GENERAL CHAT!! All XDA'ers Welcome (noobs included) :)

Search This thread

jrc2

Nov 7, 2013
It will work to port a ROM from the P3110 to the P5110, right?

Sent from my SGH-T989

jrc2

Nov 7, 2013
Yes. You need to change some vendor files + kernel, maybe small other changes, it's not that hard to port from p31xx to p51xx as the devices are mostly the same.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

OK, thanks. That's what I was thinking. If, for example I wanted to port AOSPA from P3110 to P5110, I would use cm11 as the base, right?

Sent from my SGH-T989

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
E.g, yes ;)
You can also check p51xx and p31xx differents (for vendor blobs) here https://github.com/andi34/proprietary_galaxy_tab2/tree/cm-11.0

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

BTW. I have synced aospa source. What's your device? Maybe I can build for you next week.

Reactions: tetakpatak and jrc2

jrc2

Nov 7, 2013
E.g, yes ;)
You can also check p51xx and p31xx differents (for vendor blobs) here https://github.com/andi34/proprietary_galaxy_tab2/tree/cm-11.0

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

BTW. I have synced aospa source. What's your device? Maybe I can build for you next week.

I use a P3113 (which has AOSPA) but I noticed the lack of Roms for the P5110 and was wondering how hard it would be to port or even build for it. I just don't want to brick other people's tablets since I don't have one to test on.

Sent from my SGH-T989

boenklon2

Dec 2, 2011
What is the most stable stock android kitkat rom so far?
I want to apply the rom to my tab...thank you very much for the help :)

NinjaTale

Jul 20, 2014
Hey everyone!

Do you have any particular preference of editing apks? I like hard coding but I'm not sure what I'm doing just yet, I've tried to use 7zip once, but how are people who do this regularly doing it? Do you have a particular method? I'm picky. So the more ideas the better!

I've read through tutorials but I'm trying to find one that suits me. I'm used to editing websites CSS/HTML via notepad++ and am attempting to take my publications mobile, and I'm currently using MIT app inventor, but I need to still edit those apks to fine tune them.

Any suggestions from people who transitioned from websites to apps/roms?

Thanks for helping me demystify this process, I've struggled with this learning curve for quite a while now and plan to read more tutorials, but just want to know what most people are choosing to do to make this learning curve the easiest.

Thank you!

Sent from my T-MO Galaxy S4 using XDA

Last edited:

Android-Andi

Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Hey everyone!

Do you have any particular preference of editing apks? I like hard coding but I'm not sure what I'm doing just yet, I've tried to use 7zip once, but how are people who do this regularly doing it? Do you have a particular method? I'm picky. So the more ideas the better!

I've read through tutorials but I'm trying to find one that suits me. I'm used to editing websites CSS/HTML via notepad++ and am attempting to take my publications mobile, and I'm currently using MIT app inventor, but I need to still edit those apks to fine tune them.

Any suggestions from people who transitioned from websites to apps/roms?

Thanks for helping me demystify this process, I've struggled with this learning curve for quite a while now and plan to read more tutorials, but just want to know what most people are choosing to do to make this learning curve the easiest.

Thank you!

Sent from my T-MO Galaxy S4 using XDA

Check this tool: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2326604

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8190 mit Tapatalk

nonzon88

Jul 24, 2014
I cant figure this out

i have a Galaxy Tab 2 P3113 4.0.1 i believe i cannot get it too boot up normally it goes thru this handshake phase also i have no idea what Launcher NOT installed means. i click stock launcher and BOOOM thats what i want to have for ever but as soon as i click the power button once and again its back to the BTcore menu can someone help me make my tablet Boot up normally with out interuption please :(

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
i have a Galaxy Tab 2 P3113 4.0.1 i believe i cannot get it too boot up normally it goes thru this handshake phase also i have no idea what Launcher NOT installed means. i click stock launcher and BOOOM thats what i want to have for ever but as soon as i click the power button once and again its back to the BTcore menu can someone help me make my tablet Boot up normally with out interuption please :(

Copy your data elsewhere and flash some JB stock firmware with Odin.

tetakpatalked from my P5110

Android-Andi

Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io

What have you done before this happened?

nonzon88

Jul 24, 2014
I cant figure this out

What have you done before this happened?

i just got like this on craigs list it has no launcher at all the only thing i did was hold power button + Vol UP to Recovery the cleard cache and user data the reset i was able to get into the stock rom if i put my wifi house code in but other than that yup i need a Launcher installed

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

how do i copy data else were and What jail broke stock fireware is good to go for me to make me back to normal.. iam sorry to bug you guys i just need to get these tablets running again its 2 tab 2 p3113s with the same problem WOW

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

how do i copy data else were and What jail broke stock fireware is good to go for me to make me back to normal.. iam sorry to bug you guys i just need to get these tablets running again its 2 tab 2 p3113s with the same problem WOW

Android-Andi

Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
No sure what you did. stock recovery won't be the reason. It can clear cache and do a factory reset - only user data get lost but not break your Rom.

Have you flashed anything?

nonzon88

Jul 24, 2014
no

No sure what you did. stock recovery won't be the reason. It can clear cache and do a factory reset - only user data get lost but not break your Rom.

Have you flashed anything?

not yet but i do have Odin i guess i just need to put a launcher on to get it to get passed this part that is messed up

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Farewell!

With a bit of regret, I have to bid farewell to my Tab 2, and with it, to this great community... After buying the Asus Memo Pad HD 7, I am putting my Tab 2 up for sale on Craigslist.

I had a great time with this little tablet! Just wanted to say big THANK YOU to all the people who helped me along the way. Special thanks to @ketut.kumajaya and @Tsjoklat for their wonderful work on kernels and ROMs, to @Luigi2012SM64DS and @mitchellreece for a lot of useful info. Of course, not to forget folks like @Chainfire and @Phil3759, but that goes even without saying. :)

Happy New Year to all of you, and all the best wishes!
    @tetakpatak or donation for something good if a.dev don't accept donations (some people don't have anything to eat in this world for example). uploadfromtaptalk1429693554080.pnguploadfromtaptalk1429693566169.jpg

Send from OnePlus One using Tapatalk
    In the recovery there would be backup and restore.
    So go to there and press backup.
    U need to have atleast 2.5 GB of space.
    This is important as sometimes if u mess some things up and your tablet wont boot into your rom then this backup will come into help as u can always go into Recovery no matter what. :)
    Hi! I have a TAB 2 P3110 running cm10.1 and i want to know if its possible to install xposed framework. I want to run minminguard module.
    Thanks!
    :good:

If u have a cm10.1 , you must be having a custom recovery too.
    And so you can install xposed well and good.
    Get xposed installer from play store, install it and reboot.
    And then download modules from inside xposed installer app.
    If your phone doesnt boots up, then flash the zip xposed disabler from your sdcard.
    The zip will be made once u click on install xposed.
    Hope this helps.

Sent Via XDA App On My Awesome P3100..!
    Hi there, so im a high leveled Noob, i got a samsung Gtab2 10.1, after long use, i finally in a way i also cant

really explain able to Root and change the ROM to custom: Dhollmen ROM if im not wrong, well the thing is, all

is visible from the thread, i mean the way to do this and that. but how can i actually change it to this ROM

(xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2704517) ?? i try reading, well it promised better performance

and battery so i thought just give it a go. and along away got brain busted, so many words but there's no

download link for P5100. Honestly i had try reading before asking question, but my net here sooo bad u can

leave it loading take shower and make soup, come back and its still struggling.

so i give up when i reach page 8. ummm if its possible, can i also get a recommended snappy, stable with high

battery kinda ROM ? any help really2x appreciated.

Go with slimkats! The rom is really slick!
    Use the latest builds as always :)