[App] Search Everything - A faster file search for your file system

Search This thread

marl1234

Feb 21, 2011
PT61V91.png

SEARCH EVRYTHING

Hey guys,

Iv'e published my new app for android power users who have lots of files on their device and want easy access to them. It's called Search Everything. It's a file search app that scans your file system and indexes it. Then filters the list by your search term. The result is a fast almost instant results. It operates much like the program "Everything" on windows.

Google Play Link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marlon.searcheverything

ILxI4DF.png

K2c9Mim.png

FOxOlGG.png

DPVMKfO.png

rG5wKtB.png

Would like to hear some feedback :)

Last edited:

RogueNeuron

Oct 25, 2013
Moto G7 Play
I'd really love to use this app full time but it does not list any files on my external SD (/storage/sdcard1).
Also, a few basic optinos like show/hide hidden files or garbage files from cache folders.
On the plus side, I really love the sheer speed and i like the color and simple interface design.

Hope there's an update sooon! :)

Good work, thanks much!

Reactions: jcbjoe

jcbjoe

Apr 17, 2011
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 7
PT61V91.png

SEARCH EVRYTHING

Hey guys,

Iv'e published my new app for android power users who have lots of files on their device and want easy access to them. It's called Search Everything. It's a file search app that scans your file system and indexes it. Then filters the list by your search term. The result is a fast almost instant results. It operates much like the program "Everything" on windows.

Google Play Link:

ILxI4DF.png

K2c9Mim.png

FOxOlGG.png

DPVMKfO.png

rG5wKtB.png

Great app

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

khangozzy

Aug 18, 2006
Hanoi
Great app, fast and smooth search but it did not index my external SD card. Couldn't find any thing in my SD card.
Sony Xperia ZL running lastest PAC nightly.

biopsin

Nov 2, 2010
oslo
Quick and simple, but on open containing folder rootexplorer 2.x opens the default home directory instead..

jon313

Mar 7, 2009
Zagreb
The app works great- just like Everything :)
I've got a suggestion- it would be great if you could make a widget like google's quick search bar, or an app "in" the notification bar (like Notable).
And if it could search apps too.

I know it's a lot- but it's just to get you thinking if you want to add something (the app works great as it is, for me) :)

edhenry59

Feb 23, 2014
I've got a suggestion- it would be great if you could make a widget like google's quick search bar, or an app "in" the notification bar (like Notable).

I know it's a lot- but it's just to get you thinking if you want to add something (the app works great as it is, for me) :)
LOL you beat me to it. I was gonna suggest the same.

This app is great! Exactly what I have been searching for for a long time! Here are a few more suggestions:
Option to exclude specific locations from being indexed/searched.
Option to launch the app by pressing the search capacitive button, instead of the default google search app.

EDIT: forgot to mention the reason to exclude specific locations - don't really need the gallery thumbnail files in search, do we?

Last edited:
May 22, 2012
Charleston
Great app, great work

I have now installed this app on my Nexus 7(2013), Nexus 5, and a Motto E and it works amazingly well.
I have been using ES File explorer since I did my first Android device root about 5 years ago and it has been my goto method of searching my devices ever since. But, as anyone who has done this knows it is painfully slow.
Your app has finally changed that and I could not be more grateful.

Thank you for all of your work it is greatly appreciated!

Reactions: marl1234

unl0rd

Oct 24, 2009
Melbourne
FC while indexing

Fantastic idea. 'Everything' on the PC is so useful, and this is no different. I don't need it to be able to open or view a file, just find where it is, that's been the painfull part upto now.

I do however get PC's every time during indexing, once it gets to around 32K+ files.

--
HTC Sensation, Revolution HD 6.6.7, Android 4.0.3

RandomDK

Feb 15, 2011
Looks great but could you add option to show files thumbnails?
This would be a great feat, but imo, only if the search-speed isn't affected
Great app very fast any plans for root and website searches?
This would be my nr 1 request also
And what about searching/launching apps? Possible? Planned?
I'm again worried about speed, but if you are looking for a fast and easy way to launch apps you could try App Dialer https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=name.pilgr.appdialer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PT61V91.png

SEARCH EVRYTHING

Hey guys,

Google Play Link:

ILxI4DF.png

K2c9Mim.png

FOxOlGG.png

DPVMKfO.png

rG5wKtB.png

Looks great but could you add option to show files thumbnails?
    Showing thumbnails was on the initial design so yeah i'll probably add it.

Great app very fast any plans for root and website searches?
    Yes there are plans for root as this would be very helpful. Don't have plans yet for web searches.

Quick and simple, but on open containing folder rootexplorer 2.x opens the default home directory instead..
    I've only tested this on ES file explorer, so don't expect much on other file managers but I'll add support for them soon.

Will try your suggestions :)
    Adding apps to the list would be very useful expect it soon.

And what about searching/launching apps? Possible? Planned?
    Possible and planned :)

Wow, this is cool, but I'm just curious, how is this possible?

From what I know, Everything Search Engine for Windows is based on build it's database from NTFS journal so it's like superfast and always up-to-date. But for Android phones, the /sdcard (which is where most of our files stored and the place we would like to search) is usually FAT isn't it? Then how would you accomplish this?

Everything Search Engine for Windows is possible to search non-NTFS partitions by manually create a database from all the files and keep tracking all the files while running in background, are you doing the similar thing that is running a service at background all the time to keep track of new files? If so, wouldn't that kill our battery and isn't the Android's built-in Media Storage already doing something alike (but for media files only of course)
    No background service is running in this app, Its just a simple directory traversal that is cached and updated on every start-up.
    Hey guys, I did not know I was mentioned here on XDA up until now. Glad you guys are liking the app, thanks for all the interest.

Anyway, SD card was not supported on initial release because all my test devices are nexus. I'm pushing an update fixing some FCs and working on SD card support now. After that I'll add suggestions in this thread.
    I'd really love to use this app full time but it does not list any files on my external SD (/storage/sdcard1).
    Also, a few basic optinos like show/hide hidden files or garbage files from cache folders.
    On the plus side, I really love the sheer speed and i like the color and simple interface design.

Hope there's an update sooon! :)

Good work, thanks much!