[22.12.2014] cm11.0

Search This thread

czechop

Aug 21, 2012
Hey, guys, how come there isn't a CM11 with the 3.0 kernel for Milestone2? Isn't the difference in hardware only in the keyboard? The 3.0 kernel has seen great advances lately, it could offer significant improvements to Milestone2, as well :)

Beside the keyboard there are also few other changes(some sensors are different). But that's not a huge problem. It just not as stable as 2.6.32 yet, and it drains battery lot more:)

patrol-cz

May 15, 2013
Prague
Many thanks for updating to 4.4.4, Czesiek! First few hours of testing show only positive changes!
One of the last things I would like to improve in this ROM is very low volume of the phone conversation in both earpiece and loudspeaker modes. Especially, the earpiece mode volume is really weak on my device, even the setting is of course on the max. I believe there is some "coarse" setting, available in some config file, property or something like this. All your releases are exhibiting this problem on my device, while original Moto firmware as well as for example Engle_Mars's ROMs haven't this problem. Is there a possibility to fix this without recompiling ?

With regards,
Pavel

patrol-cz

May 15, 2013
Prague
Hi!
I'm a little bit confused. Was OTG removed from the latest release, or not ? It doesn't work for me now :(. Simply nothing happens, the device doesn't get powered etc.
With regards,
Pavel

patrol-cz

May 15, 2013
Prague
[18.07.2014] I'm just checked - OTG works fine.

Thanks for info! So, it's not removed intentionally, it's just not working for me.
When I plug the device in, the following appears in the logcat:
Code:
W/ContextImpl( 1654): Calling a method in the system process without a qualified user: android.app.ContextImpl.sendBroadcast:1187 com.android.server.usb.UsbSettingsManager.deviceAttached:621 com.android.server.usb.UsbHostManager.usbDeviceAdded:156 com.android.server.usb.UsbHostManager.monitorUsbHostBus:-2 com.android.server.usb.UsbHostManager.access$000:38
and nothing happens on the UI level of the phone.

Pavel

steve8x8

Jul 7, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
OnePlus One
Changes 0530->0718

Thanks for your wonderful ROM!

I may have missed the ChangeLog, so I went and diff'ed the build.prop files of both ROMs.
I found that most "Defyisms" have gone, but there's still one: in cm.updater.uri ... apparently, there's no ROM repository for the MS2 right now, so CMUPdater doesn't find anything.
Nice to have ro.config.low_ram set to true by default, but where did persist.sys.usb.config go? That one seems to be the only setting that hasn't been preserved, I presume there was a reason to do so?

As a bonus, what about a tun.ko module?

Addition: With both ROMs, I found the proximity sensor only half-working within Z-DeviceTest: Approximating triggers the sensor, but removing the finger again won't flip it back, and Z FC's the corresponding thread. So far, that's the only glitch I could detect. (and I'm not even sure it's a software bug, not a hardware one - and the only way to find out would be to go back to stock :()

Last edited:

lampwarez

Jun 2, 2011
Motorola One Vision
What a wonderful work here, Czesiek.

Call recording is working, but sound is very low. I got a little better selecting the Normal voice profile in the Dialer properties (default is none selected). Equalizer make it worse.

Best regards.

n1phantom

Jan 30, 2012
Belgorod
Can you check a checksum of zip file you downloaded and compare it with value in md5 file? If it is not equals then try download it again and reflash.

Scalabis

Jan 8, 2014
Missing Governor?

Are you guys missing SmartAss since last update?

I select in Stock Recovery, but when the MS2 boots, there is no SmartAss available in Performance menu.

Thanks!

BTW, what amazing ROM!

lampwarez

Jun 2, 2011
Motorola One Vision
What a wonderful work here, Czesiek.

Call recording is working, but sound is very low. I got a little better selecting the Normal voice profile in the Dialer properties (default is none selected). Equalizer make it worse.

Best regards.

29.11.2013 - dialer and incoming voice level fixed;

Is it possible to make voice level higher? Even with normal voice profile selected is hard to use outdoor...

Reactions: ssjoker

steve8x8

Jul 7, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
OnePlus One
Is it possible to make voice level higher? Even with normal voice profile selected is hard to use outdoor...

This should be fixable without modifying the ROM (for now at least).
1st tre the "Equalizer" app, move all the sliders up to max, this will give you a few dB
If I ever manage to find out where the system settings are (I have no access to the device right now) - unfortunately I cannot find any alsa* utilities inside the ROM itself - I'll get back...

Reactions: lampwarez

rabinhood

Feb 16, 2009
Katowice
IMHO one of best features of this ROM (maybe all 4.4.4?), besides fancy looking dialer, is the fact, that finally Android calendar shows 6 months history of past events, instead od 1.5 months, like in all ROMs I tried before. In my job I have to check exactly what I was doing during last 2-3 months, and Android history limitation was really annoying.
Neverthless I had some troubles on fresh install - settings manager kept crashing, couldn't be skipped, so phone was unusable. Luckily when I restored /data from a previous build, settings manager didn't pop up on reboot.
In general good job Czesiek! Keep providing us with updates. Thank you!

Reactions: fanghongjian

Nataniel4

Sep 16, 2009
Men, you are the best! 4.4.4 the last Android in a 2011 device without bugs. thanks, this is for the people that can't buy these Samsung Galaxys :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM11.0 for Milestone2

[Downloads][gapps]

It's based on defy(made by Quarx) version.

Changelog:

• 22.12.2014 - smartass governor added; CM code synced; MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR :)
    • 03.10.2014 - CM code synced
    • 18.07.2014 - CM code synced (4.4.2 -> 4.4.4)
    • 30.05.2014 - CM code synced
    • 12.03.2014 - Some small BT headset changes; CM code synced(seems to fix some random reboots/telephony layer problems seen in last 2 versions).
    • 24.02.2014 - Call delay fixed
    • 22.02.2014 - BT headsets should now work(haven't tested it myself); CM code synced
    • 20.01.2014 - wifi tethering fixed(this time for good I hope:D); OTG support added; CM code cynced.
    • 18.12.2013 - wifi tethering partially fixed(see notes); CM code synced.
    • 12.12.2013 - battery charge level shown in 10% steps fixed; incorrect colors during video playback(introduced in previous build) fixed; CM code synced(android updated: 4.4.1->4.4.2);
    • 09.12.2013 - baseband selection fixed; apps2sd disappearing after reboot should be fixed(haven't tested it); CM code synced(android updated: 4.4 -> 4.4.1, luncher settings added...); persian language(fa_IR) added; new gapps(4.4.1) available
    • 03.12.2013 - bluetooth fixed; green led disabled after boot; CM code synced; ringtones restored; following languages supported: en_US pl_PL ru_RU zh_TW de_DE es_ES cs_CZ it_IT vi_VN pt_BR hu_HU fr_FR zh_CN nl_NL
    • 02.12.2013 - proximity sensor fixed(main reason to release this version so quickly after the previous one); camera fixed; baseband selection tool added; CM code synced; still on old kernel; almost all ringtones removed(to make space for Camera app) - they will be restored(with the apps removed already) in the next version.
    • 29.11.2013 - dialer and incoming voice level fixed; CM code synced; still on old kernel
    • 25.11.2013 - CM11 - wifi fixed, keyboard backlight fixed, CM code synced(quick settings added among others); Some apps(Email, Camera, Video Editor) removed so that gapps will fit on the /system; AOSP discontinued
    • 13.11.2013 - AOSP: wifi fixed; apps installation from sdcard fixed; camera preview working(taking photos/recording does not work yet); ART seems to work
    • 08.11.2013 - CM11: Initial version

NOTES:
    • Use minimal/core gapps(about 20MB) from the link above

Known issues:

Sources:

• repo init -u git://github.com/czechop/android.git -b cm-11.0

Installation
    • Install my CM10.2 version >= 07.11.2013 first
    • Go to recovery
    • Make a backup of your data(highly recommended)
    • Install this ROM
    • Install core gapps
    • If you wiped data(made factory reset) before installation, then after installing ROM boot it first, and then reboot and install gapps(otherwise you may get setup wizard crashes)

Credits:

• Credits for this rom goes to: Quarx2k, Tezet, Blachd0se, CM team... and many, many more.
    Thanks for new release Czesiek! I thought MS2 development is dead now. I even thought about buying MS3 or Droid 4 device. Regards!

It's not yet dead... I still plan to sync with CM sources from time to time:)
    Workaround for delay on incoming calls

Workaround for delay on incoming calls:

It is a governor related issue (interactive governor). To avoid it you can switch the governor. I just added files for czechop's builds for the boostedASSv2 governor that is a very good tradeoff between performance and battery life. It is as simple as flashing the attached zip file in recovery.

I timed it:

With interactive governor the delay was three seconds, with boostedASSv2 it was one second. I also tested Ondemand governor which also had a delay of one second. But for sure it is not as battery friendly as boostedASSv2.

If for whatever reason you want to switch to another governor than boostedASSv2 you need to enter dev mode and change it in the menu. To enter dev mode do the following:

Go to "Settings>About phone" and tap "Build number" a few times till it tells you that you unlocked dev mode. Then go back and tap "Performance". Ignore the warning and tap on "Processor". There you can test different governors. If you want them to persist on boot you have to activate "Set on boot". Else it will reset to interactive on each reboot.

Report back if you got issues or press the thanks button if it fixed the problem.

EDIT:
    If you still get delays and your phone is undervolted, make sure that vsel1 is minimum 30 (default: 33) and there should be no problem anymore.

2. The Phone does not wake up on keyboard press, means if the keyboard is slided out and the phone goes into standby you have to push the power button instead of one keyboard button (that was stock behaviour)

As @L3ibnitZ already stated, you can press OK button. Not a problem I guess.

3. In the Browser i can't use numbers or special chars in input boxes with the hardware keyboard, with software keyboard everything is fine

With Dolphin everything is working as it should be. So it is not related to this rom. Which browser do you use? The issue might be there…
    How about 3.0 kernel? Quarx is making huge progress on Defy. Would it be hard to port to Milestone 2?

No, it shouldn't be hard to port it to milestone2. Only a few sensors are left to be ported, but it's still not very stable, so will stick to 2.6.32 for now:)
    Not really significant for real usage, but still amazing idle battery life :)

That's really impresive:) During Christmas I haven't used my phone very frequently, so the battery laster for 6 days... but it's far from your achievement:D