By mr-cook, Senior Member on 9th November 2012, 08:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th July 2014, 01:14 AM |#3691  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersb11

It's a different story when people actually ask and need help compared to being a buffoon and causing themselves numerous problems and then whining about them and blaming others and then suddenly fix things by doing something that will NOT affect the way ANY system runs. Sure wish I could do nothing and contribute to post count and yet somehow remain smug about it....

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Lls im jus sayin, i know discrimination when i see it, btw still having issues with the usb drives on this phone and multiple other of the same issues i had with cooks, none resolved. Good news is im bout to drop this phone and get the S5 next month so leaving this hole situation in the past.

Fyi: you might wanna reread back thro a couple months to know where im coming from

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Free mobile app

18th July 2014, 01:24 AM |#3692  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 6,932

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_TJU

Same text as last time. I actually have the SGH-S959G too. With the Latest CWM.
Not sure why this is happening but it sucks.

Yea that's weird. You cab edit the updater script so that it doesn't check the device before it flashes but do so at your own risk. It's a safety feature but you say you have the 959 so you should be fine. Try flashing the twrp recovery from the OP of this thread and try again first to just to be safe. I don't use cwm recovery anymore and haven't for as long as I can remember

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by va540area

Lls im jus sayin, i know discrimination when i see it, btw still having issues with the usb drives on this phone and multiple other of the same issues i had with cooks, none resolved. Good news is im bout to drop this phone and get the S5 next month so leaving this hole situation in the past.

Fyi: you might wanna reread back thro a couple months to know where im coming from

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Free mobile app

Charging port is bad then. Even if it charges that doesn't mean the USB portion will work. I've put in 3 new ports and they always go bad in a short amount of time

The Following User Says Thank You to rogersb11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rogersb11 Ad-Free
18th July 2014, 01:49 AM |#3693  
Flag shreveport
Thanks Meter: 2,455

More
Quote:

Same text as last time. I actually have the SGH-S959G too. With the Latest CWM.
Not sure why this is happening but it sucks.

Any particular reason you want to use cm 9? That's ics correct?

Do not use ROM manager with this phone FOR ANYTHING!! it has bricked many of our phones.

If you want to use JB you're going to need to use Odin and one of the cwm 6.0.2.7 .tar files.
For kitkat ROMs you must use cwm 6.0.4.5

Once you have cwm installed you can flash any ROM from the i777 android development/ported development as they already come rooted.

The only difference between this phone and the i777 is that the kernel and recovery are on a separate partition.

EDIT: if you've already got the latest cwm, you can just flash any of mr-cook's recovery zips in recovery, then reboot recovery. I personally use twrp 2.7.1.0 for my kitkat ROMs. I've come to prefer it over cwm

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Quote:

Yeah, It's rooted and on CWM. Which version I have no idea. I can try to use ROM Manager to update it and try the ROM again too.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

This is an exact copy of the text.
--Installing: /storage/sdcard1/cm-10.1.3-i777.zip
Finding Package...
Opening Package...
Installing Update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "i777" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "i777" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGH-I777" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH-I777" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGH-S959G" || getprop(ro.build.product) == "SG-S959G"
E:Error in /storage/sdcard1/cm-10.1.3-i777.zip
(status7)
Installation Aborted.

According to this, you're flashing a JB ROM. Download a cwm 6.0.2.7 zip from the op and flash in recovery, reboot recovery and try again. Of you're on the latest cwm you're going to have to flash a kitkat ROM
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to razen_kain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift razen_kain Ad-Free
18th July 2014, 02:12 AM |#3694  
Flag Adrian
Thanks Meter: 51

More
If your using CWM 6.0.4.4 or newer last I knew its not compatible with anything less than kitkat. Could be wrong though. Haven't read much on this thread since getting this device.

Edit: Perfect example of not reading this much anymore.
Sent from my Alcatel A851L using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woodsninja For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift woodsninja Ad-Free
22nd July 2014, 09:24 AM |#3695  
Flag Zachary
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razen_kain

Haha! Yes! The humidity capital of the world. I'm actually working out of town right now in the God forsaken land of grant parish. About ten miles north of Alexandria.

Lol. Don't forget our state bird.The mosquito. Thanks for the TWRP zip. I was having trouble updating recovery and your zip did the trick. Now running a custom KK rom that's great!

DON'T DRINK AND POST!
The words and letters you miss maybe your own.
The Following User Says Thank You to cssr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cssr Ad-Free
22nd July 2014, 05:21 PM |#3696  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,038

More
I made a tar of the latest TWRP if anybody wants/ needs it.

SGH-s959G_TWRP-v2.7.1.0.tar.md5 - 5.56 MB

Sent from my SGH-S959G
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mr-cook For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mr-cook Ad-Free
22nd July 2014, 10:50 PM |#3697  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Assert failed
Sorry to post to an older thread but I'm hoping someone can help. I followed instructions from OP and everything went great until I went to install the CM 10.1 I get an assert failed getprop Status 7. Root installed and is running fine as is CWM 6.0.4.5. Any ideas I tried doing a search but the only mention of this error looks like it was due to a bad release that was fixed. I'm getting this if us Cm 10.1 or 10.2 nightly from the link in the original post. Thanks for any help.
22nd July 2014, 11:02 PM |#3698  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 6,932

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by petra2201

Sorry to post to an older thread but I'm hoping someone can help. I followed instructions from OP and everything went great until I went to install the CM 10.1 I get an assert failed getprop Status 7. Root installed and is running fine as is CWM 6.0.4.5. Any ideas I tried doing a search but the only mention of this error looks like it was due to a bad release that was fixed. I'm getting this if us Cm 10.1 or 10.2 nightly from the link in the original post. Thanks for any help.

The recovery you are using is ONLY kitkat compatible

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rogersb11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rogersb11 Ad-Free
22nd July 2014, 11:04 PM |#3699  
Flag shreveport
Thanks Meter: 2,455

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by petra2201

The op needs to be updated with this'd information...

The latest cwm is only for kitkat ROMs, that's cm 11+. Of you want to go with jelly bean ROMs like the one you're trying to use, you need to use cwm 6.0.2.7 it's older but JB won't flash on the newer ones. There are a few different versions but any will work as long add it's philZ, AJK, or 6.0.2.7

Since you already have cwm installed you can just DL the zips and flash them in recovery then reboot "recovery" and it will be complete. No need for Odin now. Try that and get back to us
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to razen_kain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift razen_kain Ad-Free
22nd July 2014, 11:16 PM |#3700  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,038

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razen_kain

The op needs to be updated with this'd information...

The latest cwm is only for kitkat ROMs, that's cm 11+. Of you want to go with jelly bean ROMs like the one you're trying to use, you need to use cwm 6.0.2.7 it's older but JB won't flash on the newer ones. There are a few different versions but any will work as long add it's philZ, AJK, or 6.0.2.7

Since you already have cwm installed you can just DL the zips and flash them in recovery then reboot "recovery" and it will be complete. No need for Odin now. Try that and get back to us

I think I'm just going to replace CWM with the new TWRP in the op. It seems to be easy more compatible. Plus I like it better.

EDIT: Done. Op updated to install TWRP with Odin to be more compatible.

Sent from my SGH-S959G
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mr-cook For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mr-cook Ad-Free
23rd July 2014, 03:28 AM |#3701  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
That worked great! Now I just need a new sim card and to transfer over all my stuff.... Many thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to petra2201 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift petra2201 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)