Thanks Meter: 79

More
Very nice thank you

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th July 2014, 02:12 PM |#242  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 23

More
How do you use user scripts in habit?! I tried using several but it doesnt work. Can someone help.
17th July 2014, 02:29 PM |#243  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Trying to change my Facebook profile pic and it not letting me do so in the habit browser any ideas?

It says select from then brings you to upload picture when you click on upload nothing is happening. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
17th July 2014, 07:26 PM |#244  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
So what kind of great changes will I see from Habit Browser over FF or Chrome? I know FF likes to sit open in the background all the time, sucking up cpu processes.
17th July 2014, 07:46 PM |#245  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerdude152002

So what kind of great changes will I see from Habit Browser over FF or Chrome? I know FF likes to sit open in the background all the time, sucking up cpu processes.

There are no great changes. Habit doesnt use user sctipts. Its a broken browser. Use FF or Chrome instead. Theyre much better and faster than habit.
19th July 2014, 08:31 PM |#246  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I am not a fan of the UI at all. Its not very polished and way too cluttered.
20th July 2014, 02:56 PM |#247  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Gonna try it and compare with the one I'm currently using; which is UC Browser

Edit: Tried Habit and I have to say I did not like the UI at all, in addition to the fact that it is not really faster than UC browser, guess I'm going back to the latter, and that's after trying Dolphin for a year or more

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 running Phoenix Rom v18.8
20th July 2014, 05:45 PM |#248  
Thanks Meter: 451

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

I am not a fan of the UI at all. Its not very polished and way too cluttered.

What you would call "cluttered" is what makes this browser so unique and well-liked. While most people like the iOS-ish UIs [read: simple, lacking in tweakability, lacking in functional access, lacking in deep user control] and accept what the browser dev structured without the ability to tune it exactly the way one would want it, Habit is the "geek's browser", where it provides a heap of controls, tweaks, functional access, and allows one to make the browser behave exactly the way they want it.

To me, "polish" is exposing all possible controls and tweakability of a browser. Habit does this well. It is not for everyone. Just like not everyone wants to root and deeply customize their device--they rather use it as is. For those majority of the population [read: not geeky, not "truly" technical, don't know what ADB is lol], there are plenty of more "polished" and less "cluttered" 3rd-party browsers out there.....

I, for one, feel that Habit fills a sorely missing gap in the browser space. I just wished Habit would use its own framework so that it can remember passwords under KK.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snovvman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift snovvman Ad-Free
22nd July 2014, 09:15 AM |#249  
Thanks Meter: 51

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman

What you would call "cluttered" is what makes this browser so unique and well-liked. While most people like the iOS-ish UIs [read: simple, lacking in tweakability, lacking in functional access, lacking in deep user control] and accept what the browser dev structured without the ability to tune it exactly the way one would want it, Habit is the "geek's browser", where it provides a heap of controls, tweaks, functional access, and allows one to make the browser behave exactly the way they want it.

To me, "polish" is exposing all possible controls and tweakability of a browser. Habit does this well. It is not for everyone. Just like not everyone wants to root and deeply customize their device--they rather use it as is. For those majority of the population [read: not geeky, not "truly" technical, don't know what ADB is lol], there are plenty of more "polished" and less "cluttered" 3rd-party browsers out there.....

I, for one, feel that Habit fills a sorely missing gap in the browser space. I just wished Habit would use its own framework so that it can remember passwords under KK.....

i agree, i did that mistake of uninstalling dolphin over this poopy browser. i actually liked dolphin
22nd July 2014, 01:32 PM |#250  
Flag Selangor
Thanks Meter: 2

More
gonna try this to replace my chrome. thanks for sharing
22nd July 2014, 07:37 PM |#251  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Compare
I'm a multi-browser user (Default, Lightning, UC and Firefox, mostly); how Habit compares with the (yet very rough) Now Material Browser is what I'd like to know...

http:// www.xda-developers.com/android/now-material-browser/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)