices would beg for. I think SGS has a lot of nostalgic value with devs as it taught them so much. Long live pawtip, he's still going strong with CM support.

The Following User Says Thank You to nchc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nchc Ad-Free
16th July 2014, 04:56 AM |#1065  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 88

More
I just found this old phone in my closet lol. I want to use it has a alarm clock.

Stupid question but what recovery should I use??
16th July 2014, 09:55 AM |#1066  
Flag Plovdiv
Thanks Meter: 243

More
Good News Everyone

Hey,

No not stopped. I have some issues with my laptop and all. So building is somewhat of an issue.

Should be back soon.

Regards

Muhammed Nazim
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to limnaln For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift limnaln Ad-Free
16th July 2014, 05:09 PM |#1067  
Flag Jesenice
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Goodbye my friends and awesome devs for all the fun you gave me and others on our old faithfull sgs i am now most probably leaving this forum because i have bought LG G3 which is more than fantastic have fun developing

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to lulek01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lulek01 Ad-Free
17th July 2014, 02:29 AM |#1068  
Flag Montréal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wolf91

It should be fixed when they will merge this: https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/9579/ .

It got merged (which means it will be in next weekly) 😁

This build have been made earlier today with this commit cherry-pick.
No other changes compare to the weekly (nothing significant got merged)
link removed
It's a gift from @RobbieL811 . Please thanks him. 😃

Keep a kernel near in case it doesn't work. Maybe also a nandroid backup. (test build, not used to build for this device, small risk that it doesn't contain the right vendors files ). But everything indicate that this build should be ok 👌

Thanks also @a g bell for volunteer and test early broken build 😉

Also, look slim website for gapps, Danko did some updates.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Silentbob999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Silentbob999 Ad-Free
17th July 2014, 03:04 AM |#1069  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Am I invisible?
17th July 2014, 03:29 AM |#1070  
Flag Montréal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromusha38

Am I invisible?

Well, I did not play with that device since a while but if I remember right every kernel come with is own recovery (at least it was on slimBean). (not the case at all on nexus5)

So my advice, if you are on stock search for a kernel (eg Semaphore), you should be able to find a version flashable by Odin and then you are free to do whatever you want.

There is maybe some prefered approach to upgraded and get all the partitions resized and mounted like it should on latest SlimKat but I cannot confirm. Try it straight and if doesn't work flash CM10(or11?) then SlimKat.

Sorry to "ignore" you, if you didn't notice it's ridiculous quiet here. On some other forum, by the time you write a long answer like this and click send you got 3-4 persons that give the same answer. (ninja)

17th July 2014, 08:03 PM |#1071  
Flag blackpool
Thanks Meter: 2,513

More
Quote:

It got merged (which means it will be in next weekly) 😁

This build have been made earlier today with this commit cherry-pick.
No other changes compare to the weekly (nothing significant got merged)
http://devhost.xda-developers.com/MtD
It's a gift from @RobbieL811 . Please thanks him. 😃

Keep a kernel near in case it doesn't work. Maybe also a nandroid backup. (test build, not used to build for this device, small risk that it doesn't contain the right vendors files ). But everything indicate that this build should be ok 👌

Thanks also @a g bell for volunteer and test early broken build 😉

Also, look slim website for gapps, Danko did some updates.

Has anybody flashed this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fast, i9000, kitkat, slim

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)