[D6543] Xperia Z2 - Brazilian DTV-LTE Model Thread

Search This thread

Tiu Fiu

Feb 28, 2012
São Paulo
I'm also using .314 (german) + the cubeundcube root method and every is fine (using Vivo 4g at Sao Paulo)..
German firmwares always work like a charm because they have the same 4g bands as we do.

Actually German carriers also use bands 3 and 20, while the 4 Brazilian big carriers use only band 7 (also used in Germany). The big thing to keep in mind here is that all firmwares for the D6503 have the same basebands, regardless of the location. We can use any country's firmware if we want to. I just use the German one because it is usually one of the first to receive updates as they come, but on my ZL (ZQ here in Brazil) I used Russian, Nordic and even the "Commercial and Journalists" (internal Sony) firmwares without any issues at all.

Last edited:

TicoVillas

Feb 18, 2014
São Paulo
Still no 4G

That's is very weird mate, my APN settings are exactly like yours, the only exception is the APN name itself (I renamed mine to just say "Claro"), but that is supposed to be just a name.

The only thing I can think of that might be wrong is in Claro's end. Maybe the network just does not recognizes you SIM card as LTE-enabled. My advice to you is to call Claro itself and ask if your SIM card status with Claro is LTE-enabled. Perhaps some configuration on their side is messed up.

If it doesn't work, just go to a Claro store and buy a new SIM card, 10 bucks and Claro is pretty mich forced to set your definitions on the new card. Just make sure you want a LTE-capable one.

Sent from my D6543 using Tapatalk

Just an update in my situation;

I've called Claro and they checked everything and said that should work since on their end was everything right, just for a clean conscience the operator said he would send again the configuration to my device, i had to wait one day, turn off my phone and after 5 minutes turn back on and ta-da, still no fuc**** 4G.

So today i went to the store and talked to the manager, he tried some configurations and still nothing, he said that there's nothing wrong with the sim or cellphone and that really should work, since my phone even "sees" the network, now i have a protocol and claro's TI will look into my case. Great.

When i have some news i'll keep you guys posted, maybe my situation will help someone in the future.

Wish me luck, lol.

Atlas

Jul 21, 2014
Hel
Lol, I've flashed German latest version, and LTE works fine here(Rio de janeiro)
But one question, I just flashed, did I lost my TA files? If no, how can I save them?

Jan 18, 2012

I've called Claro and they checked everything and said that should work since on their end was everything right, just for a clean conscience the operator said he would send again the configuration to my device, i had to wait one day, turn off my phone and after 5 minutes turn back on and ta-da, still no fuc**** 4G.

So today i went to the store and talked to the manager, he tried some configurations and still nothing, he said that there's nothing wrong with the sim or cellphone and that really should work, since my phone even "sees" the network, now i have a protocol and claro's TI will look into my case. Great.

When i have some news i'll keep you guys posted, maybe my situation will help someone in the future.

Wish me luck, lol.

Did you put your sim on another 4g-ready smartphone to test the network? If the awnser is yes i definitely recommend you to backup your phone and reflash the firmware, sometimes something goes wrong and reflashing solves this problems.

TicoVillas

Feb 18, 2014
São Paulo
.314 root

Actually German carriers also use bands 3 and 20, while the 4 Brazilian big carriers use only band 7 (also used in Germany). The big thing to keep in mind here is that all firmwares for the D6503 have the same basebands, regardless of the location. We can use any country's firmware if we want to. I just use the German one because it is usually one of the first to receive updates as they come, but on my ZL (ZQ here in Brazil) I used Russian, Nordic and even the "Commercial and Journalists" (internal Sony) firmwares without any issues at all.

Hey dudes, easyroot is working in .314?

I just flashed .314 but easyroot don't pass when i hace to click on "make it rain" in the cellphone, on the cell part everything seens to work but the script keeps waiting for the explit.

Any ideas?

Tiu Fiu

Feb 28, 2012
São Paulo
Alright, one at a time.

Hey dudes, easyroot is working in .314?

I just flashed .314 but easyroot don't pass when i hace to click on "make it rain" in the cellphone, on the cell part everything seens to work but the script keeps waiting for the explit.

Any ideas?

On Easy Root Tool's thread there is a new version, v11, that the OP says should work on .314. I rooted using this method, the only difference is that you need to set up ADB PATH on Windows, which is an easy thing to do (Google it and you should find it).

There is a tutorial thread here explaining what you need to do.

Lol, I've flashed German latest version, and LTE works fine here(Rio de janeiro)
But one question, I just flashed, did I lost my TA files? If no, how can I save them?

If you just flashed the new firmware using FlashTools, then no, you did not lose your TA partition.

You can make a backup using this method, but you will need to be rooted so the tool can access the necessary files and back them up. You don't need to be on the latest .314 firmware to backup your TA partition, any firmware will do, as long as you are rooted.

Wish me luck, lol.

Goog luck bro... I can only imagine how annoying it can be...

Best regards to you all.

Luhccas-X10

May 26, 2010
Fortaleza - Ceará
Anyone tried to porting DTV app to D6543 with other region firmware?
Isn't just libs and apps+odex files?

In Z1 with some alternative ROMs we had a patch with some files and there was DTV app.

Sent from my AWESOME Xperia Z2!

Reactions: dougmcsp

TicoVillas

Feb 18, 2014
São Paulo
At last!

Alright, one at a time.

On Easy Root Tool's thread there is a new version, v11, that the OP says should work on .314. I rooted using this method, the only difference is that you need to set up ADB PATH on Windows, which is an easy thing to do (Google it and you should find it).

There is a tutorial thread here explaining what you need to do.

If you just flashed the new firmware using FlashTools, then no, you did not lose your TA partition.

You can make a backup using this method, but you will need to be rooted so the tool can access the necessary files and back them up. You don't need to be on the latest .314 firmware to backup your TA partition, any firmware will do, as long as you are rooted.

Goog luck bro... I can only imagine how annoying it can be...

Best regards to you all.

Finally;

This is just plain wierd, as sugested by claro's manager and our friend "Sayid_the_Lost" i tested my SIM card with my brother's Xperia ZQ and that didn't worked, still no 4G, so i placed my SIM back into my phone and guess what, motherfuc**** LTE/4G.

I still have no idea what happened, maybe a SIM reboot? But, now i have 4G.

Thanks everyone and i'll keep posting news about things i learn and if i someone need some help i'll try my best;

Now with Xperia Z2 - D6503 - 17.1.2.A.0.314 Germany - unbranded - 1281-4640 working perfectly and with xposed module for anyone curious about using it.

Atlas

Jul 21, 2014
Hel
Finally;

This is just plain wierd, as sugested by claro's manager and our friend "Sayid_the_Lost" i tested my SIM card with my brother's Xperia ZQ and that didn't worked, still no 4G, so i placed my SIM back into my phone and guess what, motherfuc**** LTE/4G.

I still have no idea what happened, maybe a SIM reboot? But, now i have 4G.

Thanks everyone and i'll keep posting news about things i learn and if i someone need some help i'll try my best;

Now with Xperia Z2 - D6503 - 17.1.2.A.0.314 Germany - unbranded - 1281-4640 working perfectly and with xposed module for anyone curious about using it.
Nice to hear that buddy :Do
@thread

The German 314 is working well, but I noticed something. I tried to update walkman and album, but update Centre did not worked, it says that I already have the latest versions. Is anyone experiencing the same?
@TicoVillas, what do you exactly uses on xposed? I'd like to use it too, but I did some wrong things on my gs4 in the past haha.
Cheers

TicoVillas

Feb 18, 2014
São Paulo
Xposed

@thread

The German 314 is working well, but I noticed something. I tried to update walkman and album, but update Centre did not worked, it says that I already have the latest versions. Is anyone experiencing the same?

@TicoVillas, what do you exactly uses on xposed? I'd like to use it too, but I did some wrong things on my gs4 in the past haha.
Cheers

Sup Geiger;

I use a good amout of modules, Tinted status bar been one of the best ones and UDN (Hide navbar) that is awesome since i have full screen without losing the navbar functionality.

Look at the screenshots, that's the ones i have, and for me was very easy to install, just download from the apk Xposed repository and install, the phone need to be rooted but the bootloader can be locked or unlocked after that inside the app you need to install the framework and just then you can use the modules, every time that you install a new module you need to activate and reboot (soft reboot do the job);

If you need some more help just ask away, and if you want more information on any specific module too.

Ps. German .314 is workin smooth and with working LTE/4G

Cheers everyone;

peterf9

Nov 29, 2010
São Paulo
Sup Geiger;

I use a good amout of modules, Tinted status bar been one of the best ones and UDN (Hide navbar) that is awesome since i have full screen without losing the navbar functionality.

Look at the screenshots, that's the ones i have, and for me was very easy to install, just download from the apk Xposed repository and install, the phone need to be rooted but the bootloader can be locked or unlocked after that inside the app you need to install the framework and just then you can use the modules, every time that you install a new module you need to activate and reboot (soft reboot do the job);

If you need some more help just ask away, and if you want more information on any specific module too.

Cheers everyone;
My friend, do you know if is module to bypass exchange security for our xperia. I had for my old S4 (em paz descansa)
Thanks

TicoVillas

Feb 18, 2014
São Paulo
My friend, do you know if is module to bypass exchange security for our xperia. I had for my old S4 (em paz descansa)
Thanks

Peterf9

Maybe this one:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/org.flacid.exchangebypass

or this:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.shantz.exchangebypass

Can't be sure, they say that to work you need to delete your account, activate the module, reboot and add again, but is for AOSP devices, don't know if it will work in stock Sony ROM.

Best of luck;

Reactions: peterf9

peterf9

Nov 29, 2010
São Paulo
Peterf9

Maybe this one:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/org.flacid.exchangebypass

or this:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.shantz.exchangebypass

Can't be sure, they say that to work you need to delete your account, activate the module, reboot and add again, but is for AOSP devices, don't know if it will work in stock Sony ROM.

Best of luck;
Ticovillas,
Thats the problem, they are for AOSP and phone is not rooted yet to test.
Thanks any way

leandronovy

Sep 2, 2010
Backup

Guys, i think i'll update my Z2 (D6543) with the last stock rom from D6503. Don't need the DTV.
I'll backup my TA partition for security. Do i need to backup the stock rom? Currently i have a debrand .55 firmware.
I don't want to use another rom, so i don't want to unlock my bootloader.
To backup the stock rom, i need a custom recovery, can i do this with a locked bootloader? Or i need to unlock it?
Is there a problem in root rom .314? Thanks for any help.

Luhccas-X10

May 26, 2010
Fortaleza - Ceará
You don't need to unlock your bootloader to use another ROM.
You don't need a custom recovery to backup your TA, you need this to backup your current ROM.
You just need root to make TA's backup.
:good:

Reactions: leandronovy

Tiu Fiu

Feb 28, 2012
São Paulo
Guys, i think i'll update my Z2 (D6543) with the last stock rom from D6503. Don't need the DTV.
I'll backup my TA partition for security. Do i need to backup the stock rom? Currently i have a debrand .55 firmware.
I don't want to use another rom, so i don't want to unlock my bootloader.
To backup the stock rom, i need a custom recovery, can i do this with a locked bootloader? Or i need to unlock it?

I'm gonna divide it up to make things easier for all of us.

You can backup your TA partition by just rooting your Z2 and running the Backup Tool, that's all. No need to backup the stock ROM just to backup your TA partition.

To backup your ROM you will need a custom recovery, yes, but that has nothing to do with locked or unlocked bootloader. Search for [NUT]'s XZDualRecovery on the Cross Device Development section and install it. No fears or worries, the custom recovery will not in any affect your bootloader.

You'll only need to unlock your bootloader if you want to flash a custom Kernel, as the locked bootloader prevents changes to the Kernel (or, at least, flashing a Kernel that is not signed by Sony). As custom ROMs also invariably have a custom Kernel embedded on them, you'll also need to unlock your bootloader if you want to flash one of them.

As the recovery is not a part of the Kernel, there is no need to unlock your bootloader to use one.

Rooting on the .314 firmware is stable and works like a charm. I don't know about the other methods available, but I've used this one, which was the first to truly and successfully root the .314 firmware, on more the one occasion and it also works perfectly. Just remember that you need to setup the ADB PATH on Windows to use it. No worries, it's an easy thing to do. Just Google it and you'll be fine.

Reactions: leandronovy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey brothers.

Since our dear Sony Brazil decided to release in our country a Digital TV-capable LTE model and since this model seems to be sold only here, I thought it would be a good idea to create a Brazilian-specific thread so we can discuss any features, details or problems specific to our device.

While the Brazilian Xperia Z2 has just been released in our country (and, therefore, there is still very little information or data available for the D6543), I thought it would be a good idea to present some specs of this device in order to avoid or, at least, reduce the number of questions people (and specially newcomers) might have.

Differences Between Models

Most of the Z2 specs are the same on all models (D6502, D6503 and D6543), such as the same processor (Qualcomm's MSM8974AB), 3 GB of RAM, Adreno 330, 5.2" Full HD IPS screen and so on. The only differences between the models are:

1 - The networks:
    D6502: UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz | GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz

D6503: UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz | GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz | LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 20)

D6543: UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz | GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz | LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 - no bands 13, 17 and 20 here, so forget about the 700 MHz 4G/LTE when our government/carriers finally manage to use this frequency, once the analog TV signal is cleared and made available for mobile networks)

2 - The Digital TV receiver
    Well, this speaks for itself. Unfortunately, it is still the 1seg standard.

Apart form these two details, there is apparently no other differences from our tupiniquim model and the one sold internationally. The Xperia Z2 White Paper can be found here. There is also a far more technical datasheet on our devices which can be found here.

Despite both devices being different, you CAN flash a D6503 firmware on you D6543. You will lose your DTV app. You can try to restore it through Titanium Backup, but the app will force close (you'll only install the app, but not the necessary system files and whatever is inside the Brazilian firmware's Kernel, so it absolutely will not work at all). If you don't care about DTV, you can use a D6503 without any problems or worries at all.

3 - Rooting, custom recoveries, bootloader unlocking, etc.

At this moment I can only say what I have experienced so far, and, with that regard, I can confirm to you all that you can do pretty much anything you want in that matter as if it was a international 4G/LTE Z2 (D6503).

Rooting tools (at least for the .314 firmware) work as they should (I've used this one in both my Z2 and my Z2 tablet, but there is also this one that should work too - these are the only ones I'm aware of). TA Backup tool also works as it should.

For custom recoveries, I've only tried [NUT]'s XZDualRecovery (v.2.7.154) and it works like it should. Haven't ran into any problems yet.

You should be able to unlock your bootloader just like any other Sony device, but I'm honestly unable to confirm it 100% since I haven't (nor do I intend to) unlock mine.

Current Firmwares

Generic BR | Customization Version: 1281-5466_R5C | Firmware version: 23.1.A.1.28 | FTF File: (*)

Pre-rooted package: Link - Thank you very much @drmspidi for the package and the download link.

Claro BR | Customization Version: 1281-5460_R4A | Firmware version: 17.1.2.A.0.314 | FTF File: Link (1.00 GB)

Vivo BR | Customization Version: 1281-8123_R7A | Firmware version: 17.1.2.A.0.314 | FTF File: Link (1.06 GB)

TIM BR | Customization Version: 1284-4697_R7C | Firmware version: 23.1.A.0.690 | FTF File: Link (1.48 GB)

Oi BR | Customization Version: 1281-8126_R5C | Firmware version: 23.1.A.0.690 | FTF File: Link (1.4 GB)

Previous Firmwares

Generic BR | Customization Version: 1281-5466_R5C | Firmware version: 23.1.A.0.690 | FTF File: Link (1.37 GB)

Here is the pre-rooted flashable.zip file with the 23.1.A.0.690 Generic BR firmware. It was created using PRFCreator v0.8, the FTF above, SuperSU v2.46 and XZDualRecovery v2.8.8. You WILL NOT need the original FTF file posted above since I included everything in the flashable zip file, just flash it with a recovery of your choice (I use TWRP) and you are done. I've tested this on my device and it works perfectly, no issues so far. Since this new Lollipop firmware is very much different from the stock JellyBean and KitKat firmwares, it is highly recommended you do a factory reset before flashing this. Use it at your own discretion - it worked perfectly on my device and it should work just fine on yours, but don't blame me if it goes thermonuclear.

Generic BR - Firmware version: 23.0.1.A.0.167 | FTF File: Link (1.17 GB) (*)
    Generic BR - 17.1.2.A.0.314 Revision R6A: Link (1.04 GB - thank you @BeetoCarvalho for this link).
    Generic BR - 17.1.2.A.0.314 Revision R5A: Link 1 (*), Link 2 (1.04 GB - thank you @ogunja for this second link)
    Generic BR - 17.1.A.2.55 - Link (1.00 GB) (*)
    Claro BR - 17.1.A.2.55 - Link (996 MB) (*)
    Vivo BR - 17.1.A.2.55 - Link (1.04 GB) (*)
    TIM BR - 17.1.A.2.55 - Link (1.05 GB) (*)
    Oi BR - 17.1.A.2.55 - Link (1.02 GB) (*)
    (*) I have deleted these files from my Google Drive account in order to clear up space for future updates.

There is also a folder on Mega with some FTF files, in case someone needs an alternate download link (courtesy of MarcSant).

Notes
    This works on ANY Xperia Z2 (D6543).
    Your Xperia Z2 does NOT have to be rooted.
    Your Xperia Z2 does NOT have to be bootloader unlocked.
    This does NOT re-lock a SIM unlocked phone (unlocking is ONCE and PERMANENT).
    This does NOT unlock your bootloader.
    (Thank you @Apollo89 for coming up with this 4 lines on your Xperia ZQ firmware thread - I think they'll help reduce any doubts newcomers might have)

Since this is an international forum, I'd like to remind my fellow countrymen that we have to post things in English here, as per Forum Rules. But we can also post things in PT-BR, as long as we post it in English first.

Special thanks for contributing:
    @hitsukun for the info on Vivo's firmware and customization number.
    @sighted and Gilson Cristo for Vivo BR's FTF.
    @#BR for the info on Claro's firmware and customization number.
    @MarcSant for the alternate download folder on Mega.
    @IaguCool for developing and releasing XperiFirm for us. Managed to get the customization number from both TIM and Oi and easily download and create any FTF when they come out.
    @ogunja for the Link2 on the Generic BR 17.1.2.A.0.314 R5A FTF.
    @BeetoCarvalho for the Link on the revised Generic BR 17.1.2.A.0.314 R6A FTF.
    @norti for this thread on how to create a pre-rooted update package for firmware version 23.0..1.A.0.167.
    @drmspidi for the pre-rooted package for the Customized BR 23.1.A.1.28 firmware

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Moderators - I understand that there is a policy of avoiding country-specific threads for the sake of keeping things simple and direct, but I'd like to ask you guys to open an exception and keep an opened mind in this case since the Z2 model sold in Brazil (D6543) is available only in here and that may raise some problems very much specific to our device that may not receive the proper attention of the general modding community (such as finding a proper FTF file for our model, issues with the DTV, apps or the available LTE bands on this model, baseband issues and so on). Since this device has just been released here and it is a top-of-the-line device (which means it is very expensive in our country) it has not received any support as of today in Brazilian forums yet, so people may be coming here with a lot of doubts regarding this specific device.

If you guys believe a thread such as this is not important, feel free to close or delete it.
    Xposed

@thread

Cheers

Sup Geiger;

Cheers everyone;
    Hi Tiu Fiu,

Can I install this pre-rooted Lollipop version over my rooted KitKat, using recovery? My data will keep untouched, right?
    Thanks for your hard work.

Ricardo

Hey Ricardo,

Yes, you can flash the pre-rooted version over your rooted KitKat using recovery (I used TWRP and it went OK).

I advice you to choose the factory reset wipe of TWRP to do a fresh install (this Lollipop firmware is WAY different than the previous JellyBean and KitKat firmwares, so this will reduce the chances of having anything messed up with the new firmware). This factory reset WILL NOT delete your files in the internal SD card, but you should do a backup just in case. You won't even need to flash anything with Flashtools afterwards since I used the full-bundle function of PRFCreator v0.8. And to keep you guys informed, I used both SuperSU v2.46 (the latest stable version available) and XZDualRecovery v2.8.8.

As soon as the upload is complete I'll update the OP and include the link to flashable zip file (around 15% or so to go).

EDIT: Upload complete, check the OP for the link.
    @Rick Poldo or anyone else. Please quit spamming the thread with a countdown of how many days have passed since you feel you should have an update. Everyone has a calendar and I'm sure they know how to read it.

Thread cleaned.
    New Firmware D6543 DTV Brazil

New Firmware D6543
    Device: Xperia Z2 LTE-A (D6543)
    CDA: 1281-5466
    Market: Brazil
    Operator: Cistomized BR
    Release: 17.1.2.A.0.314 / R6A
    Network: DTV-LTE
    Size: 1GB

FTF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ZoEbRM2IsNVUFDeG11UXVaVzg/edit?usp=sharing