UPDATE v1.018 "Italian update" is on market

+ Italian language
+ Fixes for french language
+ Minor fix for date editing

rocker1983

May 8, 2014
Hi!

glad to be helpfull!

I just checked the app, and now that I can see "the whole picture" I've found some minor mistakes :

- MAIN PAGE (at the bottom) where you can SHARE or RATE the app ----in this case RATE (previously translated as TASSO) should be translated as - VOTA-.....the same occurs within the page "YOUR SUGGESTION" but in this case it would be better translated as "VALUTA"

- the string "add to logged expenses" translated as "AGGIUNGERE ALLE SPESE REGISTRATE" would be better as "AGGIUNGERE ALLE SPESE EFFETTUATE"

- the string "all" (as seen below every categories) seems not being translated and it would be "TUTTE" but within the "expenses page" would fit better as "TOTALE"

- where you can choose how to pay (MONEY SOURCE/MY WALLET/ALL DEBTS) it seems not being translated..in this case it could be "CHI PAGA?"/"MIO PORTAFOGLIO"/"PRESTITO"

- the previously tranlsation of "LENDER" is right but it sounds awful in italian...if you accept a longer transalation it would be better "PERSONA CHE PAGA"

- the string "TAX/DISCOUNT,%" in this case, if it is referred to the use of a credit card, "tax" should be translated as "COMMISSIONI"

- where you can choose "money sources",when it comes to edit it "debit card" is translated just as "CARTA" while it should be "CARTA DI DEBITO"...............also credit card" seems not being tranlsated on every pages

I hope to have made myself clear enough...I did not edit the strings because in some cases I don't know "what changes what" being the same word on multiple strings.

As soon as you'll make the proper corrections I'd check the app again.

Reactions: Vitiy

Vitiy

Mar 24, 2011
vitiy.info
- where you can choose how to pay (MONEY SOURCE/MY WALLET/ALL DEBTS) it seems not being translated..in this case it could be "CHI PAGA?"/"MIO PORTAFOGLIO"/"PRESTITO"

- the previously tranlsation of "LENDER" is right but it sounds awful in italian...if you accept a longer transalation it would be better "PERSONA CHE PAGA"

Thanks a lot for your help again.

I made some corrections at translation page, but not all of them. You can modify your translation using web interface at any time (as well as other people can make suggestions how to translate some phrases better).

MONEY SOURCE/MY WALLET/ALL DEBTS - there are some translation. Not sure how to change it.

LENDER is to be changed at all places?

And VALUTA sounds like 'currency' in my language :) so im not sure where to place it.

rocker1983

May 8, 2014
Thanks a lot for your help again.

I made some corrections at translation page, but not all of them. You can modify your translation using web interface at any time (as well as other people can make suggestions how to translate some phrases better).

MONEY SOURCE/MY WALLET/ALL DEBTS - there are some translation. Not sure how to change it.

LENDER is to be changed at all places?

And VALUTA sounds like 'currency' in my language :) so im not sure where to place it.

- VALUTA could mean "currency" or "to rate"..and RATE could mean "valuta"(or the verb "valutare") or "tasso"... that's why there was some misunderstanding....you should translate RATE as "VALUTA" (2nd person singular of the verb) in order let people give stars on the market while
money-wise is "TASSO" (just to let you know how things can be complicated tasso could also mean badger :D)

- LENDER is the person who lend/borrow and in italian is translated as "PRESTATORE" but as I said before it has prominently a bad meaning and is really not used in everyday language...so I'd go with "PERSONA CHE PAGA" ---> person who pay for. I noticed lender just in one page but is likely to be used that way everywhere

as for money source /my wallets/all debts I'll check again and try to figure it out how to change in the web interface

Vitiy

Mar 24, 2011
vitiy.info
...you should translate RATE as "VALUTA"...

- LENDER is the person who lend/borrow and in italian is translated as "PRESTATORE" but as I said before it has prominently a bad meaning and is really not used in everyday language...so I'd go with "PERSONA CHE PAGA" ---> person who pay for. I noticed lender just in one page but is likely to be used that way everywhere

I changed RATE to VALUTA. What is right word for social "SHARE" button?

I changed SELEZIONA "PRESTATORE" -> SELEZIONA PERSONA CHE PAGA

Evie H

Jul 18, 2014
Problems

I have written the review in google play. I still have the problems about 4 participants while I have entered only 3. However I have experienced this only on one trip, I tried to create test trip, but still could not reproduce it.
See screenshots attached.
First I have 3 visible participants and 100%
View attachment 2857936
Now I have selected Myself (Me). Still 100%
View attachment 2857938
Now I select one other person. Still 100%
View attachment 2857932
Now I select third person. Voila - 75%! ?
View attachment 2857931
Well, now I finish adding expense... interesting, empty space before comma and 4 participants. But I saw only 3! Not even one with empty name!
View attachment 2857930

Oh, by the way, any ideas how to remove unnecessary participants? I was trying to find the reason and accidentally added one more participant I don't need.

Last edited:

Vitiy

Mar 24, 2011
vitiy.info
I have written the review in google play. I still have the problems about 4 participants while I have entered only 3. However I have experienced this only on one trip, I tried to create test trip, but still could not reproduce it.

Thanks a lot for your report. Its seems like some bug to me - i will try to reproduce it somehow. And fix. Looks like some additional participant with empty name was automatically added at some stage.

The ability to delete participants will be added inside next patch.

Evie H

Jul 18, 2014
Thanks a lot for your report. Its seems like some bug to me - i will try to reproduce it somehow. And fix. Looks like some additional participant with empty name was automatically added at some stage.

The ability to delete participants will be added inside next patch.

I tried to add an empty participant - it still shows as participant with empty name.
Pity there is no way to share this trip with some specific mail or smth - I would gladly do that... I will not remove this trip, and if you need some other actions or more screenshots, please contact me.

Vitiy

Mar 24, 2011
vitiy.info
I tried to add an empty participant - it still shows as participant with empty name.
Pity there is no way to share this trip with some specific mail or smth - I would gladly do that... I will not remove this trip, and if you need some other actions or more screenshots, please contact me.

Thanks a lot for your help. There are plans to make export for trip to share with friends and that feature will come in one of near patches (as well as cloud synchronisation). But right now there is no way to export trip. I will definitely contact you if the reason why this empty user was created will be still unclear after some investigation. One minor question - you created your trip participants from trip options or from 'add expense' view where you select users?

Evie H

Jul 18, 2014
Thanks a lot for your help. There are plans to make export for trip to share with friends and that feature will come in one of near patches (as well as cloud synchronisation). But right now there is no way to export trip. I will definitely contact you if the reason why this empty user was created will be still unclear after some investigation. One minor question - you created your trip participants from trip options or from 'add expense' view where you select users?
I have reproduced the issue (I have worked on software and web QA and know how it is difficult to find anything from vague descriptions...):
1. Create a new trip
2. Try to add some expense
3. In step where participants can be added (third one) enter the participants list
4. DESELECT ANY SELECTED PARTICIPANTS (this step is the main for reproducing the issue)
5. Try to add a new participant by clicking the plus sign. Now you can use "Back" link or "OK" without entering any data or changing anything
6. Go back to step where you can enter participants list or other data. An empty participant is listed, however, it is not displayed in participants list as icon and cannot be selected.

Oh, and got maybe 3 crashes when clicking "back" button on phone. Sent report.

Last edited:

Vitiy

Mar 24, 2011
vitiy.info
I have reproduced the issue (I have worked on software and web QA and know how it is difficult to find anything from vague descriptions...):
4. DESELECT ANY SELECTED PARTICIPANTS (this step is the main for reproducing the issue)

Now thats will be very easy to fix - i wish every bugreporter had QA knowledge like you. :good::good::good:

Oh, and got maybe 3 crashes when clicking "back" button on phone. Sent report.

This is very unexpected - could you provide any details on this? (I dont yet see any crash reports inside google administrative ui)

Evie H

Jul 18, 2014
Now thats will be very easy to fix - i wish every bugreporter had QA knowledge like you. :good::good::good:

This is very unexpected - could you provide any details on this? (I dont yet see any crash reports inside google administrative ui)

Hm, I got it again, but the report viewer stopped working when I tried to view system log. Maybe if you could tell what information is needed I might try to put it in screenshots or some other way directly from crash report preview.

Vitiy

Mar 24, 2011
vitiy.info
Hm, I got it again, but the report viewer stopped working when I tried to view system log. Maybe if you could tell what information is needed I might try to put it in screenshots or some other way directly from crash report preview.

Is it happening at the same screen switch? May be there are some reasons to it... I never got reports about such behaviour.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Create budgets for your upcoming trips and log expenses using this modern designed tool.

tripbudget1.png

Search market for "TripBudget"
    Market url: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.calibvr.tripbudget

If you like to travel and don't have unlimited supply of money this app will help you a lot. Make trip budget plans and track trip expenses in the most fast, easy and stylish way.

For the most fast planning new trip budgets the expenses are divided into categories to be added as quickly as possible. You can create several versions of the same trip and compare final estimated values. After planning you can switch from plan mode into spending mode and log actual trip expenses. You can compare the final trip budget cost with the plan at any moment and access full statistics for each trip expense category.

Screenshot-2014-02-11-20.20.10-611x1024.png

The app automatically converts expense values into base currency using public rates from open sources (like European Central Bank, etc) which are updated every day (internet connection is required). You can also set your fixed currency rates for each trip budget.

When you travel TripBudget uses GPS to track expense locations. When you enter money amount you can also set discounts and taxes. If you travel with friends you can enter information about expense sharing.

Incoming updates will also provide cloud synchronisation of trip budgets across your devices (including iOS client, which is coming soon).

Supported languages at the moment: English, Russian, Spanish, French, Dutch, Italian

If anybody want to help with translating interface to one of the following languages [ Bulgarian, Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Norwegian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese ] - there is web interface for easy and fast translation here: http://vitiy.info/localization/tripbudget/

Thanks a lot for your help!

Latest UPDATES:

v1.020
    + New view mode for expenses list - view on map
    + Ability to modify section of expense
    + Click on maps will open system map or navigator
    + Optimizations for large lists of expenses

+ New design and functions of expense view
    + Ability to view expense on the map
    + Ability to delete trip participants
    + Main sections are automatically reordered by usage frequency
    + Fixes for italian localization
    + Minor stability fixes

+ Italian language

+ New languages: español, french and dutch
    + Ability to enter fraction of expense value
    + Fix for crash while setting currency rates
    + Application now has default cache for currency rates
    + Clicking on currency at main tabs opens currency options
    + Additional exit button under Immersive mode

+ support of immersive mode under Android 4.4
    + new functions for money sources

v1.014
    + ability to attach photos to expenses
    + grouping by days and categories in expense lists
    + time-based graphs for expenses
    + ability to change date of expense

+ group trips - add the list of participants to trips and track shared expenses and debts
    + money sources - track balance of your credit cards/cash resources
    + new default categories - visa, breakfast, snacks, coffee, lunch, medical, network
    + expense entry was modified for more user-friendly usage

+ major support for horizontal layouts (tablets)
    + fixes for currency updates
    + new suggestions section at settings

+ Urgent stability fix

1.007-1.008
    + The count of supported currencies was greatly increased
    + You can now enter custom exchange rate for currency (new trip options)
    + App now uses standard keyboard
    + The currency selectors were changed
    + Ability to delete old trips

NOTE: Current version is BETA - any bug reports and suggestions are highly welcome

More information and screens could be found here: http://vitiy.info/tripbudget-fast-budget-calculator-logger-for-trips-android/

Search market for "TripBudget"

XDA:DevDB Information
    TripBudget, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Vitiy

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.020

Created 2014-02-11
    Last Updated 2014-09-04
    Looks nice....going to give it a try
    That looks so nice I wish I could afford a trip! haha
    This will be nice for anyone who is tdy, or travels for work. Pull in the per diem rates and track accordingly

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    That looks good app. I will try it. Thanks